Bills 2010 opponents

phillyrich

H - NE, NYJ, Mia, Pitt, Cle, Jax, Chi, Det

A - NE, NYJ, Mia, Bal, Cin, KC, GB, Minn

I really hope that changes a bit. I would rather have us play Oakland than say Jax again. It seems like we play Jax every year and rarely play Oakland. The schedules are supposed to be getting more balanced and we are getting screwed.

Recently the league announced that the NFl schedule would continue the current scheduling " divisional rotation" so to speak.

There are four divisions in the AFC. that means we play very other AFC division every 3rd year. Three years ago, in 2007, we played the AFC N. In 2007, at home we had Bal and Cin, away at Pitt and Cle. The home and away games rotate every 3rd year we play an AFC division.

The NFC has four divisions as well. However, the Bills are not in the NFC so we rotate with the NFC divisions every four years. Fours years ago, in 2006, we had GB and Minn at home, Det and Chi on the road. The home and away games rotate every 4th year we play an NFC division.

This then leaves two games. The two left over games are played against the teams that finish in the "same divisional position" from the two other AFC divisions the AFC EAST does not play according to the AFC divisional rotation year to year. In 2010, the same place games will be against the AFC S and AFC W. A home and away rotation occurs within the same place games as well. In 2007 and 2008, we played the AFC S same place game AWAY. They were both in Jax. We lost in 07, won in 08. In 2009 the entire AFC East then played the entire AFC South. In 2006 and 2007, we played the AFC W same place game at home. We lost in 06 to San Diego and the 07 home opener to Den. In 2008 the entire AFC East then played the entire AFC West. The home and away rotation of the same place games occurs the year after the "divisional rotation".

Hope this makes sense.

I really hope that changes a bit. I would rather have us play Oakland than say Jax again. It seems like we play Jax every year and rarely play Oakland. The schedules are supposed to be getting more balanced and we are getting screwed.

It is a pretty fixed process. There is no leeway at all.

I agree. i am tired of playing Jax every year.

It is a pretty fixed process. There is no leeway at all.

Correct. It's set in stone. The league pre-determines schedules WAY in advance, and then the instant you know what place you finished in your division, you know your schedule. Nothing can be modified.