anthony davis

BeastMode54

Based only on what I've read at SportingNews' WarRoom and ProFootbabllWeekly, Davis is a tremendous

natural talent who is fat and out of shape. He was reportedly benched at some point this season for being

over-weight.

If true, not the kind of player I'd want to hand a $10M signing bonus to and then hope that he shows up

in shape.

Caveat: Some players do mature and "get it". Bruce Smith was also way over-weight when he came out

of college, but when the light went on he became a physical specimen - perhaps one of the best-conditioned

DL of his time.

Caveat: Sometimes these characterizations/reports on draftees are just plain wrong.

Based only on what I've read at SportingNews' WarRoom and ProFootbabllWeekly, Davis is a tremendous

natural talent who is fat and out of shape. He was reportedly benched at some point this season for being

over-weight.

If true, not the kind of player I'd want to hand a $10M signing bonus to and then hope that he shows up

in shape.

Caveat: Some players do mature and "get it". Bruce Smith was also way over-weight when he came out

of college, but when the light went on he became a physical specimen - perhaps one of the best-conditioned

DL of his time.

Caveat: Sometimes these characterizations/reports on draftees are just plain wrong.

never heard that.

A lot of sites have us picking him. I haven't seen any Rutgers games this year. Anyone know about him?

I live at 5 minutes away from the campus. I have seen at least 80 percent of his games. He is very good, but not the lights out player you would expect him to be considering the level of play he went against. That said I think the scouts love his size and potential . I think he could come in and play right tackle right off the bat , not sure how he would do at left tackle . He is only 21 lots of room to grow. The issues he had as far as character ect, are minor stuff, late for team meeting , practices minor things when you consider some of the other stuff going around . I was hoping to be able to trade back in the 20's to grab him but it seems like he is flying up the boards. Once they go to the combine the whole thing could change again .

never heard that.

From Scouts, Inc. "Came into 2009 fall camp overweight and was demoted to the second team for the first week of practice. Also was suspended for the first quarter of the 2009 Army game for being late to a team lunch."

Doesn't sound like weight is as much of a problem for him as last year's Andre Smith. He's the 12th ranked player in this draft according to Scouts Inc and the #3 OT behind Okung and Williams. He would not be a bad pick and even at 9 Buffalo stands to be able to pickup a great player with their 1st pick.

Top 15 prospects per Scouts Inc:

Eric Berry

Ndamukong Suh

Gerald McCoy

Joe Haden

Derrick Morgan

Rolando McClain

Russell Okung

Trent Williams

C.J. Spiller

Dez Bryant

Sam Bradford

Anthony Davis

Earl Thomas

Navorro Bowman

Sergio Kindle

We'll get one of those guys

From Scouts, Inc. "Came into 2009 fall camp overweight and was demoted to the second team for the first week of practice. Also was suspended for the first quarter of the 2009 Army game for being late to a team lunch."

Doesn't sound like weight is as much of a problem for him as last year's Andre Smith. He's the 12th ranked player in this draft according to Scouts Inc and the #3 OT behind Okung and Williams. He would not be a bad pick and even at 9 Buffalo stands to be able to pickup a great player with their 1st pick.

Eric Berry

Ndamukong Suh

Gerald McCoy

Joe Haden

Derrick Morgan

Rolando McClain

Russell Okung

Trent Williams

C.J. Spiller

Dez Bryant

Sam Bradford

Anthony Davis

Earl Thomas

Navorro Bowman

Sergio Kindle

No thanks! Yes, being late for team meetings and being overweight are minor infractions compared to major legal issues; however, Buffalo can't afford these type of players.

We already have a handful of "character issue guys" that aren't producing. When a team is as bad as the Bills, you go for a player that is the most talented as well as the least amount of baggage possible.

The only guy who possibly might be at #9 that appears to be supertalented and a natural leader is McClain. Yes, I want a stud LT or a top DT but Suh and Okung are gone barring some major injury or major dissappointment at the combine.

McClain is the best pick for #9.

Now, let me trade down, get Anthony Davis and secure another 1st round or 2nd round pick for a DE or second round LB, then I'll consider Davis.

I posted a thread about Davis at pick number 9 a few days ago and I was told the guy is a beast but has concentration issues and those issues manifest themselves in 2 ways 1- his weight which resulted with him practicing with the second team for a lot of pre-season and 2- his pass protection, Davis's pass protection is usually great but at teams he seems to pull a mental not physical blunder which results in bad things.

I hear that Davis right now is being thought of as a upper mid 1st round guy (12-14ish) who could rise to the top 10 with a good combine that shows his physical attributes. If we took him at pick 9 I would only like the pick if we got a good coach to go along with it. Davis is still very young (21 years old going into the season) who needs a good coach to shape him and get his ass in shape and concentrating on the game.

I like Davis but am reserved on the pick. Davis is certainly a boom or bust pick but its more likely to be boom then bust if he can get coached up right.

Eric Berry

Ndamukong Suh

Gerald McCoy

Joe Haden

Derrick Morgan

Rolando McClain

Russell Okung

Trent Williams

C.J. Spiller

Dez Bryant

Sam Bradford

Anthony Davis

Earl Thomas

Navorro Bowman

Sergio Kindle

If those are the top 15, count on the Bills to get a guy that is not on that list. At least we have a chance t one of them, DJ IS gone, but still a good chance we will go outside the top 15 for our #9 pick.

By the way, how did Andre Smith do this year? I didn't hear anything did he start? Did he contribute?

Bsed on the extreme negativity that was sent his way as opposed to the high pick he garneres, an interesting question. If he did well it proves Marvs point that the fans don't know s**t.

If those are the top 15, count on the Bills to get a guy that is not on that list. At least we have a chance t one of them, DJ IS gone, but still a good chance we will go outside the top 15 for our #9 pick.

By the way, how did Andre Smith do this year? I didn't hear anything did he start? Did he contribute?

Bsed on the extreme negativity that was sent his way as opposed to the high pick he garneres, an interesting question. If he did well it proves Marvs point that the fans don't know s**t.

Smith played in the last 6 games of the year with 1 start. He was injured most of the year with a foot injury. Prior to that, he was a holdout until August 30th then injured himself in a noncontact drill on the 2nd of September. He came into camp out of shape and hurt himself, just like most teams feared.

Smith played in the last 6 games of the year with 1 start. He was injured most of the year with a foot injury. Prior to that, he was a holdout until August 30th then injured himself in a noncontact drill on the 2nd of September. He came into camp out of shape and hurt himself, just like most teams feared.

So the fans were right again.

Thanks Marv :D

I posted a thread about Davis at pick number 9 a few days ago and I was told the guy is a beast but has concentration issues and those issues manifest themselves in 2 ways 1- his weight which resulted with him practicing with the second team for a lot of pre-season and 2- his pass protection, Davis's pass protection is usually great but at teams he seems to pull a mental not physical blunder which results in bad things.

I hear that Davis right now is being thought of as a upper mid 1st round guy (12-14ish) who could rise to the top 10 with a good combine that shows his physical attributes. If we took him at pick 9 I would only like the pick if we got a good coach to go along with it. Davis is still very young (21 years old going into the season) who needs a good coach to shape him and get his ass in shape and concentrating on the game.

I like Davis but am reserved on the pick. Davis is certainly a boom or bust pick but its more likely to be boom then bust if he can get coached up right.

We recently drafted an unmotivated tackle at #4.

We recently drafted an unmotivated tackle at #4.

I was thinking the same thing, this has Mike Williams written all over it. If we can't get Okung then McClain needs to be the pick. More so then needing a LT we need someone who is can't miss. I don't understand the mentality that says it's okay to get the 3rd or 4th best guy on the board when you still have players who are the best at positions of need as well available.