Ask Tim Graham: Part III

TimGraham

The difference between what I face in my job and what I do here is that I don't get paid to come here. ESPN pays me to deal with the comments I receive at the bottom of my blogs and in my mailbag and wherever else.

When I come here it's because I enjoy it. When I stop enjoying it, then I will find something else to do.

If your wife nags you at home and you decide to go out with the boys to have some fun, do you feel compelled to walk up to a table full of women and ask them to yell at you because, after all, that is what's waiting for you at home?

I haven't pulled the plug on the thread. I intend to be around. But I'm not going to stop by every day because I need TBD to maintain my health insurance and retirement plan.

I don't expect to be treated special, but when I feel like dropping by, I'll drop by.

To all of the people who have offered their support and understanding, I appreciate your sentiments. You're the reason I got motivated to become involved with the site to begin with. When the Super Bowl is over and things settle down, I'm sure I'll be around more frequently.

Cool, thanks for being willing to keep stopping by.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between what I face in my job and what I do here is that I don't get paid to come here. ESPN pays me to deal with the comments I receive at the bottom of my blogs and in my mailbag and wherever else.

When I come here it's because I enjoy it. When I stop enjoying it, then I will find something else to do.

If your wife nags you at home and you decide to go out with the boys to have some fun, do you feel compelled to walk up to a table full of women and ask them to yell at you because, after all, that is what's waiting for you at home?

I haven't pulled the plug on the thread. I intend to be around. But I'm not going to stop by every day because I need TBD to maintain my health insurance and retirement plan.

I don't expect to be treated special, but when I feel like dropping by, I'll drop by.

To all of the people who have offered their support and understanding, I appreciate your sentiments. You're the reason I got motivated to become involved with the site to begin with. When the Super Bowl is over and things settle down, I'm sure I'll be around more frequently.

Like everyone else said, I'm glad to see you are back. I sincerely doubted a few noobs would be enough to keep you away.

Tim,

I'm glad to hear you'll be sticking around. I enjoyed your piece on the labor negotiations and the possibility (or probability) of a lockout in 2011. Do you have any idea what this means for next year's draft?

I would guess that the high number of juniors who came out for this year's draft is related in two ways:

1. Trying to get paid before a rookie cap is put in place.

2. Trying to get paid at all before 2012.

If there is a lockout next year, would you still expect the draft to happen in April? It seems like their could be so many questions around rookie pay which could really complicate things. Just wondering if you have any insight (facts or opinions would be appreciated.)

So Tim, I've heard rumor that Alan Williams will probably be promoted to a DC somewhere this off season. If I am correct, only Chicago and the Bills currently have spots. Seeing as neither has really been forthcoming on who the DC is and since if it was a current unemployed coach you would have thought that person would be named. Is it possible Williams is our DC and if so, seems like the 4-3 will be staying? If so is that why the Bills have gone forward with other defensive coach hires with his blessing?

Thoughts? Input?

Open your eyes people, the Bills needs a legit #1 WR especially with TO gone. Lee is at best a #3 or #4.

if you are referring to evans as a #3 or #4 then you are a total idiot and should be banned from any football conversation.

put him on the colts and he would be in the prob bowl every year. really what an assinine clueless statement!

if you are referring to evans as a #3 or #4 then you are a total idiot and should be banned from any football conversation.

put him on the colts and he would be in the prob bowl every year. really what an assinine clueless statement!

No he wouldn't. Colts WR have to do crossing routes. Evans avoids contact. Ever watch him catch a pass when a safety is coming? yeah me neither.

That's honestly the most amazing analogy I have ever seen. Only a married man could appreciate that.

So Tim, I've heard rumor that Alan Williams will probably be promoted to a DC somewhere this off season. If I am correct, only Chicago and the Bills currently have spots. Seeing as neither has really been forthcoming on who the DC is and since if it was a current unemployed coach you would have thought that person would be named. Is it possible Williams is our DC and if so, seems like the 4-3 will be staying? If so is that why the Bills have gone forward with other defensive coach hires with his blessing?

Thoughts? Input?

another DB DC? Oh lord please help us

No he wouldn't. Colts WR have to do crossing routes. Evans avoids contact. Ever watch him catch a pass when a safety is coming? yeah me neither.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Evans will be a #2 until he can show that he can consistently make plays in traffic.

Evens as a #3 or #4 WR is a stoopid thing to say though...

Tim-

First off, thanks for doing this. We here at TBD really appreciate the time that you spend here chatting with us. Couple of quick questions.

1. I was always a big fan of Tyler Thigpen and hoped that Buf would have landed him last year, but it was not to be. Do you think there is any chance of the Bills going after him now that CG is our HC?

2. Have you heard any rumblings regarding Shobel's future with the team. If he parts ways and rides off into the sunset, do we go after Peppers (assuming our D switches to a 3-4)?

3. With an uncapped year coming up, any chance that Ralph splurges and goes all out in an attempt to get to the SB?

Thanks again!

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Evans will be a #2 until he can show that he can consistently make plays in traffic.

Evens as a #3 or #4 WR is a stoopid thing to say though...

How many big plays has Evans made the last two years? 5 or 6? How many big drops 4 or 5? We pay $9M for what. His stats say he is a #3 and there is nothing you see on the field that says anything else either. He'd be #3 with the Saints and #4 on with the Colts. By TO leaving he moves to our #1. He is not a leader, he doesn't demand anything from his QB. The best thing you can say about Lee is that he doesn't complain. Neither would I if I were pulling in 9 large without having to play hard.

Hey Tim,

Great to have you on the board, thanks for your time and insight!

What is your impression of Marshawn Lynch as a player and what do you see in regards to his future with the Buffalo Bills?

Thanks!

I love him as a player. But I wouldn't want him anywhere near my locker room.