Since we blast bills mgt and deservingly so....I think it is

The bills ARE NOT rushing into a decision that will affect this team for another 4 years or so.......they are going thru the process it seems correctly.

- Now this is if you presume that Cowher isn't sitting out there just begging to come to us.....

- First and foremost....they got rid of DJ and didn't wait till the end of the season

- Then they promoted a "football guy" who is a top evaluator of talent

- Second....they handed everybody involved with this sham their walking papers (except for guy who's contract is set to expire and Modrak who I personally dont think is the problem)

- They continue to try to convince Cowher....but are also asking permission to talk to promosing coordinators in the process

- Not rushing into thinking they have to have a HC immediately

Now....my only complaint is not interviewing Billick, but at least they are not making a rash decision.

The bills ARE NOT rushing into a decision that will affect this team for another 4 years or so.......they are going thru the process it seems correctly.

- Now this is if you presume that Cowher isn't sitting out there just begging to come to us.....

- First and foremost....they got rid of DJ and didn't wait till the end of the season

- Second....they handed everybody involved with this sham their walking papers (except for guy who's contract is set to expire and Modrak who I personally dont think is the problem)

- They continue to try to convince Cowher....but are also asking permission to talk to promosing coordinators in the process

Now....my only complaint is not interviewing Billick, but at least they are not making a rash decision.

:wallbash: LOGIC +1

- First and foremost....they got rid of DJ and didn't wait till the end of the season - A year late

- Then they promoted a "football guy" who is a top evaluator of talent - Spoke with nobody else

- Second....they handed everybody involved with this sham their walking papers (except for guy who's contract is set to expire and Modrak who I personally dont think is the problem) - With no immediatesuccession plan in place.

- They continue to try to convince Cowher....but are also asking permission to talk to promosing coordinators in the process - Why must you beg someone clearly not interested.

- Not rushing into thinking they have to have a HC immediately - As they wait - the business of running a team and planning for the future continues. What kind of defense and offense you will run will determine how you evaluate needs at free aganeyc and in the draft. Again - the team is clearly unprepared.

If I understand you correctly, we are to complement the organization for what appear to be making in some cases hasty decisions and in others for making the move a year late? Interesting - we are entering the off season with no clear direction on offense and defense or organizaitonal philosophy for that matter...but we are to bestow on the current brain trust our appreciation. By all means, continue with your kudo's then.

I think your assessment is accurate, but, this should have been done five-years ago, and properly. That's where the beef is w/ fans.

If I understand you correctly, we are to complement the organization for what appear to be making in some cases hasty decisions and in others for making the move a year late? Interesting - we are entering the off seaosn with no clear direction on offense and defense or organizaitonal philosophy for that matter...but we are to betow on the current brain trust our appreciation. By all means, continue with your kudo's then.

Clearly mistakes have been made in the past and it is shown by over a decade of playoff drought.....

BUT

We have an opportunity this offseason to set the ship straight.......

Got rid of DJ - good move

Promotion of Buddy - good move

Clean slate of coaching staff - good move

Hiring of next coach - ??????

Upcoming draft - ??????

Free agent pickups - ????????

Three unknowns at this time......but in my mind when you have the only real HC vacancy in the league why do we need to make a rushed decision on a HC?

Where have you been all my life? :wallbash:

Seriously, the moves you outlined are legit so far. There will be plenty of fans not happy with the new coach (whoever it is), but at least they didn't just hire someone for the sake of having a coach.

:wallbash: Concur.

Completely agree. I was hoping for Cowher, but since it doesn't seem like he's interested, I'm glad they are not just running out and hiring anybody. Now, they might as well take their time, interview ALL potential candidates and see what the best fit is, even if they have to wait until after the Superbowl.