Jim Kelly for H.C anyone ?

Over40club

More positives then negatives for sure with this hire if it came to fruition . IMHO, the Bills could do much much worse which is probably where we as fans all are headed..= the much worse hire ! Just like to see some responses and why ..change it up a bit . <_<

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

More positives then negatives for sure with this hire if it came to fruition . IMHO, the Bills could do much much worse which is probably where we as fans all are headed..= the much worse hire ! Just like to see some responses and why ..change it up a bit . <_<

Why would you think he can coach at the highest level there is, first coaching stop?

Orchard Park High, yes, hire him. Bills, let's get a professional please.

the guy has never coached a game of college or pro football in his life

wake up.. he is a good voice for us but he is not a coach, and he would be the 1st to tell you that

He could probably make a better OC than AVP which probably isn't saying much.

But HC is probably a little too much for him to take on.

Why would you think he can coach at the highest level there is, first coaching stop?

Orchard Park High, yes, hire him. Bills, let's get a professional please.

Jimbo's 1st coaching stop for all intents and purposes was being the Bills coach/player Offensive coordinator back in the hay day with the "K-GUN" with the exception on most occasions of short yardage and goaline . Make no mistake , 90% of all the offensive plays were called by Kelly ! <_<

Plus, Kelly said at the press conference after the Nix promotion that if or when he becomes involved with the Bills it would not be for coaching of any kind. I believe his words where he as too much time invested in Hunters Hope and if he were to coach it would be an all in decision and he isnt ready for that now.

I made the mistake of posting a similar question asking if he would make a good OC and got torn a new one. Hopefully you will be spared

If we have adults here that can make a logical debate instead of just infantile slurs then i can take that. <_<

If we have adults here that can make a logical debate instead of just infantile slurs then i can take that. <_<

Stop creating infantile threads. Kelly for Head Coach smacks of an infantile idea.

Is this the over 40 real incarnation of DELLAPELLE JOHN?

Jim Kelly has clearly and publicly stated he has absolutely no interest in coaching.

This is the kind of thinking, or rather non-thinking, that makes this place insufferable sometimes.

It's essentially moot, he's not interested ... I suspect that has to do with his stated reasons (his active charity work, etc.), and also unstated ones, such as his observation of the Marino experiment a few years ago down here in South Florida.

Marino - another guy with all sorts of things going on, chartiable and otherwise - accepted an important job with the Dolphins front office and then quit after about a month.

Jim is a great ambassador for the team, his charties, and the region. That's what he does best now.

(We can politely avoid even reaching the issue of qualifications.)

Plus, Kelly said at the press conference after the Nix promotion that if or when he becomes involved with the Bills it would not be for coaching of any kind. I believe his words where he as too much time invested in Hunters Hope and if he were to coach it would be an all in decision and he isnt ready for that now.

+1

Jimbo's 1st coaching stop for all intents and purposes was being the Bills coach/player Offensive coordinator back in the hay day with the "K-GUN" with the exception on most occasions of short yardage and goaline . Make no mistake , 90% of all the offensive plays were called by Kelly ! <_<

Well then he has crucial experience, having already been thoroughly outcoached by Belicheat (Super Bowl vs. Giants: more Thurman, less Kelly).

kj

oh, please. stop living in the past Bills fans. this is 2010, not 1990. it would be wonderful if a local group with kelly buys the team, funds it well, gets great coaches and players to come happily play and live at the north pole and thereby keeps a winning team in crumbling RWS (highly unlikely IMO), but coach?. get out of the time machine people. this is today.

Stop creating infantile threads. Kelly for Head Coach smacks of an infantile idea.

Is this the over 40 real incarnation of DELLAPELLE JOHN?

do you have anything of any intelligence to add or shall i just report you're childish behavior now because make no mistake i have raised 6 children and i do not feel the need to raise another one in you over the internet...i will NOT tolerate it ! Now with that being said , in the words of a mod i am near and dear with, attack the post not the poster , i hope i made myself clear ! <_<

Jimbo is a great booster and might be a crucial part of assembling a group of investors (HOF'ers and million/billionaires) to keep the team here.

That's the only capacity I'd like to see him in; no coaching, and no running for political office either.