What is so bad about Buffalo?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I left it (first for LA, and then off to Brooklyn), I love Buffalo and think it's one of the more cultured mid-sized cities in the country. So I don't think that's the problem.

The problem for any prospective coach is the ... frequent mid-week trips to suburban Detroit for a lecture at the old man's mansion. Seriously, it's the owner. Nothing else.

My guess is it's a little bit of everything. We have a meddling, 91 year old owner, a losing culture that is extremely difficult to shed (see Cubs, Lions, Sabres, Browns, etc) and to top it off sh*tty weather. A lot of people from Buffalo are sensitive to criticism of the city because they/we are from here. We are a city that dwells on the glory days of the past, whether iit be our sports teams or the economy. Our city and our sports teams have done nothing innovative to improve the situations that have been dealt to us. For example Pittsburgh was every bit the blue collar, factory town that Buffalo was/is. The difference is Pittsburgh has changed with the times and has moved towards being a tech centered city. Think of it from an outsiders perspective...why the hell would anyone want to come here and deal with Ralph, 7 (not 8) homes games a year, our losing culture and the fact that is cold as f*ck 7 months out of the year.

I don't know where you're from, but Buffalo can't change with the times due mainly to the fact that it is geographically situated in the State of New York- where scumbags like Chuck Schumer, Eliot Spitzer and David 'the Seeing Eye Dog' Paterson eat well and carry-on the prophecy of 'if it's a bad idea- let's do it', compliments of the hard working upper lower-class (there is no middle class). Buffalo is socio-economically trapped- as is all of Upstate NY (outside of Capitaland). Aside from that- Buffalo is a great F**king town. If someone doesn't like it- they ought to be tipped-over in a porta-patriot-potty.

Nothing wrong with Buffalo at all, IF you have a good job. Taxes are high. It snows in the winter. Just like most places in the northeast. Why would Bill Cowher need nightlife? Whole bunch of pro athletes who came here have stayed or have came back to live. Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Ruben Brown to name a few. Start naming hockey guys and the list is very long. Sure they all live in the suburbs but most people do around here. $10 million a year to coach the Bills, live in a huge house in Orchard Park, drive a big SUV in the winter. The only real Chicken Wings in the world. There should be guys killing each other to come here. Plus, if you are a head coach in the NFL, you are working 18 hours a day anyway. Why does there need to be anything to do? Really, what is there to actually do anywhere other than a handful of places and that is all tourist type stuff anyway??? That has always been such a stupid point to me. He can go live wherever the heck he wants in the offseason on $10 mil. per. How much can Ralph actually do at 91? I think the only thing holding any big name back is the fear of failure. Whichever big name steps up, (Cowher, Schottenheimer, Billick) they can cement their big name reputation and earn a spot in the HOF by coming here and making the Bills a winner again. If not, they get about $30 million after taxes for 5 years of standing on the sideline, watching film and eating wings.

kelly and thurman are generally not hugely recognized(well thurman for sure)

in other towns.Im Buffalo everyone worships them...so that is incentive.

but be that as it may...I like Buff a lot.I remember it fondly and visit when I can.

well ralph from what i heard ran polian out of town so.....

"from what I heard"

Where did you hear that DELLAPELLE?

From the same source that kept you spamming the board the other night with "cowher to bills on tues...."

I must have missed today's press conference announcing the appointment of Cowher as the Bills HC. You were SO certain so I believed you

I don't know where you're from, but Buffalo can't change with the times due mainly to the fact that it is geographically situated in the State of New York- where scumbags like Chuck Schumer, Eliot Spitzer and David 'the Seeing Eye Dog' Paterson eat well and carry-on the prophecy of 'if it's a bad idea- let's do it', compliments of the hard working upper lower-class (there is no middle class). Buffalo is socio-economically trapped- as is all of Upstate NY (outside of Capitaland). Aside from that- Buffalo is a great F**king town. If someone doesn't like it- they ought to be tipped-over in a porta-patriot-potty.

You forgot Hillery. What a fabulous, fantastic joke that was. Did any one Really think madam secretary gave a crap about NY when she was elected senator?