TSA has become a joke

Today was my first venture through security since the idiot with bomb-of-the-loom drawers took a trip to Detroit. I am sure TSA employees are good people and mean well but what a joke. As people passed through the security area one of the agents was rubbing people's backs. Had I been a bomb carrying moron it would have been easy enough to see through this farcce of a "check" and adjusted accordingly.

What a waste of time and money. Frankly, I feel less safe today than I did before 9/11. If the TSA wants to be serious about this stuff they need to deploy the best technology available and cut out the idiotic procedures that do nothing to make flying secure.

Spending a ton of money to not fix a problem--but say it's fixed--is what you vote for year after year.

Anyone get fired for the Underpants Bomber yet? More of what you vote for yearly.

Frankly, one or two agents checking people with bomb sniffing dogs would likely be more effective and less costly than the mess they have right now. I am all for making flights as secure as is possible but what happens today is merely a speed bump on your way to the gate.

Frankly, one or two agents checking people with bomb sniffing dogs would likely be more effective and less costly than the mess they have right now. I am all for making flights as secure as is possible but what happens today is merely a speed bump on your way to the gate.

The truth is that a determined terrorist won't be deterred by dogs, technology, or an army.

To take an example from the book Superfreakonomics, I assume you remember the DC sniper and the havoc that raised. Now picture 50 terrorists let loose in the US with Chevy Novas and rifles, driving all over the country picking people off. It's not hard for a terrorist (or group of them) to turn the US topsy turvy.

The truth is that a determined terrorist won't be deterred by dogs, technology, or an army.

To take an example from the book Superfreakonomics, I assume you remember the DC sniper and the havoc that raised. Now picture 50 terrorists let loose in the US with Chevy Novas and rifles, driving all over the country picking people off. It's not hard for a terrorist (or group of them) to turn the US topsy turvy.

No argument here ...

just frustrating to see tax dollars flushed down the drain ... not that this is an unusual event.

Or attack a mall. The craziness that would ensue would be epic.

I don't think they'd even need rifles. Just having a shitload of them driving around the country in Chevy Novas would scare the crap out of me. <_<

Or attack a mall. The craziness that would ensue would be epic.

It still amazes me that AQ hasn't hit a mall a day for a week after Thanksgiving. What percentage of the national GDP is the holiday shopping season?

Or for that matter, stopped targeting planes and started targeting airport security checkpoints.

It still amazes me that AQ hasn't hit a mall a day for a week after Thanksgiving. What percentage of the national GDP is the holiday shopping season?

Or for that matter, stopped targeting planes and started targeting airport security checkpoints.

If the goal is to actually inflict terror, you don't hit targets like airports or NYC. You hit east bumfrick, Kansas, population 12,643. Someplace where there's no logical reason to hit.

If the goal is to actually inflict terror, you don't hit targets like airports or NYC. You hit east bumfrick, Kansas, population 12,643. Someplace where there's no logical reason to hit.

East Bumfrick, Kansas, doesn't get the same media coverage that New York or LA do. It's as much about the publicity as it is about inflicting terror.

It's always amazed me that something like this has not happened. Is our government actually doing a good job at something and preventing these things or is AQ really that stupid that they can't figure out how to do this. I think every Gomer knows how to make some sort of a homemade bomb. There is a suicide bombing every day in Pakistan but so far here....nothing. It's king of hard to believe.

It's always amazed me that something like this has not happened. Is our government actually doing a good job at something and preventing these things or is AQ really that stupid that they can't figure out how to do this. I think every Gomer knows how to make some sort of a homemade bomb. There is a suicide bombing every day in Pakistan but so far here....nothing. It's king of hard to believe.

AQ's attacks have always been demonstrative, even at the expense of being substantive. Which isn't to say they can't be both (i.e. 9/11)...but if they have to choose, they choose symbolic and visible targets over substantial ones. And shopping malls and airport security checkpoints just aren't that visual or symbolic (though that last is arguable).

East Bumfrick, Kansas, doesn't get the same media coverage that New York or LA do. It's as much about the publicity as it is about inflicting terror.

What about Oklahoma City? You don't think that AQ, etc. has studied that? MidAmerica, small city, no international ramifications, on the face of it, however for America it was big time and that made it international as anything that happens here resonates.

Just a thought.

What about Oklahoma City? You don't think that AQ, etc. has studied that? MidAmerica, small city, no international ramifications, on the face of it, however for America it was big time and that made it international as anything that happens here resonates.

Just a thought.

Got Clinton reelected for sure. That may make it bigger then 9/11