The statrting Quarterback for the Buffalo Bills In 2010 will be????...

Cru Jones

2010 Starting QB  

202 members have voted

1. 1. who starts opening day next season???

• Fitzpatrick
    • Brohm
    • A rookie
    • Chroise (I can dream cant I?)
    • Volek
    • Someone else

I'd take Kolb over any of those guys (as long as it doesn't cost a 1st rounder - though perhaps a flip flop of first rounds) He could be a long term solution and he's already put in time in the NFL being groomed. The Rob Johnson comparison's will inevitably come up but I don't buy them. Just because one guy failed has no bearing on another QB 10 years later. Kolb was highly thought of coming out of Houston (hell, he was a high second round pick) and was to be groomed from the very start to replace McNabb. He's durable, accurate, and a pocket passer (no scrambling around taking sacks...at least from what I saw) In the two games he played he made quick decisions and let the ball fly. I'm all for flipping the sides here and having another team groom our future players instead of us always doing it for other teams...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i honestly think the brohm could be our guy next year... theres not really anyone else out there that seems to have the want to play in buffalo, other than Fitz, but he knows he isn't a starter and seems like a good guy to have around as backup and mentor to a young guy

go back and look at film of Brohm in college...the skills are evident! much better than any current college option.

he didn't fit the GB system - or environment, situation - whatever. I'm not too worried about it.

He will be great for us - watch it happen.

Of course, he needs a line but so does Mannings, Brady, etc. Yeah I know about Rodgers and the sacks in GB, but recall Kelly had no mobility and he was somewhat successful for us.

Brohm has the same skill set.

Dude, it's David Hasselhoff.

I think he might be referring to Matt Hasselbeck. He might be avialable with the new coach in Seattle. We could do a lot worse.

We want the ball and we're gonna score !!

I also agree that with a good line and an empahasis on the run ala NY jets and Fitz could be OK. And he can play in the snow.

go back and look at film of Brohm in college...the skills are evident! much better than any current college option.

he didn't fit the GB system - or environment, situation - whatever. I'm not too worried about it.

He will be great for us - watch it happen.

Of course, he needs a line but so does Mannings, Brady, etc. Yeah I know about Rodgers and the sacks in GB, but recall Kelly had no mobility and he was somewhat successful for us.

Brohm has the same skill set.

The he didn't fit the GB system is the lamest excuse I've ever heard for a QB. When Brohm, a 2nd round pick the prior season didn't make the Packers' opening day roster, not 1 NFL team-all of them had looked at film & in person games of his in college, took a flyer on him for free. Why didn't they think he just didn't fit GB's system & pick him up with such an obvious skill set? None of them, prior to GB waiving him tried to trade for him, otherwise he would have been theirs. Instead, people like you hold out the irrational hope that the Bills 2009 front office is smarter than every other team, including the Polians & Newsomes. Brohm's skill set may have translated to the college game, but it doesn't in the NFL.

I'd say the chances of Brohm being a pre-season cut are a lot better than him being our starter next year.

MICHAEL VICK... and if you dont like it... F**K OFF.... :huh::censored::lol:

consider me F-ed off. getting Vick would be a profoundly stupid move. A cheap cynical gambit to sell tickets without regard to the future of the organization. we need both a teacher and a young guy. the only question is if Brohm is the young guy