Jim Kelly for H.C anyone ?

Over40club

If people actually listed to what Jimbo has said for YEARS now, he has repeateldy asserted that he is not interested in coaching due to the time requirements. Go look at his latest interview on the Bills media page from when Buddy was hired. He said it there.

He has too much going on with the Hunter's Hope foundation.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have anything of any intelligence to add or shall i just report you're childish behavior now because make no mistake i have raised 6 children and i do not feel the need to raise another one in you over the internet...i will NOT tolerate it ! Now with that being said , in the words of a mod i am near and dear with, attack the post not the poster , i hope i made myself clear ! <_<

Whoo! Two internet tough guys square off in a cage match.

If people actually listed to what Jimbo has said for YEARS now, he has repeateldy asserted that he is not interested in coaching due to the time requirements. Go look at his latest interview on the Bills media page from when Buddy was hired. He said it there.

He has too much going on with the Hunter's Hope foundation.

Todd oh Todd, i listeNed to what Jim has said , even as recently as 3 mere days ago . Let me ask you 1 question , have you ever in life changed you're mind ? <_<

Whoo! Two internet tough guys square off in a cage match.

Meh, not at all . Just stating a simple fact that this man will not put up with children attacking the poster and not the post ! Just my way of giving you fair warning that i will report this childish behavior ! <_<

do you have anything of any intelligence to add or shall i just report you're childish behavior now because make no mistake i have raised 6 children and i do not feel the need to raise another one in you over the internet...i will NOT tolerate it ! Now with that being said , in the words of a mod i am near and dear with, attack the post not the poster , i hope i made myself clear ! <_<

Please report me for being so infantile, hot mama.

How about Bart Starr for head coach?

Makes the same amount of sense.

Guest dog14787
More positives then negatives for sure with this hire if it came to fruition . IMHO, the Bills could do much much worse which is probably where we as fans all are headed..= the much worse hire ! Just like to see some responses and why ..change it up a bit . <_<

I would be excited if Jim Kelly was named HC, but Kelly needs to start out as a QB coach or OC first and earn the right to be a HC and not have it given to him on a silver platter.

Kelly brings allot to the table when it comes to strong will, heart and leadership, but as a strategist I'm not so sure...

Jimbo is a great booster and might be a crucial part of assembling a group of investors (HOF'ers and million/billionaires) to keep the team here.

That's the only capacity I'd like to see him in; no coaching, and no running for political office either.

AGreed. He can be to the Bills what Lemieux is to the Penguins.

This is such a terrible idea. Folks, when Jim Kelly called the plays on the field, they used 12 or 16 plays continuously. They threw wrinkles into those plays from week to week, but the basic structure of the play was the same. The opposing defense knew they were going to run these plays, but they couldn't stop them. The 90s Bills had way too much talent on offense. That's why teams couldn't stop them.

Kelly hasn't played football since 1996. It's been 14 years. Think about where you were 14 years ago. The internet was just getting its legs. Message boards weren't even thought of. Cell phones were a major luxury. NFL offenses have evolved tremendously since then. Think about the offense the Bills tried to run this year. NFL defenses ate them up and laughed at how easy it was to prepare for them.

Getting Kelly as an OC or HC is like hiring a mechanic who has been retired for 14 years. Can he change the brakes on a new car? Sure. Is he going to be able to diagnose and fix big problems with your car that require the use of a computer? No - he has no idea that a computer can be used to diagnose the problem. Even if he heard that a computer could be used, he'd have no idea how to work it. All he would do is tell you how much better cars were made 20 or 30 years ago and how much easier they were to work on.

Thanks for starting a useless thread. Welcome to ignore.

Todd oh Todd, i listeNed to what Jim has said , even as recently as 3 mere days ago . Let me ask you 1 question , have you ever in life changed you're mind ? <_<

the guy has never coached a game of college or pro football in his life

This.

Kelly might even have the tools to be a good coach, but he'd have to work his way up the ranks first and gain valuable experience. See you in 20 years, in other words. Assuming he even wants to coach, which apparently he does not.

Jimbo's 1st coaching stop for all intents and purposes was being the Bills coach/player Offensive coordinator back in the hay day with the "K-GUN" with the exception on most occasions of short yardage and goaline . Make no mistake , 90% of all the offensive plays were called by Kelly ! :thumbsup:

There's no "for all intents and purposes" here.

One thing is a QB who called his own plays. That's a totally different thing from coaching.

Remember Bart Starr? There was a great QB who called his own plays. How did he turn out as a coach anyway?

It's nice to remember those old days, but this is clearly a bad idea. If Kelly puts in his time as a coach and works his way up, then maybe. Until then, no.

I would be excited if Jim Kelly was named HC, but Kelly needs to start out as a QB coach or OC first and earn the right to be a HC and not have it given to him on a silver platter.

Kelly brings allot to the table when it comes to strong will, heart and leadership, but as a strategist I'm not so sure...

well said ... :thumbsup: