Mort says Pete Carroll to Seahawks

FluffHead

absolutely...if he leaves it means that there's a ton of **** at USC that's going to come out in teh very near future

I guarantee that there is a lot of wacky things going on at USC. OJ Mayo may be the dumbest person this side of Marcus Camby to ever go to college, and yet he made it through relatively unscathed.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, well there are 4 different thread opened up on this same exact topic... so much easier to just post in one thats already opened.. Common sense smart ass

Not really dumb ass. Maybe you can be the TBD policeman to make sure to organize all topics. Otherwise, if I see a thread mentioning Pete Carroll's name, I know to talk about Pete Carroll and the Seahawks instead of seeing various threads mentioning the Seahawks and Leslie Fraizer or Seattle firing Jim Mora to say I think this is where Pete Carroll should be discussed.

Let the other threads die now. Here, we'll talk about Pete Carroll and the Seahawks. Common sense.

Why would that make him a moron? Some people like challenges. I'm sure he would be compensated very well. Also , it probably bothers him how he is viewed as a failure in the NFL. He probably wants to show the world that he can win at the pro level .

So you would leave Southern California where it's warm and beautiful for Seattle where it rains 50% or is at the very least outcast most of the time? Would you leave a profession where you were at the top amongst your colleges for one where you were bottom? How about trading being the big man on campus for be heavily scrutinized every week? I doubt money is really an issue for Carroll though I may be wrong, so what reason would YOU make the switch? Would it be for for the challenge? I love a good challenge especially professionally but the negatives far outweigh the positives from where I sit. If Carroll sees it differently then yes, to me he is a moron.

Not really dumb ass. Maybe you can be the TBD policeman to make sure to organize all topics. Otherwise, if I see a thread mentioning Pete Carroll's name, I know to talk about Pete Carroll and the Seahawks instead of seeing various threads mentioning the Seahawks and Leslie Fraizer or Seattle firing Jim Mora to say I think this is where Pete Carroll should be discussed.

Let the other threads die now. Here, we'll talk about Pete Carroll and the Seahawks. Common sense.

This makes sense to me. It's news and I would not have known it if not for this thread. I have no idea what other thread the hero put this on originally, but this is big enough to have it's own thread.

Look, stuff is flying around at a rapid rate about news that's very important to us. Now, I agree with those who give crap to somebody who posts something that is a few days old news. But, this stuff is just anal when you are complaining about a thread like this.

So you would leave Southern California where it's warm and beautiful for Seattle where it rains 50% or is at the very least outcast most of the time? Would you leave a profession where you were at the top amongst your colleges for one where you were bottom? How about trading being the big man on campus for be heavily scrutinized every week? I doubt money is really an issue for Carroll though I may be wrong, so what reason would YOU make the switch? Would it be for for the challenge? I love a good challenge especially professionally but the negatives far outweigh the positives from where I sit. If Carroll sees it differently then yes, to me he is a moron.

I do not understand why people seem to think that coaches won't go to a place based on area weather or logistics. Coaches don't exactly spend 52-week years in the places they coach.

Link

Carroll did not return messages, but a league source said Carroll is interested in the job and is trying to persuade USC offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates to join him in Seattle -- as opposed to Bates pursuing the same position with the Chicago Bears.

Said another source close to Carroll: "You're about to see a big headline that shakes up the major college football world," in reference to the Seahawks' development. The Seahawks did not confirm Carroll as a leading candidate but also did not deny it.

AGREE :thumbsup:

His name doesn't need to be stated in the topic title... Theres 4 other threads open that discuss the Seattle Head Coach topic duh

Really? In your opinion, this doesn't qualify as enough of a bombshell to deserve its own thread?

Obviously, the moderating staff disagrees.

His name doesn't need to be stated in the topic title... Theres 4 other threads open that discuss the Seattle Head Coach topic duh

You have 193 posts to your name, and it appears that the last 93 or so are about how you should get credit for breaking this story in some thread.