Schefter's credibility

Posting this just to encourage everyone not to hang onto every word everyone is saying:

The Bills' website has posted a story from Chris Brown stating the entire coaching staff was fired, yet Schefter is currently on ESPN NEWS as I'm typing, and TWICE refused to confirm that Fewell or his staff was fired.

And, Schefter stated that his report about Cowher unlikely to return in 2010 was based NOT on talking to Cowher, but on people who TOLD HIM THEY HAD TALKED TO COWHER.

Posting this just to encourage everyone not to hang onto every word everyone is saying:

The Bills' website has posted a story from Chris Brown stating the entire coaching staff was fired, yet Schefter is currently on ESPN NEWS as I'm typing, and TWICE refused to confirm that Fewell or his staff was fired.

And, Schefter stated that his report about Cowher unlikely to return in 2010 was based NOT on talking to Cowher, but on people who TOLD HIM THEY HAD TALKED TO COWHER.

I suppose it's semantics, but the staff were told that they were free to seek other employment.

The Buffalo Bills have informed the current coaching staff that their obligations to the team for the 2009 season have been completed.

Each of the coaches is currently under contract, but they have been informed that they have the opportunity to seek positions elsewhere. The status of each coach will be determined by the Bills new head coach following the completion of the process.

link

so...Schefter is correct.

I agree with you, but I think you can put added stock in certain people because they are more responsible with their reports and have consistently shown to have reliable sources.

Shefter is right to do this IMO because there have since been conflicting reports...including the one straight from the Bills. Again, relatively responsible journalism and paying attention to semantics.

So? A ton of accurate news comes from secondary sources.

I suppose it's semantics, but the staff were told that they were free to seek other employment.

link

so...Schefter is correct.

This makes WAAAAAY more sense than firing everyone. If they leave of their own accord before they are fired, the Bills won't owe them anything. Rather than if they are fired they are owed next years salary. This also gives us the leg up to keeping any staff that the new coach might want to (such as Bobby April) because they are already under contract.

Yeah Adam S and Mort have changed like the wind blows today. Neither I think know **** about what is going on.

Not really. Everything they said could be true. It would make sense that Cowher had a meeting because he was interested, and after the meeting decided it wasn't for him and decided staying with CBS. It actually is what makes the most sense.

Schefter used to be a good reporter before he took the gig at ESPN. I wish He stayed on at the NFL Network because it seems he has became more of a biased reporter since the switch.

This is all speculation, no one truly knows what the heck is going on with Bill Cowher except for Cowher himself. People like Schefter and Mortenson and King and Jason Cole like to think they know what is actually happening. But realistically they are just speculating what they think and what their inner circle of so called "gurus" think will happen.

Cowher on CBS on Sunday said he would not comment about coaching to anyone, what makes people think he decided to make a decision just 24 hours later?