Carucci: Bills / Cowher meeting was not substantive

It just seems like this is DELLAPELLE JOHN 's schtick.

It's hard to take the guy seriously when he continues to post and overpost the same statement "cowher to bills on tues....". The serial spamming of the same statements over and over again are DELLAPELLE JOHN's schtick.

You know isn't Spamming a COC Violation? Also when Cowher doesn't sign on Tuesday, can we just flat ban him for general purpose?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Cowher and my Bills even had a conversation is enough to get me excited.

Me too. And if by some miracles of miracles they land Cowher, I would feel very good about the possibility that there is some kind of "succession plan" in place to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I don't think that Cowher would sign on to be the coach of a team that he thought stood a chance of moving as soon as the 91 year old owner passes from the scene. (Either that or Cowher is convinced that after Ralph is gone the Bills will relocate to Carolina to be closer to Cowher's wife and daughter.)

It's evident from this conversation that no one knows anything about what's going on in OBD. Carucci's not the most reliable, but Mort is usually on and he's been reporting that Cowher has no interest in the Bills - all evidence to the contrary. When there's a press conference at the training facility, Tuesday, February, 2011, whenever, and Bill Cowher, or whomever, steps up to the podium, then we'll know.

Carucci sounds like he bought into a snow job to me.

Coach Sal ... hilarious

Coach Sal broke news of the Bills meeting with Cowher in the first place. Not ESPN. Not Vic Carucci.

Not Peter King. Nothing hilarious about Sal. His info. is usually dead on. Was in Lee Evans extension.

Was in T.O. signing. Was about Cowher meeting with the Bills. Just sayin'.

It's evident from this conversation that no one knows anything about what's going on in OBD. Carucci's not the most reliable, but Mort is usually on and he's been reporting that Cowher has no interest in the Bills - all evidence to the contrary. When there's a press conference at the training facility, Tuesday, February, 2011, whenever, and Bill Cowher, or whomever, steps up to the podium, then we'll know.

Exactly. Mort has been saying no way for weeks now, then this morning he reports a meeting. It has leaked out that there has been contact so Vic got sold a bill of goods and he bought them.

Also, why is Yahoo etal reporting Billick will get an interview, but all of a sudden Vic is told he won't?

Coach Sal broke news of the Bills meeting with Cowher in the first place. Not ESPN. Not Vic Carucci.

Not Peter King. Nothing hilarious about Sal. His info. is usually dead on. Was in Lee Evans extension.

Was in T.O. signing. Was about Cowher meeting with the Bills. Just sayin'.

Coach Sal's ass. Come on man. Everyone knew about the Evans extention coming. TO? Who gives a ****? When Cowher confirms there was a meeting then I give the guy who is in friggin FLORDIA posting from his friggin house some credit.

Yeah, if he didn't blow off virtually every other candidate there is I might disagree but it looks like a lot of smoke and mirrors, if anything at all going on there. It seems like the Shanahan and Cowher stories both broke from their camp so the Bills are being very tight lipped on their end and Shanny and Cowher are such big names it was inevitable that news of them meeting the Bills would get out. They had to have at least sent out feelers to other candidates, likely some of the people from Carucci's report.

Totally unfair point of view, but:

If the Bills hire Russ Grimm or Ron Rivera it will look like a total clusterf**k. What was it with:

1. the big splash "being interested in" Cowhere, Gruden and Shanahan

2. making a big deal of how important it is to hire a head coach with head coaching experiences ...AND...

3. making a big deal of how important it is for the successful candidate to put together a top staff of assistants.

Neither Grimm nor Rivera are the "big splash"

Neither has head coaching experience

We don't know for sure, but since neither has been in coaching for a long time (both former players), it wouldn't

seem that they've got the connections to hire a top staff (and Grimm, in particular, could be unavailable due to

the playoffs until most NFL assistants who have lost their job have found new gigs. We also have to assume that

Buffalo is not a "hot spot" where it would be easy to lure an assistant away from another team where he already

has a job).

None of the above means that Grimm or Rivera couldn't be a good head coach, but it would sure look like the

Bills "settled" for one of them if they hire them.

Just my frustrated $.02 worth... I'd have preferred that they never flirted with Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan and

Billick at all if they didn't think that there was a chance that they could hire them.

Coach Sal's ass. Come on man. Everyone knew about the Evans extention coming. TO? Who gives a ****? When Cowher confirms there was a meeting then I give the guy who is in friggin FLORDIA posting from his friggin house some credit.

No everybody didn't know about Lee Evans extension. TO? You don't give a **** because it doesn't suit your case. But it doesn't negate the fact that Sal was on it first. He must have some good sources. Cowher had a chance to confirm a meeting. He has said "no comment." So wake up and smell the coffee. All he had to do was say he never met with them. I'm not saying he's going to take the gig, but it's obvious they had contact; which Sal reported first. Now Mort and the rest report it too. Give Sal his props.

Carucci sniffed around the Ralph today at the game and followed-up on the media reports about Bills, Cowher, etc.

Carucci reported on 97 Rock that:

-Fewell gets interview on Monday

-Meeting with Cowher was "hey how ya doing" conversation. Not a meeting of huge substance. At least nothing on par with the 7 hour conversation with Shanahan.

-Cowher up to this point still hasn't viewed Buffalo as the perfect, right situation.

-Cowher is still quietly keeping his eyes on the Carolina situation. And would be happy to return to CBS

-No Weiss. No Marty Schot-ball.

-Billick will NOT get an interview in Buffalo

-Carucci is unsure about Fassell, Haslett but senses they are not high on list. Bills don't seem to be pressing for them.

-Grimm, Harbaugh, Rivera could be in mix, but nothing definitive

i dont pay a lot of attention to anything carucci says. IMO he is not as connected as many around here in buffalo give him credit for being.

we shall see what happens but i say Carucci knows about as much as you or I @ this time!

He broke the news that the Bills were in discussions with Shanahan, the story that was later picked up by the national media.

Can you provide instances where he "doesn't ever seem to have the greatest info" ?

well on the day when all the news and CBS"s alex Marvez were reporting that something was up in buffalo and TO was about to sign.

@ 11:30 that morning carucci said his sources had heard nothing about TO coming to buffalo and he was not buying it..

3 hours later Marvez reported as a done deal and a pressew was called for 6:30.

Carucci IMO is a nobody and i never pay much stock in anything he says.

By the way everyone knew Shanny was interviewing with the bills or that the bills had contacted him so i do not believe you are correct there!

Child....

Carucci spent the day at the Ralph and actually spoke with contacts in the Bills organization.

It's called reporting.

Speculating nonsense is your schtick

and you know this how? you assume alot as to how much he is actually connected to the bills me i dont think he is very connected to the bills inner circle very much @ all!

If it was just a "Hi ya doing" meeting, then why even meet at all? I like Vic, but I don't buy the "Hi ya doing" stuff.

great point,"hi how you doing". are you freaking kidding me. its a freaking joke and anyone who believes that is mindless.

your talking 7 figure contracts and its a hi how you doing metting if you believe that then you have a brain the size of a pea!

its either on or its not but its not "hi how are you doing"

Carucci sniffed around the Ralph today at the game and followed-up on the media reports about Bills, Cowher, etc.

Carucci reported on 97 Rock that:

-Fewell gets interview on Monday

-Meeting with Cowher was "hey how ya doing" conversation. Not a meeting of huge substance. At least nothing on par with the 7 hour conversation with Shanahan.

-Cowher up to this point still hasn't viewed Buffalo as the perfect, right situation.

-Cowher is still quietly keeping his eyes on the Carolina situation. And would be happy to return to CBS

-No Weiss. No Marty Schot-ball.

-Billick will NOT get an interview in Buffalo

-Carucci is unsure about Fassell, Haslett but senses they are not high on list. Bills don't seem to be pressing for them.

-Grimm, Harbaugh, Rivera could be in mix, but nothing definitive

Well Carucci is already wrong on at least one account. They guy has no cred.

and you know this how? you assume alot as to how much he is actually connected to the bills me i dont think he is very connected to the bills inner circle very much @ all!

Because he said where he got his info. He said he did some investigation at Ralph Wilson stadium and he reported what he heard. He is not stating opinion or speculating. He investigated, and he reported what he heard. What is so hard to undertand?

For it to all be true, there has to be confirmation, and all that jazz. But in this internet age, the fact checking gets skipped a lot. But nonthless, this isn't "speculation." It is what sources are telling reporters. The sources could be right on the money or full of ****. We find out when it is official. But just because it isn't official doesn't mean it is speculation or it isn't true. It just means that is what sources are saying.

Why would the Bills tip their hand and say they are close to officially bringing him in with the Rooney Rule looming if anything like that would happen. You can have your man crush on him, I can choose to ignore him.

Bringing him in for an interview is not in conflict with the Rooney Rule. If they hire him without interviewing minority candidates, that would be against the rules. With the scheduled interview of Perry Fewell and who knows what others, I don't think there will be anannouncement on Tuesday. At least I hope not. I'm still chafing at the dumb process that was used to find a GM, and that Wilson was stupid enough to admit how he handled it.

I hope that careful consideration is given to a number of candidates, with the emphasis on their qualifications/experience, the schemes and plays they would use to counter what the Patriots, Jets and Dolphins do on offense and defense, and their vision of what the Bills image and style should be in the future. Assuming that Buddy Nix will actually be able to make the decision on who he hires, I hope his knowledge of who is a good coach and what works in the NFL is far better than the Ralph and Russ team. If so, there's a chance of a turnaround for this team.