Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

He also said that he was talking to one of the potential head coaching candidates who's on the lists going around and the guy said he was disappointed in their hiring of Buddy Nix.

The first obvious question is...who was it that said that to King? The other question is...is he going to accept an interview, and possibly the head coaching job, from the Bills?

The show is rebroadcast at 6:30 on ESPN2, for those who wish to see it.

He may be right and he may be wrong. I think it's clear that the Bills and the mainstream media are at odds with one another right now. How and when this all came about? Who knows. It's like we are the team that they all love to hate. I, personally, find it rather entertaining. :D

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing i can say about any of this hear say that King heard from another 3 rd party source is that... if its true ,why have these 3 gentlemen you named come forward like Shanny did and take their names out of the running for the Bills HC vacancy ? Why i ask you ...why ? :D

He also said that he was talking to one of the potential head coaching candidates who's on the lists going around and the guy said he was disappointed in their hiring of Buddy Nix.

The first obvious question is...who was it that said that to King? The other question is...is he going to accept an interview, and possibly the head coaching job, from the Bills?

The show is rebroadcast at 6:30 on ESPN2, for those who wish to see it.

!@#$ em. If they dont like the Nix hire then move on. I would like for King to let the Bills Brass know who said it so we can cross his name off the list

The AP has never reported he's pulled out of the running, and in fact had several mentions to him in today's two stories on Perry and Frazier. by process of elimination, that means he's not out.

jw

Correct, it's been total silence up until now...so the fans have been left to wonder. And in the absence of any word, many have in fact started to assume that Cowher rebuffed the Bills offer. Now we know that he hasn't (yet), if Carucci is credible on this one.

That brings us closer to knowing the current state of play. At least I think so.

The AP has never reported he's pulled out of the running, and in fact had several mentions to him in today's two stories on Perry and Frazier. by process of elimination, that means he's not out.

jw

JW -

Sorry for biting on the post. My comment was about the terrible editing of the article, not about the old news contained within.

By the way, have you heard that the Bills are moving to LA? :D

I've been reading other stories via my blackberry today so I may have missed it, but this is the first story I've read so far that quoted Carucci stating the Bills are MAKING AN ONGOING EFFORT to land Cowher. Getting that part confirmed and updated, was news to ME.

Me too.

People are a little too sensitive around here...

Here is my take. All these names are throwing the Bills out there to get their names circling the wagons and will use the Bills to get more money somewhere else. Bottom line, Cowher won't be wearing a Bills hat next year and either will any other "Big Name Coach". And there just goes Weis. KC OC!! Harbaugh is stuck in Stanford. GO for Fewell quickly or better yet grab Bobby April. He wants a HC job. Also, the longer the Bills wait to get "Our Guy" the rest of the league is securing all their "guys" for OC, DC, or STC. Keep sitting around B-Lo and even Fewell will be laughing when you ask him if he wants it. At that point Russ Bradon will take the job of HC.

Me too.

People are a little too sensitive around here...

It's a little my fault as well. The Frazier story has been circulating all day today, and i think people assumed i was re-posting that story. I should have used a different thread title, no big deal though.

I'm not trying to get under anyone's skin. This report was brand new. When i posted the story here, it has been posted on WGRZ for only 20 minutes.

Slim, this board is great, but some posters can be snobbish beyond belief. In one of life's little ironies, if anything is overplayed on this board, it is the snobs' critical comments about repeated threads, not the repeated threads themselves. I know I spend more time sifting through those critical comments than I do sifting through the repeated threads and links.

Having said that, I feel I've followed this story as close as a fan can, and I hadn't seen Carucci's comments about the Bills still actively pursuing Cowher. For all I knew, they had given up on him, so your post was news to me. And for that, sir, I thank you.

We are more than DOOMED. Nice.

Anyone else get the feeling that the Bills and Cowher are just playing a big game of chicken? Bills trying to show there are other fish in the sea, while Cowher tries to show Tampa "interest"?

Just give him Shanahan's contract, white out Redskins and type in Bills and be done with it.

yeah right...all these guys just have it in for the bills...it is a conspiracy to keep us down and squash our self-esteem. it has nothing to do with our impulsive, lazy-hiring demented 91-year old owner making one mickey mouse decision after another over the past 10 years.

people need to grow up...

Slim, this board is great, but some posters can be snobbish beyond belief. In one of life's little ironies, if anything is overplayed on this board, it is the snobs' critical comments about repeated threads, not the repeated threads themselves. I know I spend more time sifting through those critical comments than I do sifting through the repeated threads and links.

Having said that, I feel I've followed this story as close as a fan can, and I hadn't seen Carucci's comments about the Bills still actively pursuing Cowher. For all I knew, they had given up on him, so your post was news to me. And for that, sir, I thank you.

Thanks. I'm a regular at Billszone. I've lurked here and at BBMB for a while, so I know people can get flamed over nothing. It happens at every message board, this ones pretty good though. If you want to see overly-testy posters go look at BBMB yikes, that place is brutal.