Time to blow up the boards

bkc

I can come up with 20 reasons that are fairly obvious to most of us. Again you will be happy with this hire ?

I'll redily admit that I am BY FAR not the most astute football mind on this site ..... but I can't think of even one obvious reason (other than he wasn't in my top three or four I would have picked).

Would you be so kind as to enlighten me with just ...... oh ..... let's say just the top 10 obvious reasons why he would be a bad hire?

I'll redily admit that I am BY FAR not the most astute football mind on this site ..... but I can't think of even one obvious reason (other than he wasn't in my top three or four I would have picked).

Would you be so kind as to enlighten me with just ...... oh ..... let's say just the top 10 obvious reasons why he would be a bad hire?

in order of importance

1 no head coaching expierence. At this time I think we need to get as close to a sure thing as we can. 10 years is a long dry spell

2 tampa two , lets get big on d

3 I woulnd't mind a top notch d guy but the Vikings are not that unit . 2000 ravens were and it is not like Marvin Lewis has been the next Lombardi .

4 leslie ,really , we want a coach named leslie

5 Brian Billick is still out there

6 The Bills really need a complete offensive overhaul . It seems to me we could just keep perry if this is the route we are going

7 leslie we really want a coach neamed leslie

8 I don't know but I liked trying

The bottom line is we have been hyped on Cowher for a week . This is a huge comedown.

in order of importance

1 no head coaching expierence. At this time I think we need to get as close to a sure thing as we can. 10 years is a long dry spell

3 I woulnd't mind a top notch d guy but the Vikings are not that unit . 2000 ravens were and it is not like Marvin Lewis has been the next Lombardi .

6 The Bills really need a complete offensive overhaul . It seems to me we could just keep perry if this is the route we are going

The bottom line is we have been hyped on Cowher for a week . This is a huge comedown.

First of all, you have been hyped on Cowher. No one in the media nor the Bills FO have hyped up talk about Cowher. It's kinda like everyone getting amped up over Billick, despite the fact that he's repeated said that no one from Buffalo has contacted him.

Secondly, no one is saying they're hiring anyone. They're interviewing Frazier. Can it really hurt to go talk to someone?

According to respected (and resident) sports writer John Wawrow

"Frazier's been a hot commodity for some time now. and the bills have already addressed the Rooney rule when they met with Perry.

he is a good coach, with a solid reputation, who's just missed out on several other jobs over the past few years. am told he might even be the best coordinator candidate out there. ... that remains to be seen, but he's a sure-fire candidate."

I'll take JW's opinion before yours, unless you have some credentials you'd like to let us all know about. If not, please go back to crying about something else...

He's a liberal weenie. :D:worthy:

Besides what makes you think his opinion is any better than anyone else's? ( no offense JW, it could have been peter king they were talking about)

right, only because you missed that day still recovering from the wedgie.

jw

that was a cheap shot and I apologize , that said it interesting that the word wedgie is still in your vocabulary , by the way any new news

I can come up with 20 reasons that are fairly obvious to most of us. Again you will be happy with this hire ?

Then come up with them or be quiet. You sound irrational. You mean to tell us that Harbaugh is MORE qualified to be the Bills HC than Frazier? You already lost credibility. Everyone wanted a HC with previous HC experience and a track record of success. That doesn't appear to be an option unless they bring in Billick. If we go the coordinator route then Frazier is as good a candidate as any other if not more so.

in order of importance

I'm glad you finally listed your reasons.

1. Nix said he prefers HC experience. He did not specify at what level. Frazier was a head man at a small college.

2. It's not the Tampa 2. It's the players running it. The Vikings D utilizes BIG linemen in the middle and Big LB's.

3. The Vikings D is a very good unit. The Ravens 2000 defense was one of the best in history. That doesn't happen

every year or every five years or ten. You cannot say because Marvin Lewis coached a great defense and in your

opinion isn't Lombardi (how many HC's are in that class?) that Frazier won't be good. This is an illogical argument.

4. You wasted time typing that? Are you still in nursery school??

5. I agree he should be interviewed, but that's no bearing on Frazier's qualifications.

6. Who's to say Frazier does not have a great offensive philosophy and connects to coaches who can implement it?

If the Bills were as impressed with him as has been reported he would have had to address these two factors.

7. Yes, if he's the best candidate.

8. True. But Cowher was never a guarantee. Why do you want a coach who doesn't have the balls to take the

job? If Frazier is the best candidate and he WANTS the challenge you can't beat that. And there is nothing that says

Frazier will be the guy. It's only 10 days in.

that was a cheap shot and I apologize , that said it interesting that the word wedgie is still in your vocabulary , by the way any new news

no problem, and apology accepted. wedgie, though, is too good of a word to pass up in any situation.

as for news, i wrote something on another post noting how highly respected Leslie Frazier is in NFL circles. i do think Brian Schottenheimer has a shot, my only question is his age. that said, Nix knows him.

jw

Seems like it is about 95 percent against , If anyone cares and anyone reads these things it is time to let them know. Say no to Frazier

I'm sure that will change. If we hire him I'm sure almost everyone will come around after his introductory press conference.

Then come up with them or be quiet. You sound irrational. You mean to tell us that Harbaugh is MORE qualified to be the Bills HC than Frazier? You already lost credibility. Everyone wanted a HC with previous HC experience and a track record of success. That doesn't appear to be an option unless they bring in Billick. If we go the coordinator route then Frazier is as good a candidate as any other if not more so.

I want an expierenced head coach. I agree that Billick seems to be off the radar for some reason. That said I do not want to continue with the tampa two d. I have no interest in a college coach (harbaugh). As time goes by little shot is looing better and better. Power running game and developing young qb's appeal to me . It is just my opinion