Real Lynch Possibilities

I really don't think we can get anything higher than a 3rd rounder for Lynch, but there will be a couple teams looking:

1) San Diego: LT is going to be out, and Sproles is not an every down back. If LT does hit the market, he still sniffs the endzone like no other, and would be a great edition to the Bills/Jackson. He had 12 TDs this year with limited playing time (he missed several games and was pulled when they were ahead in the 3rd quarter). He's be like a Marcus Allen player for us. Plus, his leadership skills are second to none.

2) St. Louis: They cannot let Steven Jackson get pounded like he does every game. Lynch would be a perfect second option for them, considering the league is moving towards that direction.

3) Detroit: I don't think they have that much faith in Kevin Smith after this year. Lynch would be a terror given that all of the home games would be domed.

4) NE: They're always looking and say what you will put Malroney is too hot/cold for the NE brass, and Sammy Morris/Faulk are too old.

5) Philly: Westbrook may not be back and McCoy has some fundamental issues. Lynch would the hard-nosed RB they've been lacking for years. They need to run the ball better, and if they do, DeSean/Maclin/Avant/Celek will be one of the best tandems in the league for many years.

There are a few more, but I think these are real possibilities.

I would think Redskins would be high on that list as well. Portis looks finished and Shanny collects RB's like Chucky collects QBs.

I think a 4th would be most we could get.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did he really do this year to show other teams he can play? I'd say very little. If the problems were all off the field, but his game performance was still very high, I'd agree he has value. But based on both on and off field things, he has low value. If it were some other position, I'd agree tta other tema smight be more willing to take a chance, but running backs are a dime a dozen, and easy for a rookie to come in a get 1000 yards. If real teammates would keep him in line, hoe come no one was able ot keep TO in line in other places?? McNabb couldn't keep TO inline?? Maybe if Lynch was a rookie, it would work, but next years is his 4th year in the league. The only person who can keep ML in line is ML IF he wants too.

Absolutely. Even though the guy has had his share of problems (like 30 other guys in the league), teams know Lynch can play -- and he's young What? You think fans/brass would rather have Kevin Smith over Lynch in Detroit? That's nonsense...

The other teams on the list (w/ the exception of STL) are teams with real teammates and would give ML a whopping if he acted up. GMs and coaches know pretty darn well if a player will be toxic in a locker room or if the players will be able to handle him. Imagine ML pulling this stuff w/ Trotter on his team.

We still would need to replace ML and for what you're going to get for him, you'd be lucky to replace him. While I agree we have starting positions to fill, you still need a decent #2 running back. For what you'd get in retrun you likely wouldn't get much of a quality starter for another position, plus would still need to replace him.

What did StL just get for Incognito, nothing and I think he has more upside than ML does.

I have to also state that the reason why I started this thread is not b/c I hate ML or want to run him out of town. Basically, I know he has value in the league, and I believe Jackson can handle the workload as a premier RB for the Bills. With that said, we need to fill legitimate holes, and RB is not one of them. Even if we can get a 4th for him, I say we take it and snag a FB (of a Sam Gash nature) that can block make Jackson's life easier, or some other need...

Lynch has his most value in his current situation.

We arent going to get any type of draft pick that is worth trading for. Plus, we'd just have to go find another RB anyways.

Lynch had 2 1000 yard seasons, and was a beast of a back, before this past season.

If we are REALLY serious about getting the most out of him, we'll tell him to come back 15-20 pounds lighter, get a real OLine in front of him/Jackson, and get a real coaching staff who know how to use him and Jackson effectively.

he may have "worn out his welcome around here", but here is a message board. I understand that most people from Buffalo havent seen anyone like him before (dreads and gold teeth are scary). But we are better off just keeping him on the team and concentrating on areas of REAL need.

if there is one thing everyone should have learned from the Peters situation, it is dont make holes in the roster where you dont need them. We have enough to fill already.

I Co-sign you 100% (excpet peters he sucks)...people are scared of what the dont know (apperance wise) if he's not wearin a suit and tie saying YES MASSA he must be a thug. Thats how some of the colorless people of buffalo think, but anyway when marshawn was running for 1000+ yards his first 2 seasons everyone was on his sack, now he has a bad year its off with his head. Not mentioning i can GUARANTEE A.P, Chris Johnson or DeAngelo Williams would do half of what the done behind that O-line. I BET YOU FOOLS WOULD TAKE CHRIS JOHNSON and he looks just like marshawn... Its marshawns fault the offense (except the wr's, rb's) sucked without those good pieces we'd been the lions...

We still would need to replace ML and for what you're going to get for him, you'd be lucky to replace him. While I agree we have starting positions to fill, you still need a decent #2 running back. For what you'd get in retrun you likely wouldn't get much of a quality starter for another position, plus would still need to replace him.

What did StL just get for Incognito, nothing and I think he has more upside than ML does.

Don't think it would that hard to replace Lynch -- I really don't. With Jackson in the backfield, you really only need a guy who will see the ball six to eight times, if that. Plenty of veterans will be out there for us to pick up.

And this whole notion of the league turning into a two-back league is odd -- yes, it's the trend and is happening, but has only worked in a few places: Miami, Carolina and Dallas.

Secondly, there are plenty of options in the 4th round that can help the Bills, especially in fringe positions like FB. All good running teams have great FBs that can create holes. We haven't had a good FB in Buffalo in quite some time. Sam Gash made everyone look good.

I Co-sign you 100% (excpet peters he sucks)...people are scared of what the dont know (apperance wise) if he's not wearin a suit and tie saying YES MASSA he must be a thug. Thats how some of the colorless people of buffalo think, but anyway when marshawn was running for 1000+ yards his first 2 seasons everyone was on his sack, now he has a bad year its off with his head. Not mentioning i can GUARANTEE A.P, Chris Johnson or DeAngelo Williams would do half of what the done behind that O-line. I BET YOU FOOLS WOULD TAKE CHRIS JOHNSON and he looks just like marshawn... Its marshawns fault the offense (except the wr's, rb's) sucked without those good pieces we'd been the lions...

that has nothing to do w/ it. appearance? really? how about our concern is having a product on the field that can finally win.

Christ Johnson looks like Lynch. Cool. Now show me his legal record compared to Marshawn's. And when he's been a complete distraction because of it rather than a good teammate. And when Lynch has had half as much success in this league as CJ has in his first two seasons. What a ridiculous post.

dont get me wrong in what im about to say because i love fred jackson. but i think that a lot of people are OVER-valuing him based off of one good season, and are UNDER-valuing Lynch based off of one bad season.

it makes the most sense to keep both on the roster and challenge Marshawn to earn his spot back.

again, you arent going to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Lynch (based on league history), so there is really no point in trying to trade him.

you honestly think any of thse teams or any team in general would give up a 3rd round pick for a guy that has been in trouble the last two offseasons and appears to be in trouble again? are you kidding me

Lynch doesnt have much value

why would any team trade a high pick for Lynch when they can use the same pick to draft a RB out of college that is younger, would be under contract longer, cost less and doesnt have off the field issues

+1

And aside from all the legal troubles, it's become evident that Lynch is just an average RB in a league where average RBs are a dime a dozen. Yet another top 15 miss for the Bills braintrust.

What is it about recent Buffalo running backs. Mcgahee and lynch had a couple good and promising years. Then they began to do some odd dancing around in the backfield and became completely ineffective. Didn't we also send someone to NE with a similar hx?? Conspiracy theory #1- Advanced form of mind control. (i blame beliceck -why can I not spell his friggin name)

Conspiracy theory #2 - This is how unhappy people get out of their contract in buffalo...Probably encouraged to do so by agent

There. Possibly just as stupid as anyone elses opinion.

Seriously, Lynch was a waste of money this year. No one should take up that much cap money, miss about 1/5th of the season for off-field crap and only be a second-stringer As far as how he looks; yeah he looks like a total dork, and he's not especially easy on the eyes either. I realize as far as fashion goes I have not been allowed to criticize since the mullet days, so I should not overly criticize if the crowd he hangs with likes to emulate gang bangers. After all, who was I imitating, George Michaels??? NO!!!!!!! Dress however you like(He can have my old zubaz); how about judging by his actions. This would include the drugs and guns

Hit and run.........Anyone recall how he stood up and accepted responsibility!

Guns and drugs? Not good here either.

The hard running monster sure would have been helpful in NE this year

have you ever even watched Kevin Smith play? he is one of their best players and an outstanding receiver out of the backfield as well

give ML a whopping if he acted up...how comical is that, what are you 10

wasnt Trotter on the Eagles when TO acted up? what exactly did he do, was there a whopping involved?

your arguments are weak

Yes, I watched almost every game Smith played and it was not good. The guy had like three TDs and averaged like 3.4 yds. per carry. Not good for an every down back. Maurice Morris looked just as good, if not better, than Smith did this year.

As for the TO/Lynch thing -- you saw exactly what happened, TO was shipped out when he acted up. Plus, Lynch is no TO. TO proved himself on the field, and had no off-the-field issues, like Lynch. The Eagles players/coaches would be able to be a good influence on him.

Don't think my argument is weak at all.

Yes, I watched almost every game Smith played and it was not good. The guy had like three TDs and averaged like 3.4 yds. per carry. Not good for an every down back. Maurice Morris looked just as good, if not better, than Smith did this year.

As for the TO/Lynch thing -- you saw exactly what happened, TO was shipped out when he acted up. Plus, Lynch is no TO. TO proved himself on the field, and had no off-the-field issues, like Lynch. The Eagles players/coaches would be able to be a good influence on him.

Don't think my argument is weak at all.

TO was suspended and eventually cut by the team so what exactly did Trotter do?

Kevin Smith missed the last three games after getting hurt but still put up solid numbers in his second year playing for a bad Detroit team with either a rookie QB, Culpepper or that other scrub they have

217 rushing attempts for 747 with a 3.4 average and 4 TDs

41 receptions for 415 with a 10.1 average and 1 TD

what were Lynch's numbers this year? would they have been better then Smith's on Detroit...not even close

and yes your arguments of a guy like Trotter would give Lynch a whopping as you call it and that Kevin Smith isnt any good are both weak

TO was suspended and eventually cut by the team so what exactly did Trotter do?

Kevin Smith missed the last three games after getting hurt but still put up solid numbers in his second year playing for a bad Detroit team with either a rookie QB, Culpepper or that other scrub they have

217 rushing attempts for 747 with a 3.4 average and 4 TDs

41 receptions for 415 with a 10.1 average and 1 TD

what were Lynch's numbers this year? would they have been better then Smith's on Detroit...not even close

and yes your arguments of a guy like Trotter would give Lynch a whopping as you call it and that Kevin Smith isnt any good are both weak

HE WAS THEIR FEATURED BACK AND THOSE WERE HIS NUMBERS? AWFUL. PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING W/ THAT.

MM numbers were actually just as good/bad: 384 yds 4.1 ypc; 26 rec. 210 yds., 2 tds.

And yes, I honestly believe Lynch's numbers in Detroit would have been much better, since he's better than both of them. ML is more explosive and a harder runner than KS. Smith has problems hitting the gut b/c of his speed/strength. ML's numbers were an anomaly this year. Smith's 2008 numbers somewhat deceiving b/c he got a lot of 4th quarter meaningless carries when they were getting creamed.

Watch some more Detroit games, and then we'll talk.

f@ck that ****. Beast mode needs to stay u fools. He compliments freddy well and they have a great working relationship. its a two back league these days. Short of murdering someone I could give a flying f@ckadoodledoo what lynch does off the field stop the hatin.

Oh Yeah! What if the SOB stole $20.00 bucks off your mama and then ran over your sister DWI. Then sat in the parking lot across from your house with a blunt and a Glock. Then would you care?

Oh Yeah! What if the SOB stole $20.00 bucks off your mama and then ran over your sister DWI. Then sat in the parking lot across from your house with a blunt and a Glock. Then would you care?

i was mad until that last part, that is where our friendship would blossom...

I still think M Lynch for D. McNabb might not be a bad trade............

They would probably want a draft pick too... at least a 3rd rounder. McNabb still put up great numbers w/ pretty much rookie receivers and he's a marquee name.

But, they do have an issue b/c they have three QBs: McNabb, Kolb and Vick. One of them (any maybe two) will go somewhere next year. My guess would be Vick.

I really don't think we can get anything higher than a 3rd rounder for Lynch, but there will be a couple teams looking:

1) San Diego: LT is going to be out, and Sproles is not an every down back. If LT does hit the market, he still sniffs the endzone like no other, and would be a great edition to the Bills/Jackson. He had 12 TDs this year with limited playing time (he missed several games and was pulled when they were ahead in the 3rd quarter). He's be like a Marcus Allen player for us. Plus, his leadership skills are second to none.

2) St. Louis: They cannot let Steven Jackson get pounded like he does every game. Lynch would be a perfect second option for them, considering the league is moving towards that direction.

3) Detroit: I don't think they have that much faith in Kevin Smith after this year. Lynch would be a terror given that all of the home games would be domed.

4) NE: They're always looking and say what you will put Malroney is too hot/cold for the NE brass, and Sammy Morris/Faulk are too old.

5) Philly: Westbrook may not be back and McCoy has some fundamental issues. Lynch would the hard-nosed RB they've been lacking for years. They need to run the ball better, and if they do, DeSean/Maclin/Avant/Celek will be one of the best tandems in the league for many years.

There are a few more, but I think these are real possibilities.

Teams rarely trade for RB's. Especially one that seems to get in trouble. Teams will just draft one if needed.