Bills seek permission to talk to Schotty Jr.

While it is not my 1st choice, I think he could be a solid HC.

Like you said, with Schotty Jr on board, Schotty Sr would be involved, either directly or indirectly and considering Nix and Schotty Sr's relationship, I think it may be the next best thing to actually having Marty.

He has had the history of developing quality young QBs and, with Sanchez this year, he has put the Jets in position to be successful. A lot of this is attributed to the quality offensive line they have built, which has directly impacted the running game in a positive way. A good offense predicated on running the ball is how I believe a successful Buffalo Bills team should be built, IMHO.

I just hope they can catch lightning in a bottle and hit on one of these "up-and-coming" coordinators, because it is becoming pretty obvious that Cowher isn't coming here.

The guy in charge of the league's 31st passing attack as our next head coach? When is the parade?

the guy is in charge of the league's 1st rushing attack and is now going into his second playoff game with a rookie at QB....

Some positives about this:

1. He has worked with Buddy Nix in the past, so there is a good relationship between them.

2. He has worked with great QBs Brees and Rivers.

3. Sanchez showed a lot of improvement this year.

4. His Dad should be involved with the team in some capacity.

Negatives

1. He is not Bill Cowher

Lets trade OL's and then i will side with you. Sadly the guy who gets credit for that works in Cleveland as their HC. Lets all get our facts strait, it starts with the draft.

Pass on Schottenhoozer.

You are right about the O-line that BS inherited. Mangini left it there for him. And now he has a first round draft pick at QB who is getting better every game. All this makes him look good.

Would he be any good here as HC? who knows? His offense does look intricate and he runs it nicely, so I wouldn't mind seeing if he was interested. Hopefully his dad will talk him into it, because I think he'd be hesitant about leaving a team on the rise to come here. (Not that I am a Jet fan at all.)

What did he inherit? He's been the o-coordinator since 2006.

Rushing offense ranks since 2006, in order, per ESPN:

2006 - 20th

2007 - 19th

2008 - 9th

2009 - 1st ("pretty good")

Ferguson, Mangold, Woody and Brick. What else do you need?

You are right about the O-line that BS inherited. Mangini left it there for him. And now he has a first round draft pick at QB who is getting better every game. All this makes him look good.

Would he be any good here as HC? who knows? His offense does look intricate and he runs it nicely, so I wouldn't mind seeing if he was interested. Hopefully his dad will talk him into it, because I think he'd be hesitant about leaving a team on the rise to come here. (Not that I am a Jet fan at all.)

We are all excited by the shiny objects. BS could be a great HC someday but I want to see how he handles Sanchez first before I give him a HC gig.