Sun 12/12 Cleveland Browns CBS 1:00 PM

Sun 12/19 @ Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM

Sun 12/26 @ San Francisco 49ers CBS 4:05 PM

Sun 01/02 Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM

I gotta go with...

Seattle L

Miami W

Cleveland W

Cinci L (Anyone see how they played Pittsburgh today? 6 sacks on rothlesburger. Sorry Pitt is better than us AND we can't win on the road)

SF W

Pitt L

7-9 at best

I still say 10-6. I think we will upset Seattle, Beat miami ,clev and 49ers. Pitt will be close i think. Cinci i think we might lose that one. So we will lose either Cinci or Pitt in my book.

We might end up beating Pitt if they've wrapped up home field through out the playoffs and want to bench some starters. There's a chance we could beat them all but it will again come down to how the offense performs on the road. It comes down to what I said in the preseason, if we can score an average of 17 points a game there's a chance we can win each week but of course the offense hasn't been able to do that as of yet. Here's how I see it turning out:

Sun 11/28 @ Seattle Seahawks L

Sun 12/05 @ Miami Dolphins W

Sun 12/12 Cleveland Browns W

Sun 12/19 @ Cincinnati Bengals W

Sun 12/26 @ San Francisco W

Sun 01/02 Pittsburgh Steelers L

Sun 11/28  @ Seattle Seahawks    CBS 4:15 PM 

Sun 12/05  @ Miami Dolphins    CBS 1:00 PM 

Sun 12/12  Cleveland Browns    CBS 1:00 PM 

Sun 12/19  @ Cincinnati Bengals    CBS 1:00 PM 

Sun 12/26  @ San Francisco 49ers    CBS 4:05 PM 

Sun 01/02  Pittsburgh Steelers    CBS 1:00 PM 

I gotta go with...

Seattle      L

Miami        W

Cleveland  W

Cinci          L      (Anyone see how they played Pittsburgh today? 6 sacks on rothlesburger. Sorry Pitt is better than us AND we can't win on the road)

SF            W

Pitt            L

7-9 at best

127731[/snapback]

Cincy and Cleveland both are very erratic. Cincy could be either very winnable or a seriously ugly loss, depending on which Bengals team shows up. Cleveland I'd worry about if they weren't playing in Buffalo. I'm actually convinced at this point that the Bills can beat damn near anyone in Buffalo right now...but couldn't even hang with a college team on the road.

Needless to say, seeing four of the last six on the road doesn't exactly give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

7-9 isn't good, but it's an improvement from last year, which is good, and it would mean finishing the season 7-5 after that awful start - progress. It's a team moving in the right direction instead of the wrong one for the first time since...I don't even know anymore.

Sun 11/28  @ Seattle Seahawks    CBS 4:15 PM 

Sun 12/05  @ Miami Dolphins    CBS 1:00 PM 

Sun 12/12  Cleveland Browns    CBS 1:00 PM 

Sun 12/19  @ Cincinnati Bengals    CBS 1:00 PM 

Sun 12/26  @ San Francisco 49ers    CBS 4:05 PM 

Sun 01/02  Pittsburgh Steelers    CBS 1:00 PM 

First, Buffalo sucks on the west coast! And especially at Seattle.

Miami looked competitive today, so that's no gimme.

Cleveland, Cincinnati and San Francisco seem winable games.

Pittsburgh is a likely loss especially if the Steelers need the game for homefield. Plus I heard about 20,000 Steelers fans bought tickets.

The Bills could go 5-1, 4-2, 3-3, 2-4, yopu just don't know because they have been so inconsistent. I gotta believe they'll win at least one of these road games, hopefully two.

7-9 is what I forsee

Anyone know why Dilfer started for Seattle today? If he starts next week the Bills are more likely to win, in my mind.

Dilfer may be a smarter QB than Hassleback (sp?), but he'll be a stationary target for our defense. I think we'll shut down the running game and if he plays, beat the crap out of Dilfer.

Sorry guys, we can win all the rest and we still won't make the playoffs. I don't like it one one bit, but it's true. We would still finish with the 3rd best record in our division and too many other teams would have to totally go to the crapper.

We can't beat Pitt even at home

127921[/snapback]

With this defense at home and ST we can beat anybody. It's probably the toughest home game on the schedule but not entirely out of the question. All bets are off on the road.

Sorry guys, we can win all the rest and we still won't make the playoffs. I don't like it one one bit, but it's true. We would still finish with the 3rd best record in our division and too many other teams would have to totally go to the crapper.

128072[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but he is right

We have NO tie-breakers to win....wont win it against the Jets, Ravens, or anyone...6 AFC losses will do that.

Hey, if the Bills finish 8-8, that means they won 8 of their last 12.....that would be an accomplishment IMO based on their horrid start.

The way teams are playing this season certainly makes the best argument I have seen for taking it one game at a time. Particularly when you look at a game like the season-ender against Pitts which is a lifetime away, these are factors which can totally change the outcome of the game:

1. Resting players- The game will be totally different depending upon whether Pittsburgh needs it or not for homefield advantage or the playoffs. The Bills are unlikely to need it regarding the playoffs, but if events turn out that Pitts is simply resting up to get ready for their 1st playoff game and this game sees Bills players playing for jobs (or pride if a win makes them 8-8 even though they will miss the playoffs) I expect we will win going away.

2. Injuries- RoboQB has been superb but if an injury occurs which impact his ability to play I expect this game would be very different. This is less true at RB for Pitts as I think either Bettis or Staley can be good, but if WM went down the game outcome would be very different.

2. Weather- Both are rust belt cities, however, a windy day at the Ralph is a very different thing for anyone (particularly a rookie like RoboQB).

Predictions are fun but pretty meaningless (as is shown by pre-season predictions from folks ranging from Howard Simon to ICE). Predict away on the internet but please don't take anything to the bank. Erie County welfare payments are high enough.