Leslie Frazer "blew away" Nix in interview.

The Vikes aren't small on defense.

True, but Frazier does not make personel decisions in Minnesota, he works with what he is given. The tampa scheme is designed around really fast and athletic defensive players. That typically requies smaller players. As HC do you think he will break from that philosophy? The bend but don't break quick defense. It is not a risk that I want to take after 10 years of mediocrity.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but Frazier does not make personel decisions in Minnesota, he works with what he is given. The tampa scheme is designed around really fast and athletic defensive players. That typically requies smaller players. As HC do you think he will break from that philosophy? The bend but don't break quick defense. It is not a risk that I want to take after 10 years of mediocrity.

What happened to the attention span of people? The Vikings DO run the Tampa scheme, they just do it with bigger players. Hence the proof that it can be done. We do details all seem to need to be repeated around here these days?

NO. Just flat out NO. If Frazier is hired, I am retiring just like Schoebel. I will not give the Bills another dime. WTF happened to a big name coach? WTF is the difference between Russ Brandon/Dick Jauron and Buddy Nix/Leslie Frazier??????? They all suck. PATHETIC. Funny how Seattle fired Mora in the morning and by the time it was dark in Seattle they had Pete Carroll. Sick of this garbage.

Jesus Christ, people are !@#$ing retards. There is only one proven head coach out there, and his name is Bill Cowher. If we don't get him, the only people left to interview are coordinators. You want Brian Billick? The guy was a failure as a coach, and hindered the Ravens more than he helped them.

You idiots act as if there are dozens of HCs who have won in the NFL just sitting there, while the Bills interview coordinators.

Guess what? The mouth-breathers aren't going to be happy with anyone we pick, because he's not "proven", and hasn't been the top coordinator of the top offense/defense for 10 years.

Redskins had no problem getting a proven head coach. It worked out pretty well for them. Gruden is available. Cowher is available. Yes, give me Billick. Failure? He won a !@#$ing super bowl and has playoff experience - i'll take that failure any day. ****, I'd take Pete Carroll at this point who has more football knowledge in his toenail than most of the candidates we'll interview.

NO. Just flat out NO. If Frazier is hired, I am retiring just like Schoebel. I will not give the Bills another dime. WTF happened to a big name coach? WTF is the difference between Russ Brandon/Dick Jauron and Buddy Nix/Leslie Frazier??????? They all suck. PATHETIC. Funny how Seattle fired Mora in the morning and by the time it was dark in Seattle they had Pete Carroll. Sick of this garbage.

Yeah man!!! Let's hire one of those big name coaches out there, because there are a lot of them unemployed... right?

This is a !@#$ing joke. Apparently Ralph is finally willing to spend serious money on a coach and we have Frazier "blowing" Nix away in an interview. I think that's just code for, "we can't get any of the top tier coaches available to come here, so we'll just say this nobody 'blew us away.' !@#$ing bull ****.

I would rather have Fewell at this point. This better not happen.

My thoughts exactly! We always have to settle for some stumble bum for a HC. I hoped for a proven coach but it looks like were going to get some pile of pig sh%$ that no other NFL TEAM WOULD HIRE AS A HC. IN A MILLION YEARS. Ah! life as a Bills fan. I must be into self torture. :wallbash::wallbash::lol:

Redskins had no problem getting a proven head coach. It worked out pretty well for them. Gruden is available. Cowher is available. Yes, give me Billick. Failure? He won a !@#$ing super bowl and has playoff experience - i'll take that failure any day. ****, I'd take Pete Carroll at this point who has more football knowledge in his toenail than most of the candidates we'll interview.

The last big name, Super Bowl champion the Redskins hired was a total bust. It's not a magic trick. And the Bills did pursue Gruden and Shanahan, and Cowher. We can't kidnap them and force them to coach.

If you have a crystal ball why are you wasting your time finding out how good the Redskins are going to do next year instead of just telling us who the next coach will be?

The Redskins got a proven coach because they paid a lot of money, gave him full control, and will spend right up to the cap every year. Gruden is NOT available, and has said that he WILL NOT coach in 2010. Cowher is available, but it sounds like Cowher doesn't want to coach here. Billick was a so-called "offensive guru" when he became the Ravens HC, but guess what? Their offense was worse than ours for many of the years he was there. Billick had nothing to do with the Ravens defense, which was what won them that superbowl.

Aside from both being black DCs, please explain how theres no difference between Frasier and Fewell.

Another big difference is that there is little Fewell can do to be an HC move which essentially cuts ties with the failed Jauron reign of error and sets the Bills off on a new Buddy Nix era.

I like Fewell as a person from what we outsiders can see, but the simple fact is a lot of his work in the interim role was changing the context and mindset of the team and the fans from the Jauron failure.

Fewell may be a good HC but unfortunately the 3-4 results were just not a significant enough result change from the 3-6 Jauron start. Doing better with the same players plus all the injuries may in the end have been impossible, but getting blown out by AT despite winning the gimme against Indy big was not enough of an improvement to make this fan comfortable without completely cutting ties with the past.

This cut can be made real with us abandoning the failed Tampa 2 scheme we used (though even this may be tough because the team was built around picking players who were athletic enough (read small enough also) to play the Tampa 2 style rather than smashmouth.

The change of the D scheme may end up being slower than I like, but this merely raises the utility in us going in a totally different direction in terms of leadership.

I know that this wouldn't be the most exiting pick but lets hold off on judgement for a second.

1. No one has been hired yet.

2. In terms of football opinons, alot of information can be shared during an interview. Nix and Frazier might have similar views on how to build a team. Nix has been around football long enough to recognize football IQ and leadership. I believe he will make a sound football choice.

3. We as fans know very little about Frazier. In fact most of us only know his name isn't Cowher, Shannahan, or Billick. We should be hoping for the right guy, not the right name.

4. IMO, the coordinators who the Bills bring in are as important has the HC. Frazier might have some bright minds in his circle of friends. Who knows?

Hey!!!! How dare you try and inject some common sense into the "We need Cowher and no one else will do" discussions!!! Wait until something is actually DONE before complaining about it? That's crazy talk!!!! :wallbash:

The last big name, Super Bowl champion the Redskins hired was a total bust. It's not a magic trick. And the Bills did pursue Gruden and Shanahan, and Cowher. We can't kidnap them and force them to coach.

maybe we should resort to kidnapping. Honestly, Im just tired of the excuses. :wallbash:

DITTO!!!! I feel the exact same way.

What happened to the attention span of people? The Vikings DO run the Tampa scheme, they just do it with bigger players. Hence the proof that it can be done. We do details all seem to need to be repeated around here these days?

Dude, I know Minnesota runs the Tampa 2 defense with bigger players. I was just saying Frazier does not pick the bigger players in the scheme the head coach and GM do. Frazier may prefer smaller players when he makes personel decisions as the head coach. Also, how many of these really big defensive players wil want to come and play for buffalo, who are on their 5th head coach in 10 years and still have not brought any legitimacy to the organization....that is if Frazier is hired. Got it?

The Redskins got a proven coach because they paid a lot of money, gave him full control, and will spend right up to the cap every year. Gruden is NOT available, and has said that he WILL NOT coach in 2010. Cowher is available, but it sounds like Cowher doesn't want to coach here. Billick was a so-called "offensive guru" when he became the Ravens HC, but guess what? Their offense was worse than ours for many of the years he was there. Billick had nothing to do with the Ravens defense, which was what won them that superbowl.

to say that the defense carried the ravens to that super bowl is ovbiously an understatement...but don't simply discredit Billick. Fact is, he was the head coach of a champion. I want that.

Dude, I know Minnesota runs the Tampa 2 defense with bigger players. I was just saying Frazier does not pick the bigger players in the scheme the head coach and GM do. Frazier may prefer smaller players when he makes personel decisions as the head coach. Also, how many of these really big defensive players wil want to come and play for buffalo, who are on their 5th head coach in 10 years and still have not brought any legitimacy to the organization....that is if Frazier is hired. Got it?

So, basically, you are basing your opinion of the HC upon speculation that he MAY prefer smaller players, even though that is contrary to the current personnel he is coaching?

to say that the defense carried the ravens to that super bowl is ovbiously an understatement...but don't simply discredit Billick. Fact is, he was the head coach of a champion. I want that.

Dick Jauron could have gotten that team to the super bowl.

DID he get blown away because Cowher is taking too long or worst yet might go in different direction. Only way someone can get blown away in my book is if they have the Top offensive & defensive assistants in their pocket...........Bills nation isnt stupid . We had a chance at Marvin Lewis who let his defense blow us away in the Super Bowl with a lame QB . We instead pick a Greg Williams who blew the GM away in an interview . Thanks Frasier but no thanks

Yeah, what a great head coach Marvin Lewis has been.

His teams have always underachieved.

So, basically, you are basing your opinion of the HC upon speculation that he MAY prefer smaller players, even though that is contrary to the current personnel he is coaching?

Don't forget that "really big defensive players" won't come to Buffalo because we will be on our 5th head coach in 10 years. :wallbash: