Best QB in the NFL

I know we have our Mannings and Brees, but here me out here.

What Aaron Rodgers has done in Green Bay is astonishing. The guy has no line whatsoever and continues to show efficiency and outstanding determination. The kids got loads of talent. Im glad to see hime succeding. GB got screwed 2x yesterday. I would have loved to see him go into Minnesota and beat the pants off of Brett Favre.

1 Matt Schaub HOU QB 396 583 67.9 36.4 4,770 8.2 298.1 29 15 230 39.5 72T 62 15 25 98.6

2 Peyton Manning IND QB 393 571 68.8 35.7 4,500 7.9 281.2 33 16 237 41.5 80T 59 8 10 99.9

3 Tony Romo DAL QB 347 550 63.1 34.4 4,483 8.2 280.2 26 9 203 36.9 80T 61 17 34 97.6

4 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 350 541 64.7 33.8 4,434 8.2 277.1 30 7 197 36.4 83T 55 17 50 103.2

5 Tom Brady NE QB 371 565 65.7 35.3 4,398 7.8 274.9 28 13 214 37.9 81T 43 12 16 96.2

6 Drew Brees NO QB 363 514 70.6 34.3 4,388 8.5 292.5 34 11 210 40.9 75T 58 11 20 109.6

7 Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 337 506 66.6 33.7 4,328 8.6 288.5 26 12 202 39.9 60T 61 14 50 100.5

8 Philip Rivers SD QB 317 486 65.2 30.4 4,254 8.8 265.9 28 9 208 42.8 81T 64 12 25 104.4

9 Brett Favre MIN QB 363 531 68.4 33.2 4,202 7.9 262.6 33 7 211 39.7 63 52 13 34 107.2

10 Eli Manning NYG QB 317 509 62.3 31.8 4,021 7.9 251.3 27 14 183 36.0 74T 60 12 30 93.1

He is 4th in yds, 2nd in avg per attempt, 4th in QB rating and First in sacks with 50. Imagine what he could do if he actually had a line to block for him, I believe he could have broken 5,000 yds this year.

What Aaron Rodgers has done in Green Bay is astonishing. The guy has no line whatsoever and continues to show efficiency and outstanding determination. The kids got loads of talent. Im glad to see hime succeding. GB got screwed 2x yesterday. I would have loved to see him go into Minnesota and beat the pants off of Brett Favre.

Hmmm. Since Green Bay is in the same division as Minnesota, they play each other twice a year. What happened in the two games they played this season? And remember that Minnesota has a pretty suspect secondary.

I agree he's in the top 5 or so. Hard to argue that he's better than P. Manning or Brees or Rivers. Rogers missed on a couple throws yesterday that would have been sure TD's. Ended up costing them the game. He played great overall, but he did miss a couple easy ones.

What's amazing to me is how many great QB performances we saw this year. Ten guys with over 4,000 yards. Five finished the season with over 100 QB rating (and four more in the high 90's). TD passes all over the place, etc...

Just one more thing that makes me painfully jealous as a Bills fan. How come everybody else gets to have all the fun?

Manning and Rodgers are not of the same caliber. When Rodgers starts to audible like Manning and sees what defenses present on every down w/out question, then we can talk.

Best QBs in the league (for stats and intangibles): Manning, Brees, Warner, Rivers and Favre.

Take Brady off that list for the time being... w/ Welker out, we saw what he was made of. All of the names I've listed have either had serious injuries to WRs, O-line, etc., or played w/ rookies... and still made it work.

Hmmm. Since Green Bay is in the same division as Minnesota, they play each other twice a year. What happened in the two games they played this season? And remember that Minnesota has a pretty suspect secondary.

I understand what happend, but here me out here. The last time GB played MINN was in week 8 GB did not start playing their best football untill week 11. They bottomed out after that week 9 loss to Tampa Bay, and if i remember correctly Rodgers took that as personal, and put the blame on himself.

Since then the GB offense has been outstanding, and went 7-1 in that stretch and Rodgers passed for 2,179 yds 14tds and 2ints.

Manning and Rodgers are not of the same caliber. When Rodgers starts to audible like Manning and sees what defenses present on every down w/out question, then we can talk.

Best QBs in the league (for stats and intangibles): Manning, Brees, Warner, Rivers and Favre.

Take Brady off that list for the time being... w/ Welker out, we saw what he was made of. All of the names I've listed have either had serious injuries to WRs, O-line, etc., or played w/ rookies... and still made it work.

Yeah besides the three super bowls he's really done nothing without welker

GB is extremely fortunate. It doesn't happen very often where a team loses a franchise QB and their next QB doesn't miss a beat. All I can think of is Montana/Young in SF.

Outstanding comparison. I would love to see what Rodgers could do if he wasent always running for his life on every other pass play.

By QB rating alone, you can't argue, he is top 5. Manning is MVP, Romo is still playing, and we'll see Favre, Brees and Rivers this weekend. Rodgers needs to win something to be considered best despite getting screwed yesterday.

Just another point to ponder, the Bills traded up to draft Losman so the Packers wouldn't get him. :wallbash: The Packers "settled" for Rodgers the following year as he fell in their lap.

Ben R.

I've often thought - with no substantiation - that the word has long been out to not ever try to bust Manning into little pieces.

I agree with you 100% it seems very strange to me. You cant touch either Manning without that 15 yd flag. you take Qb's like Big Ben and Rodgers who get sacked 50 times a season and still put up great numbers it says a little something.

seeing as Kurt Warner put up some unreal number last night(so did Rogers, but Kurts where better). He wasnt the best last night.

He isnt the best right now but he will be. I think the current superstars(ie Brady, Manning, Warner) will be phasing out in the next few seasons, and as the tide changes, Rogers will come out as the best in the NFL

seeing as Kurt Warner put up some unreal number last night(so did Rogers, but Kurts where better). He wasnt the best last night.

He isnt the best right now but he will be. I think the current superstars(ie Brady, Manning, Warner) will be phasing out in the next few seasons, and as the tide changes, Rogers will come out as the best in the NFL

don't disagree w/ that one bit...

Rogers is not top five. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Favre (yes, Favre - 33 TD's to 7 INT's this season), Warner are all above him. QB rating means very little. Rogers is very, very good (top 10 with Schaub ahead of Romo) and trending upward and I would absolutely love to have him, but to call him the best QB in the league right now is a complete joke.

Rogers is not top five. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Favre (yes, Favre - 33 TD's to 7 INT's this season), Warner are all above him. QB rating means very little. Rogers is very, very good (top 10 with Schaub ahead of Romo) and trending upward and I would absolutely love to have him, but to call him the best QB in the league right now is a complete joke.

Rodgers was sacked 40 more times then Manning was. Thats 2.5 sacks more a game! Not to metion hurries and knock downs. Put up just as good numbers if not better. I just want to see what he can do behind a line that will hold a block for him.

Rodgers was sacked 40 more times then Manning was. Thats 2.5 sacks more a game! Not to metion hurries and knock downs. Put up just as good numbers if not better. I just want to see what he can do behind a line that will hold a block for him.

he holds onto the ball too long b/c he does well when he's rushed out of the pocket to create a play. downside of that is he gets sacked a ton, whereas peyton just throws it away.

I do'nt think Rodgers is the best QB in the league, nor is he top 5, but I'd put him in the top 10.

Rodgers has grown into a steady QB. He still makes mistakes, but they are things he can work on.

Next season he may very well become one of the NFL's elite QB's.

he holds onto the ball too long b/c he does well when he's rushed out of the pocket to create a play. downside of that is he gets sacked a ton, whereas peyton just throws it away.

I also saw him, several times in the game yesterday, feel pressure when he still had time and run out into a sack. The contrast with Warner was evident - Warner rarely moved side to side, but would step up, avoid the pressure, and deliver a strike. Rodgers is dangerous when he gets on the move, but sometimes he's dangerous to himself.

I also saw him, several times in the game yesterday, feel pressure when he still had time and run out into a sack. The contrast with Warner was evident - Warner rarely moved side to side, but would step up, avoid the pressure, and deliver a strike. Rodgers is dangerous when he gets on the move, but sometimes he's dangerous to himself.

The comparisons are good. Im not syaing he is the best QB in the league, im simply passing the idea that he may be and getting repsonses. It takes the mind of the Bills for awhile atleast.

To raise a question are some QB's products of good systems?

Ben R.

I've often thought - with no substantiation - that the word has long been out to not ever try to bust Manning into little pieces.

Ben is such a clutch QB, it's unreal. I don't know if there's a QB in this league I'd take over Roethlisberger in a 2 minute drill type situation. Whether it's the Super Bowl or a regular season game, whether he has ample time to throw (haha!!) or has 2 or 3 guys hanging all over 'em, he still finds a way to keep plays alive and make clutch throws. In that respect (just that one, I'm not talking totality here), he's a lot like his childhood hero and the guy whose number he wears, John Elway.