zazie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"He is such a bum. He sucks. Glad we got rid of him. He was fat and lazy."

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

OUR TEAM WAS BETTER OFF WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy for big Jason...hopes he does well!

(not yelling or poking fun at you zazie...unless you did this sarcastically...im not sure if your a peters supporter or not?)

"He is such a bum. He sucks. Glad we got rid of him. He was fat and lazy."

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

OUR TEAM WAS BETTER OFF WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy for big Jason...hopes he does well!

(not yelling or poking fun at you zazie...unless you did this sarcastically...im not sure if your a peters supporter or not?)

I liked him when he was here and I do not blame him for what he did to get the paycheck, that he rightly deserved

Did not see the Eagles play all year so I was going by this boards comments that he sucked; well he sucked his way right back to another pro bowl.

By the way, WTF moving the probowl to Miami and before the SB??? What if a player gets hurt? Really teh SB teams, who you have to assume have some pro bown guys, would be crazy to let them play.

And why take it out oif Hawaii anyway it was such a natural there.

Maybe the team would have been better off drafting Ryan Clady in 2008 instead of Painted Lawn McKelvin?

:flirt:

Sadly, thats the only thing I remember ab0out McKelvin this year, the lawn and the muff that caused it.

Another db bomb taken high in the in the first round.

We have a first round all-UFL team back there with Donte and Painted Lawn.

Pro Bowl invites are usually based on rep, not play. While it is indisputable that our line is better with a player of his talents on it, I watched him get tooled over and over again by fellow Pro Bowler Demarcus Ware this week, while Peters got so jittery he committed two false starts and a frustration personal foul costing his team in several situations reminiscent of stupid mistakes our line committed all year. He also gave up I believe two sacks and almost another that McNabb threw without realizing how close Ware was to him. Ware is one of the best, but Peters should be too. I just don't think the man was worth the price he was asking for and the way he handled it was without class. While losing him cost us in the short term I hope in the long term it was the right move.

Pro Bowl invites are usually based on rep, not play. While it is indisputable that our line is better with a player of his talents on it, I watched him get tooled over and over again by fellow Pro Bowler Demarcus Ware this week, while Peters got so jittery he committed two false starts and a frustration personal foul costing his team in several situations reminiscent of stupid mistakes our line committed all year. Ware is one of the best, but Peters should be too. I just don't think the man was worth the price he was asking for and the way he handled it was without class. While losing him cost us in the short term I hope in the long term it was the right move.

Yeah we got that last year too.

Rep can't carry a guy for multiple seasons there must be something there that the players see.

He did not handle his situation without class at all. He hired a top agent, and did what the agent told him to do, and it worked.

Anyway, like the Bills, he at this point waitsd for next year. Doubt he will play in the pro bowl he will probably blame some phantom injury and get too lazy again to suit up.

Yeah we got that last year too.

Rep can't carry a guy for multiple seasons there must be something there that the players see.

Rep can and does frequently carry players not only for years in the league but for years after the league as well. Perception IS reality.

Just noticed he is back in as a starter.

He did not do well the last 2 weeks but he must have done something right he keeps getting the nod.

I'm new to this board, but when the Bills traded Peters, I was pissed. Pro Bowl left tackles don't "fall off trees", no matter how egotistical and "over-rated" die hard Bills fans might think he is.

Considering the Bills were starting "bartenders" (as Ralph Wilson used to call third stringers in the old AFL days) at left tackle after the weekly starter would go in IR a game into his career, it seems it would have been money well spent to pay Peters what his asking price was to lock him up for 5 more years in Buffalo.

I live in Philly and I will tell you this about Jason Peters. Jason peters has continued on with his me first/worry about strong LT statistics first vs the betterment of the team. The top three Defensive Ends/Pass rushers he was to face this year (in no particular stack ranked order) were: Shawn Merriman - San Diego, Rich Seymour - Oakland and Demarcus Ware, Dellas Cowboys.

He is a summary of each of meeting:

Shawn Merriman - Peters inactive. Merriman destroys that side of the O-Line and San Diego wins big.

Rich Seymour - Peters has to get carted off the field in the first half. Seymour goes on to destroy that side of the O-Line as well. In the fourth Quarter, the camera is on Andy Reid. STANDING Right behind him is #71. So tell me, how does an ALL PRO that is carted off the field with what looks to be a serious knee injury ends up, and is allowed to, standing on the sideline to watch the game? Oakland upsets Philly and costs Philly the division title.

DeMarcus Ware - all three games, Ware won the battle by a significant margin. I am actually surprised by how handily Ware owned Peters.

So I am not here to say that our LT's played better than Peters this year. I am here to say that Peters has continued on with his lazy/me first/I play when I want to play attitude. His demeanor will not stay swept under the rug for long. I think the reason he is not getting torched by the local media is because Andy Reid pushed hard for the trade, wanted to sign Peters to the huge contract, and yes, Andy Reid has a great relationship with the media.

Just noticed he is back in as a starter.

He did not do well the last 2 weeks but he must have done something right he keeps getting the nod.

Philadelphia is one and done. So much for Peters helping them. He is overated and overpaid.

I think Peters is a good offensive tackle. He's certainly better than any OT on the Bills roster. That said, I do not believe he's an elite LT worthy of any sort of huge megabuck deal. Like someone else mentioned, imagine if the Bills had drafted Ryan Clady instead of Leodis McKelvin. Clady, in my opinion, was the best LT in the AFC last season (even better than Michael Roos was), and the Broncos were quick to snap the guy up after the Bills passed on 'em. Ah well, coulda shoulda woulda...

I'm new to this board, but when the Bills traded Peters, I was pissed. Pro Bowl left tackles don't "fall off trees", no matter how egotistical and "over-rated" die hard Bills fans might think he is.

Considering the Bills were starting "bartenders" (as Ralph Wilson used to call third stringers in the old AFL days) at left tackle after the weekly starter would go in IR a game into his career, it seems it would have been money well spent to pay Peters what his asking price was to lock him up for 5 more years in Buffalo.

Are you aware that the Bills did just what you are suggesting? They signed him to a contract extension at a hefty raise. But a year later he listened to that scumbag agent and held out. I rarely defend the Bills brass, but they signed the guy after he was undrafted and switched him from being a tight end to an offensive tackle. He blossomed in the position and they gave him an appropriate raise. A number of other agents even commented at the time that the holdout was out-of-line for his situation. It's easy to say "pay the man," but the circumstances were such that the organization would have set a bad precedent that would encourage other players to do the same thing. It would have been different if Peters didn't agree to the extension and raise in pay, but he did, and had three years to go on the new contract. After being named to the Pro Bowl, it went to his head and he wanted a top payday immediately instead of a couple years down the road.

I'm glad he's gone. The Bills were absolutely right not to pay him anywhere near top LT money, given his attitude, and I'd even go so far as to say that the groin tear robbed him of some of his agility because he's regressed as a pass blocker, coming up WAY short against the Cowboys yesterday. Philly will tear him a new one over the course of the next season and he'll pout and demand a new contract again. Wait and see.

By the way, WTF moving the probowl to Miami and before the SB??? What if a player gets hurt? Really teh SB teams, who you have to assume have some pro bown guys, would be crazy to let them play.

And why take it out oif Hawaii anyway it was such a natural there.

Players from the teams in the Super Bowl won't be playing.

Pro Bowl invites are usually based on rep, not play. While it is indisputable that our line is better with a player of his talents on it, I watched him get tooled over and over again by fellow Pro Bowler Demarcus Ware this week, while Peters got so jittery he committed two false starts and a frustration personal foul costing his team in several situations reminiscent of stupid mistakes our line committed all year. He also gave up I believe two sacks and almost another that McNabb threw without realizing how close Ware was to him. Ware is one of the best, but Peters should be too. I just don't think the man was worth the price he was asking for and the way he handled it was without class. While losing him cost us in the short term I hope in the long term it was the right move.

Perfectly said, what people fail to recognize is Peter's had one year left on his contract and did not want to be here, the bills did exactly the right thing! Peters in my opinion did not deserve the pro bowl his last year in buffalo, what makes you think he deserved it this year in buffalo? The voting is a total popularity contest a guy named Rueben Brown in my opinion made about five he shouldn't have but thats my opinion.

#1 - the bills (levy) did the WRONG thing by bringing in and paying Walker & Dockery considerably more money than peters , when Peters clearly was the better player and then confounded the situation by not taking care of Peters by re-doing his deal to at least equal that or better of those other two overpaid slugs.

#2- the bills did the RIGHT thing by shipping his azz out of here for essentailly Woods & Nelson, because he became a cancer on this team, which i blame both he and the bills, but mostly the bills.

#3- the bills did the WRONG thing by not using their first 1st round pick in securing Peters replacement by drafting Michael Oher instead of Maybin, thereby exposing themselves to continued ridicule over moving Peters.

Perfectly said, what people fail to recognize is Peter's had one year left on his contract and did not want to be here, the bills did exactly the right thing! Peters in my opinion did not deserve the pro bowl his last year in buffalo, what makes you think he deserved it this year in buffalo? The voting is a total popularity contest a guy named Rueben Brown in my opinion made about five he shouldn't have but thats my opinion.

Ruben not only deserved to go all those years in Buffalo he should have gone the first year he was in Chacago too.