Mangini to be Fired

box0life

According to footballcoachscoop.com, Mangini will be fired perhaps on Tuesday. Would Cowher be interested in the Cleaveland job with Holmgren as GM?

I doubt Cowher would want to be working for Holmgren.

According to footballcoachscoop.com, Mangini will be fired perhaps on Tuesday. Would Cowher be interested in the Cleaveland job with Holmgren as GM?

This is not good. If Holmgren didn't think he could get Cowher he would not get rid of Mangini, especially the way the Browns finished the year with four straight wins. Remember, Cowher played and coached for the Browns before going to Pittsburgh, and would be a natural fit in that town.

This is not good. If Holmgren didn't think he could get Cowher he would not get rid of Mangini, especially the way the Browns finished the year with four straight wins. Remember, Cowher played and coached for the Browns before going to Pittsburgh, and would be a natural fit in that town.

He's getting rid of Mangini cause Mangini is a joke for a head coach. Somebody named Jauron had a four game winning streak last year.

I think that you are underscoring the fact that Holmgren may just want an ABM-type coach to take over. ABM obviously standing for Anyone But Mangini.

Cowher won't work for Holmgren. Furthermore, Lerner would be paying about $20M/year for both. Mangini is being fired because he sucks.

..only Cowher knows if he is interested in the CLEVELAND job....

According to footballcoachscoop.com, Mangini will be fired perhaps on Tuesday. Would Cowher be interested in the Cleaveland :thumbsup: job with Holmgren as GM?

I don't know how great of an idea that is. The Browns won their last 4 games in a rebuilding year, the shows something is finally clicking. And with a team that has bigger QB problems than the Bills. I can understand Holmgren wanting to start over from scratch, but I think Mangini has earned a chance at a second year

I'm sure Holmgren already has a coach in mind - and it is likely not Cowher.