Bands worse than Nickelback?

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nickelback is the worst band of the last decade. Creed was the worst band of the 1990's. Now if you want to go even farther back you have to look at Air Supply, Nelson, Dam Yankees, Warrant, the Spin Doctors, and REO Speed Wagon. Also the worst musician ever is Kenny G by far.

I can get with everything you said until the end there. He may look as straight as a square, but he sure as hell isn't even close to being a bad musician. The guy is a really good sax player, and I don't really see how that's disputable at all. There's a difference between looking queer and sucking, i.e. Hansen, and looking queer and being a good musician, i.e. Kenny G. They don't go hand-in-hand.

it was sometime in the mid-90s, and a friend and i hit this dingy rock bar on vancouver's south side on a friday night, and it just so happened that fickleback ... oops, pennyback, .... damn, something wrong with this keyboard ... crapback ... was playing. they were big on the vancouver club scene back then, and we didn't know anything about them.

it wasn't so much going to see them, but just to go out and have a bunch of beers.

well, as the night drew to a close, and the last song had been played, or so we thought, the lead singer gets to the microphone and begs the people in the place to clap for an encore.

to which someone at our table got up and yelled: "get off the stage, you guys suck."

at which point they did, in fact, leave the stage.

well, they showed us by eventually making it big. and yet, they still suck.

it was an immemorable night, if not for how it ended.

jw

Nickelback is the worst band of the last decade. Creed was the worst band of the 1990's. Now if you want to go even farther back you have to look at Air Supply, Nelson, Dam Yankees, Warrant, the Spin Doctors, and REO Speed Wagon. Also the worst musician ever is Kenny G by far.

Great, you made me think of bread with the air supply reference. Who would name a band Bread?

And don't mess with Ted :unsure:

yeah, perhaps my post wasn't clear as i left out a very important couple of words...my post should have read '....Nickleback stole from Creed and Creed is the worst band in the world....'.....That would have made my big word more appropriate as to my intended usage

Hey, sorry to play Miss Grundy here, but do you know what "penultimate" really means?

It doesn't mean the latest and greatest.

It means "second to last". How the hell somebody came up with a word for second last I'll never know. It is a pretty hard word to use correctly.

Sorry for the correction, Pooj, but now you can whip this "penultimate" gag on people at work.

wow does everybody feel superior now that they've put this band down? I don't love this band but i like a few songs, however, i can't stand when the "Mike Schopp" types start putting down things because it makes them feel smarter than everybody else.

wow does everybody feel superior now that they've put this band down? I don't love this band but i like a few songs, however, i can't stand when the "Mike Schopp" types start putting down things because it makes them feel smarter than everybody else.

feel superior? superior over what?

the band sucks, their songs suck, the music sucks, the lyrics suck even worse. its record label generated, pay-for-play radio garbage. no one feels smarter for ripping Nickelback. actually, im fairly certain we're all dumber for having listened to their music.

and we're hardly the only ones that feel this way:

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1792877

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ

I'm with you on Nickleback - always categorized them as "Butt Rock"......

I'd also nominate No Doubt - another band I think has almost no talent but certainly fits the record company formula. Have you ever listened to "Hey Baby"? Are those not the worst lyrics ever? If Gwen wasn't hot that band wouldn't be anywhere at all....

I think that's being a bit harsh on Damn Yankees, personally. Now, Jackyl, or Ratt, or White Lion... :lol:

ugh... completely unlistenable... all of the above.

I'd also nominate No Doubt - another band I think has almost no talent but certainly fits the record company formula. Have you ever listened to "Hey Baby"? Are those not the worst lyrics ever? If Gwen wasn't hot that band wouldn't be anywhere at all....

Agree 100% Gwen is about all they have going for them and the three guys have to know that.

I would like to submit for your consideration, the work of "The Blackeyed Peas" Almost the exact same as No Doubt, just swap Gwen for Fergie. Horrible music... :w00t:

I don't know why it matters. There are more avenues than ever to hear music, you can pretty much take any computer with Internet access and listen to exactly the bands and songs that you want to hear. It takes all kinds of people and bands and art and clothing and hair colors and on and on...Variety makes the world a great place!!

I hate Nickelback but I don't think any band could possibly or should possibly qualify as the worst. Just because somebody doesn't like my tunes and I don't like theirs doesn't mean that either of us are right or wrong. Those who enjoy Nickelback and buy their albums are certainly entitled to do so. That person won't hear Nickelback in my car if I'm driving, but if I'm riding with them, who am I to tell them what they should like to listen to?

Plastic Ono Band is godawful noise.

I don't know why it matters. There are more avenues than ever to hear music, you can pretty much take any computer with Internet access and listen to exactly the bands and songs that you want to hear. It takes all kinds of people and bands and art and clothing and hair colors and on and on...Variety makes the world a great place!!

I hate Nickelback but I don't think any band could possibly or should possibly qualify as the worst. Just because somebody doesn't like my tunes and I don't like theirs doesn't mean that either of us are right or wrong. Those who enjoy Nickelback and buy their albums are certainly entitled to do so. They won't hear it in my car, but if I'm riding with them, who am I to tell them what they should like to listen to?

Plastic Ono Band is godawful noise.

i, for the most part, agree with that. Music and musical taste is all personal preference. and to each their own. again, i just thought the link i put in my OP was pretty funny.

but if there was a real way to rank them, id make a good argument for NB/Creed if given the chance :w00t:

feel superior? superior over what?

the band sucks, their songs suck, the music sucks, the lyrics suck even worse. its record label generated, pay-for-play radio garbage. no one feels smarter for ripping Nickelback. actually, im fairly certain we're all dumber for having listened to their music.

and we're hardly the only ones that feel this way:

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1792877

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ

And that proves what, exactly?

I vote the Beatles as the worst band ever. Why? Because there's a website that backs me up. :w00t:

http://www.areddy.net/beatles_suck/

The Monkees were "pay-for-play radio garbage" as well - and they even had a TV show from it! Do they suck too? Are they better than Nickelback?