Schottenheimer's OFFICIAL THREAD

papazoid

Over the years I have found that Larry Felser has been right more than wrong. If he believes it is Schotty, I believe it is probably a done deal. A few years ago Larry implied Wilson was going to fire Wade Phillips when no one else thought he would. Unfortunately Larry was dead on. By the way I can’t stand Sully, won’t read him, won’t listen to him, he is just a bag of hot air, absolutely has no redeeming qualities as a journalist. It is too bad the News as lowered them selves to that level!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HERE IS THE LATEST INFO:

it comes from the guy who is putting up the Cowher billboard, and if he is to be believed, it's not good if your in the Cowher crowd.

essentially he is stating that he has talked to Schefter himself.....and that Schefter is staking his own reputation on the fact that BILL COWHER IS NOT COMING :

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/

Over the years I have found that Larry Felser has been right more than wrong. If he believes it is Schotty, I believe it is probably a done deal. A few years ago Larry implied Wilson was going to fire Wade Phillips when no one else thought he would. Unfortunately Larry was dead on. By the way I can’t stand Sully, won’t read him, won’t listen to him, he is just a bag of hot air, absolutely has no redeeming qualities as a journalist. It is too bad the News as lowered them selves to that level!

I wonder how you really feel about Sully :flirt:

HERE IS THE LATEST INFO:

it comes from the guy who is putting up the Cowher billboard, and if he is to be believed, it's not good if your in the Cowher crowd.

essentially he is stating that he has talked to Schefter himself.....and that Schefter is staking his own reputation on the fact that BILL COWHER IS NOT COMING :

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/

As soon as RW came out and admitted that the Bills had contacted Cowher I knew he was not coming here. It was a smokescreen to let everyone know that they tried " to do whatever it takes" .

Its time to move on, if Cowher wanted to be here he would have accepted and starting to build the staff as well as reviewing film on players. I really like the Marty Idea since Marty has proven he can build teams and if son Brian comes along could build foundation for the future. Larry and Ralph are about the same age(kidding) but Larry has been covering the Bills forever so I respect that input.

Brian may not give Bills a chance

Jets BlogBy MARK CANNIZZARO NY POST

Last Updated: 6:59 AM, January 13, 2010

Posted: 2:19 AM, January 13, 2010

It was unclear as of yesterday if Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer was going to interview with the Bills this week for their vacant head coaching position.

According to two NFL sources, there's some question if Schottenheimer will interview with the Bills at all, despite the fact that Buffalo has asked the Jets for permission to speak to him.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he says, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' " to the Bills, one source told The Post yesterday.

Schottenheimer, who has interviewed with the Dolphins, Ravens and Jets for head-coaching jobs, said last week he was happier than he's ever been at a job working under Rex Ryan. He was unavailable for comment yesterday but is scheduled to speak today.

The Bills are allowed, by NFL rule, to speak to Schottenheimer this week, but if they don't they likely would have to wait until after the Jets' season.

One player hoping Schottenheimer stays is Mark Sanchez, calling him "instrumental" in his development.

"He's taught me so much about playing in this league," Sanchez said. "I think these last couple of weeks we've really started to grow together and this offense has really started working, so we've found a little bit of a formula. It's been a great relationship all year.

"It's difficult to think about [schottenheimer leaving], but I try not to. You kind of block it out and keep playing and we'll cross that bridge when we need to."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/brian_...7GAkJinNeisDXZP

Brian may not give Bills a chance

"I wouldn't be surprised if he says, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' " to the Bills, one source told The Post yesterday.

One player hoping Schottenheimer stays is Mark Sanchez, calling him "instrumental" in his development.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/brian_...7GAkJinNeisDXZP

"I wouldn't be surprised" = I really don't know for sure and am speculating cos I sure as hell am hoping he stays.

I like the QB development aspect - been a while here in Buffalo.

Clayton on WGR w/ Schopp and Bulldog said Wilson doesn't want Marty in Buffalo. There you go, Smithers at his meddling best.

If true, that really sucks! If we could have had Marty and Brian I would have felt good about this team. I would love to know what Ralph's hang up with Marty is. Ralph is the problem.

Clayton on WGR w/ Schopp and Bulldog said Wilson doesn't want Marty in Buffalo. There you go, Smithers at his meddling best.

i heard that piece........everyone of his comments started with......

" maybe......

" i'm thinking that.....

" possibly........

they all ended with: .........that's what i'm hearing" (from schefter's cubicle).

guy was struggling and guessing at every answer.