What's John Clayton's track record?

bbb

He said that on New Year's Eve talking to Schoop. He gave no explanation, and that was that.........Does he have a good track record on this stuff or does he just try to sound like he is in the know on everything?

He is a small step up from Fred Edelstein. He hasn't been in jail yet.

As for football inside knowledge, they are equals.

If Cowher should sign with Buffalo, Magoo will say what a wonderful job they did keeping it under wraps, without missing a blink. And Sean Salisbury isn't there anymore to bring it up and laugh at him, so it will be largely forgotten what he said before, except by those on this board.

Remember these guys all have to come up with SOMETHING almost every day and there is just not that much info out there that is new.

Easy thing to report, easy thing to have deniability about later.

He said that on New Year's Eve talking to Schoop. He gave no explanation, and that was that.........Does he have a good track record on this stuff or does he just try to sound like he is in the know on everything?

As far as the Bills go, his record is pretty abysmal. I'd treat anything he says about the Bills with a large amount of scepticism, as I don't think he's got any contacts there at all. I can't even remember the last time the guy actually 'broke' a story tbh.

There aren't too many people out there in the national mainstream media, who actually know their stuff in respect of the Bills.

Schefter is worth listening to, as he has serious contacts all over the place. Vic Carucci from NFL.com also 'knows' people from his time in Buffalo, and is a generally decent source. The Buffalo News (Mark Gaughan) isn't bad, and if Jay Glazer from Fox posts something, he almost certainly has had solid info to go on.

You can't just rule out anything in life 100%. Would John Clayton bet his house that Cowher won't come here? No, I don't think he would.

Still, you don't need a reporter to tell you that the odds of Cowher coming to Buffalo are low. I'd be happy if we could get him in for an interview.

I'd love to give Clayton an "atomic weggie"

He is a small step up from Fred Edelstein. He hasn't been in jail yet.

As for football inside knowledge, they are equals.

If Cowher should sign with Buffalo, Magoo will say what a wonderful job they did keeping it under wraps, without missing a blink. And Sean Salisbury isn't there anymore to bring it up and laugh at him, so it will be largely forgotten what he said before, except by those on this board.

Remember these guys all have to come up with SOMETHING almost every day and there is just not that much info out there that is new.

Easy thing to report, easy thing to have deniability about later.

:lol:

Maybe I just haven't listened to Clayton enough, but he strikes me as being a little soft on specifics and/or new information.

Clayton specializes in teams from the West Coast. he is getting squeezed out further with the edition of Adam Schefter. Who knows if he has any credible source(s) specifically regarding Cowher other than his own intuition. Heck, if you took a poll amongst bills fans, probably 90% would say cowher is not coming.....so for clayton to take the leap to "no way" is not that far. having said that, the stars keep aligning in the bills favor.....according to sources Raheem Morris has told his Tampa Bay coaching staff their jobs are all safe. that probably means raheem is safe and/or cowher is not coming knowing he has to keep all those guys. so thats another possible destination rumored for cowher, along with carolina, out of the way.

Another thing Clayton said is that the Bills did an extensive search for a GM outside the organization, but no one would give them the time of day. Take that FWIW. Although utlimately I think they got the right guy.

Its because Cowher wants all personel power and we gave that to Nix