Mocky Mock Mock

I happen to like Walter football's Mock Draft's, I know that a lot of people think that they're talking out of their asses over there but quite frankly I think they really do a good job of evalutaing a teams needs.

Anyways the new mock is out for this week and I am curious as to peoples thought's on it. It's not who I would pick(McClain) but interesting none the less.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

I happen to like Walter football's Mock Draft's, I know that a lot of people think that they're talking out of their asses over there but quite frankly I think they really do a good job of evalutaing a teams needs.

Anyways the new mock is out for this week and I am curious as to peoples thought's on it. It's not who I would pick(McClain) but interesting none the less.

I think that the Bills aren't going to take another DE with their 1st round pick. The Bills are going to take a LT or a QB with their 1st round pick. I think that the Pick is going to be a LT due to the fact that a top 8 pick is going to need to fill a big franchise changing need and the Bills have a huge needs along the O-line and the biggest need at LT.

How the Bills in this mock don't draft a O-lineman in either round 1 or 2 is beyond me and shows how bad this mock draft is. If there is a top LT available for Buffalo to take then I don't see how they don't take him.

I think that the Bills aren't going to take another DE with their 1st round pick. The Bills are going to take a LT or a QB with their 1st round pick. I think that the Pick is going to be a LT due to the fact that a top 8 pick is going to need to fill a big franchise changing need and the Bills have a huge needs along the O-line and the biggest need at LT.

How the Bills in this mock don't draft a O-lineman in either round 1 or 2 is beyond me and shows how bad this mock draft is. If there is a top LT available for Buffalo to take then I don't see how they don't take him.

With one of the weakest quarterback classes in years, I really wonder whether we could draft a QB at our pick position

its interesting, i'll say that. I'm more in favor of lefevour over pike, but no problem with another DE, as long as hes not an undersized, "try-hard" guy. and NO SAM BRADFORD/JEVON SNEAD. moreover, I'm confident that Nix will make the right call come draft day

its interesting, i'll say that. I'm more in favor of lefevour over pike, but no problem with another DE, as long as hes not an undersized, "try-hard" guy. and NO SAM BRADFORD/JEVON SNEAD. moreover, I'm confident that Nix will make the right call come draft day

At 6'4 270 he would be a change at RE. Here are his strengths:

Strengths:

Solid height and great bulk/strength

Shows very nice burst off the snap; good first step

Good closing speed

Great flexibility

Dips and bends; runs the tight horn to QB

Has improved hand use

Gets good leverage

Nice pass rush repertoire (spin, club, rip, etc.)

Plays with consistent effort; love his motor

Really sets the edge

Can play left or right end

Balanced end against run and pass

Good range in pursuit

Competitive

Shown a lot of technical improvement from sophomore to junior season

Great all-around skill set

Very polished for his age (20)

Still has some upside

ok, cool, thanks.

Kid sounds like a solid prospect, I havent seen alot of GT games, I only watch the ACC when Clemson is losing. Im just tired of hearing post draft talk with the phrase "try-hard, high-motor" or any combination of those words in reference to defensive lineman, I'd prefer highly physical, physically developed, mean streakin, lots of upside type guys that have a high motor.

We can build the o-line via free agency, but it is very unlikely that we will get a franchise QB in free agency. Penningtion is available, but he is getting old. I say we take a shot at a qb first round. Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, Pike, Clausen are all QB's with a lot of potential.

FWIW - As some of you know, I now live in Miami and am a Canes fan. A friend of mine played college ball at Brown with the Canes' OC, Whipple. Prior to the Georgia Tech game, Whipple could not say enough about Morgan. I made it a point to watch him during that game. He is a monster. I have no idea how well he will do on the next level, but he certainly is a great college player.

Bold

We can build the o-line via free agency, but it is very unlikely that we will get a franchise QB in free agency. Penningtion is available, but he is getting old. I say we take a shot at a qb first round. Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, Pike, Clausen are all QB's with a lot of potential.

I almost think the opposite...I would rather find a QB via free agency (stop gap) and draft our line. Until the line is set, no QB is going to play well behind what we have. Start with the line, then look for the franchise QB.

I think it sucks that we are going to pay more for a LT in the draft (assuming first round) than it would have cost to keep Peters.

I almost think the opposite...I would rather find a QB via free agency (stop gap) and draft our line. Until the line is set, no QB is going to play well behind what we have. Start with the line, then look for the franchise QB.

I think it sucks that we are going to pay more for a LT in the draft (assuming first round) than it would have cost to keep Peters.

If we draft a LT 6-10th overall its not going to cost as much as Peters would have BUT it will be really close (Especially if we pick 6th or 7th). However Peters while a above average LT isn't worth what he is getting paid. I don't mean to turn this into a Peters thread but lets say we draft Bruce Campbell or Anthony Davis in round 1 I think that if they end up fulfilling around their potential they will likely be better then Peters.

Peters is a great run blocker but couple that with injury issues (Guy seems to sit out for a few games a year and sometimes when he plays he looks greatly effected by the injury) and Peters inconsistencies (Especially his last season in Buffalo and this year in Philly) in pass blocking (Not to mention questions about his ability to grasp complex schemes) and the whole of what Peters is just isn't worth what he is being paid and for what we got for him it wasn't a terrible deal for Buffalo.

So if we draft a LT in round 1 this season (Please be Bruce Campbell) I think that the sentiment from this board (And ESPN) will have probably been well they should have just kept Peters. BUT for me I think that if we get a guy better then Peters it would have been worth it to trade Peters and draft a LT to replace him.

However I am with you as far as the philosophy of signing a guy like Chad Pennington to anchor the QB position for 1 year and drafting a LT round 1 and helping out the front 7 in round 2. No QB is going to be successful here without a good O-line and the biggest need across our line happens to be the most important position along the O-line.

Morgan is a monster. He is extremely disruptive and plays the run real well. I'm kinda torn as to who I think is going to be the better pro prospect: him or Griffin from USC.

I guess a lot of it will depend on what Schobel will do in the offseason along with if we keep the 4-3 or not. As much as I would like the Bills to draft a QB in round 1, I think it will more likely be DL, LB, or OT.

If we draft a LT 6-10th overall its not going to cost as much as Peters would have BUT it will be really close (Especially if we pick 6th or 7th). However Peters while a above average LT isn't worth what he is getting paid. I don't mean to turn this into a Peters thread but lets say we draft Bruce Campbell or Anthony Davis in round 1 I think that if they end up fulfilling around their potential they will likely be better then Peters.

Peters is a great run blocker but couple that with injury issues (Guy seems to sit out for a few games a year and sometimes when he plays he looks greatly effected by the injury) and Peters inconsistencies (Especially his last season in Buffalo and this year in Philly) in pass blocking (Not to mention questions about his ability to grasp complex schemes) and the whole of what Peters is just isn't worth what he is being paid and for what we got for him it wasn't a terrible deal for Buffalo.

So if we draft a LT in round 1 this season (Please be Bruce Campbell) I think that the sentiment from this board (And ESPN) will have probably been well they should have just kept Peters. BUT for me I think that if we get a guy better then Peters it would have been worth it to trade Peters and draft a LT to replace him.

However I am with you as far as the philosophy of signing a guy like Chad Pennington to anchor the QB position for 1 year and drafting a LT round 1 and helping out the front 7 in round 2. No QB is going to be successful here without a good O-line and the biggest need across our line happens to be the most important position along the O-line.

Good point. I just hate that we are still trying to plug the same holes. How many picks have we used to get a QB or OL? I hope Nix gets it right this draft, we need several starters...and no more Maybins (2-3 yr projects)

If I were the Bills GM I'd pull a Ditka and trade the Bills first 3-4 picks to St Louis in order to draft the manster.

I would go after the best LT free agent and draft a LT just to be sure.

Also, I'd beg Rusty Jones to rejoin the Bills as head trainer, lord this team needs help in the injury dept.