Bill Cowher AND Brian Billick...

We're not some consolation prize. We're a class-of-the-NFL fan base and organization and we deserve someone who wants to be here. I'm sick and tired of the Bills being looked at as the Siberia of the NFL....that's crap. Upstate/Western NY is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL place to live. I spent twelve years of my life there and I pretty much consider it my home. The people there are down to earth, hard working, family-oriented, and loyal. We don't need some prima donna who is "settling" on the Buffalo job....Nix needs to bring someone in here who is passionate about the region, our players, and our fans.

I want someone who WANTS to be here and to become the leader of our Bills community.

We're not some consolation prize. We're a class-of-the-NFL fan base and organization and we deserve someone who wants to be here. I'm sick and tired of the Bills being looked at as the Siberia of the NFL....that's crap. Upstate/Western NY is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL place to live. I spent twelve years of my life there and I pretty much consider it my home. The people there are down to earth, hard working, family-oriented, and loyal. We don't need some prima donna who is "settling" on the Buffalo job....Nix needs to bring someone in here who is passionate about the region, our players, and our fans.

I want someone who WANTS to be here and to become the leader of our Bills community.

I am with you. Seems Cowher is holding out to see what else happens in the NFL. If that is the case, !@#$ him lets move on

Well that narrows it down to Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. Good luck with that.

Who's to say Cowher takes us as a last resort. At this point, are you really going to be THAT picky considering who's running this whole operation?? I'd take Cowher or Harbaugh from Stanford like Sully said.

How about Cowher as HC Billick as OC and Lebeau as DC? :thumbsup:

I'll put it to ya all like this. Cowher cold-shouldered the Bills once, and he'll do it again. So just STOP IT with Bill Cowher! He DOES NOT want to coach here. Think about something, he is choosing to remain on a silly pre-game show to argue about how many first downs the Lions will or won't have that afternoon rather than make substantially more money in the NFL coaching. Second of all, he's won pro-footballs ultimate prize already, why would he want to come back and "rebuild" a franchise like Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Oakland, etc.

The only place he'd really have a good shot at adding another Lombardi to his resume is Chicago. They already have most of the pieces in place, but it appears as though Lovie Smith will be retained. Now I'm with alot of you, It's Cowher, and then everyone else. But be realistic...ITS NOT HAPPENING!

I'd also like Brian Billick, but he's told NFL "Who'd want to coach in Buffalo"? Billick would've been my #2...until he said THAT! See, I know people have "Changes of heart", but he totally lost me when he said that. Note to REAL Bills fans: I know things stink right now (and have for ten years), but if they don't wanna be here, whatever! I want a coach who cares about this team and wants wholeheartedly to build a winning tradition here, and is not here just for the money.

So whoever it is, whatever he's paid, I just want the Bills to be good again. If its Jim Harbaugh, Charlie Weis, or any other "C" list coach, fine. Lets get this team back on track and turn this thing around. I'm not gonna speculate or read rumors about who has flown in or sleeping over in town. I just want this frickin nightmare over!!!

- Charlie in Sayre, PA

I agree with most of what your saying, but if you remember back in 1983 (not sure if you old enough to remember), there was a QB from the Univ. of Miami who wanted to get drafted anywhere but Buffalo and when he got drafted by the Bills he went to anothe r league just to avoid playing for Buffalo. Seems like there were at least a few Western New Yorkers who welcomed him when he eventually showed up here.

I would rather ask out the hot girl who might say no than the ugly girl who has no choice but to say yes. At the very least, you try for the hot girl first, right?

There is one exception, of course. So I guess the question is: does Billick let you ride the hershey highway?

Google "Brian Billick Buffalo Bills" and there is absolutely nothing about Billick saying anything negative about Buffalo. Until, that is, about the 20th spot, which is this thread.

Until somebody can actually produce a link about Billick saying anything negative, it is yet another case of "Bills Board 'I Saw It On Another Thread Somewhere I Think'" Syndrome" and it started right on these boards.

ALL YOU COWHER SUPPORTERS...it ain't over til it's over......

BILLIEVER'S - TIME TO TAKE IT UP A NOTCH

By JOE LOGAN (1/13/2010 11:27:46 PM)

Let the nay-sayers and haters wallow in the mud with their Long Island pal Schefter and let the Billiever's rock and roll. Time to take it up a notch.

I spoke tonight with my source (who by the way owes me a genny cream when this is over) and apparently there is some heated discussions going on at one bills drive. The message to me was that R&R are getting internal pressure to make Cowher the offer he can't refuse. Final decision on player moves and a commitment to pay for players.

The concern within is that Ralph and Russ are not pursuing Cowher with the amount of urgency that the situation deserves. Privately they are also concerned that Brandon and new GM Buddy Nix may not have the experience needed to be able to recognize the potential of a coordinator or college coach with no head coaching experience. Hence the reason they are suggesting a more aggressive pitch for Cowher who has the proven track record.

None of that is good news, however I was also told that Buffalo Fan Factor is having an effect on the happenings on both sides of the table and the suggestion to me was to see if we could really take it up a notch, and fast!

What have we got to lose folks? Let's do our part. Let's go all in for the Chin.

Here is the plan. I'm asking that everyone interested in doing their part to try to land Cowher write two HANDWRITTEN letters. One to Ralph Wilson and one to Bill Cowher. Tell Ralph why it is important to you that we get Coach Cowher. Draft a second letter to Cowher telling him why you think he should come to Buffalo. Put them both in a single envelope addressed to EastAurora.Org PO Box 125 East Aurora, New York 14052. I know I can get the message directly to Ralph and I will do everything in my power to deliver them to Coach Cowher, even if I have to drive down to Raleigh to do it.

Please try to get all of your letters out by this weekend.

I don't know what Schefter knows and why he says what he says about Cowher. But I believe if we can get hundreds or maybe thousands of handwritten letters hand delivered to him it might just be enough to sway him and tip the scales in our favors.

I'm all in on this until I hear Coach C say he is out. If that happens, we move on. Better to do what we can to help the cause than to just sit back and expect the worst and then complain after the fact. Isn't it?