NBA teammates draw guns on each other in locker room

Phlegm Alley

This is the BEST Sports Story in the history of the world. They bring guns WITH them into the locker room!!! Why?!?! In case a reporter gets out of line?

REPORTER: "Gilbert, they were double teaming you all night, how did that affect your shot?"

GILBERT ARENAS: "What'd you say motherf*%^er? My shot is perfect! Let me show you!"

Jesus. And it was on CHRISTMAS EVE! How much funnier could you get? I LOVE it.

Bernard McGuirk on the Imus radio show used to call NBA players "carjackers in shorts."

McGuirk is the funniest guy I have ever heard on radio. He was hysterical on the Imus show in its pre-PC days.

I thought athletes only carry guns to protect themselves from the crazy public.

There sure were a lot of posters defending Plaxico with that ridiculous logic. Don't see any of them here.

McGuirk is the funniest guy I have ever heard on radio. He was hysterical on the Imus show in its pre-PC days.

There sure were a lot of posters defending Plaxico with that ridiculous logic. Don't see any of them here.

PS Arenas has since stated that story from the NY Post was a flat out lie and slander and that he was going to sue the paper for such...

before you pass judgment, collect all the facts. Clearly the story isn't as simple as what it has been made to appear on this board because if was was a cut and dry as initial reports there would be no need for further investigation in order to begin a punishment.

link

After CBSSports.com broke the story of the league’s investigation into Arenas’ gun possession on Dec. 24, the Wizards issued a statement saying Arenas had stored three unloaded firearms in a locked box inside his Verizon Center locker. Arenas has said he removed the guns from his home to keep them away from his three young children.

Yeah, looks like slander to me. Are you his mother or attorney?

111 million/6 years and you need to keep them in your locker so the kids can't get at them?

Wow

PS Arenas has since stated that story from the NY Post was a flat out lie and slander and that he was going to sue the paper for such...

Oh, well as long as Arenas cleared things up. I'm sure his settlement against the Post will be huge. :bag:

before you pass judgment, collect all the facts. Clearly the story isn't as simple as what it has been made to appear on this board because if was was a cut and dry as initial reports there would be no need for further investigation in order to begin a punishment.

Uh huh. Believe whatever brand of the truth you want. The story is never simple when it comes to pro athletes, celebrities, and politicians. The media just decided that Arenas and Crittenton would be great targets that night. I eagelry await the lawsuit.

Of course an investigation is in order. The vast majority of people who witnessed this event have alot to protect. The teams star player already has a gun charge and just had to explain why he had a small arsenal in his locker. Which was another stellar "the story isn't as simple" situation. Oh and the NBA would love to cooperate with authorities especially when the notion of gambling is involved. David Stern must be loving the thought of punishing these thugs and drawing the bright lights towards the G word again.

I'm just making sure both sides of the story are reported until a definitive conclusion can be made...seems like people are anti-NBA in this thread but you must realize that ALL professional sports have bad incidents the wish didn't happen and most often just get swept under the rug. You don't have to like basketball....

Ok, now change that team name back to the Washington Bullets

:lol:

If this is true (The fact that Arena's had three guns in the locker room makes it look more likely to be true, IMO) then proving it will be very difficult. I'm sure that anybody who witnessed this will refuse to cooperate.