Some things I have liked about Nix so far..

DarthICE

In his CB interview he singled out QB and how important a strong arm was to cut through the winds. Well that cuts out anyone on this roster.

He addressed the fact that the way the Colts are built isn't the way we should be built. THANK GOD! Enough of this smallish BS. I loved how he smiled when he said something to the effect of how they were built in SD was able to beat the Colts 'speed team'. :-)

Alright I admit it, I was wrong to have a knee jerk reaction to the Nix hiring and I should give him a fair shot. I have to admit Ralph has me so jaded in anything he does that it is hard not to knee jerk at most of the things Ralph pulls. So I appoligize for running off at the mouth last night.

That said, Who he hires as a HC and even more important...how he handles the QB situation will tell us everything about him we need to know. Not one of our QB's is starting talent in the NFL nor do they have the arm needed for our stadium. It will be an interesting few months coming up. I hope this guy is the one to finally get it right.

Happy New year all

Agreed.

We also need to see what Ralph lets him do. Sounds like he understands that you need to pay for some quality depth and coaching - something Ralph has not wanted to do for about a decade. The talk is great, and he certainly seems to get it, but you need to be able to implement it. I'm very cautiously optimistic.

In his CB interview he singled out QB and how important a strong arm was to cut through the winds. Well that cuts out anyone on this roster.

He addressed the fact that the way the Colts are built isn't the way we should be built. THANK GOD! Enough of this smallish BS. I loved how he smiled when he said something to the effect of how they were built in SD was able to beat the Colts 'speed team'. :-)

Alright I admit it, I was wrong to have a knee jerk reaction to the Nix hiring and I should give him a fair shot. I have to admit Ralph has me so jaded in anything he does that it is hard not to knee jerk at most of the things Ralph pulls. So I appoligize for running off at the mouth last night.

That said, Who he hires as a HC and even more important...how he handles the QB situation will tell us everything about him we need to know. Not one of our QB's is starting talent in the NFL nor do they have the arm needed for our stadium. It will be an interesting few months coming up. I hope this guy is the one to finally get it right.

Happy New year all

It isn't often I read a post like this around here. There is a stunning lack of contrition by many. Given our recent history, I don't blame anyone a bit for being cynical of RW's motives and actions. But I've always taken a wait and see approach. I remember more than a few disgruntled fans when Polian was promoted. I wonder what TSW would have been like had it existed back then. The simple fact is football is a quirky game and you just never know what's going to happen. That's part of what makes the ride so thrilling.

Happy New year to you as well, DI.

GO BILLS!!!

I also think Nix kinda let the cat out of the bag so to speak. He seemed to indicate whomever they bring in first to interview is their first choice. Now I may have mis understood but he said something like 'if a guy is 5th on your list then he is 5th'. And he did say the interview process can end before they finish the list.

Happy New year all

:censored:

And by the way, congrats to your Sooners for pulling off a nice victory yesterday against Stanford. :thumbsup:

Happy New year all

Solid post.

Happy New year all

A well constructed and positive post Darth - good job. And I liked the way you stated "how he handles the QB situation will tell us everything about him we need to know" - but I would place more importance on how he handles the O-line 1st, D-line 2nd and QB - 3rd. I'll tell you why I say this - everything begins and ends with the play of O-line and the D-line - if they are top-shelf then you will win more games than you will lose - especially in the playoffs. Yes we do need a QB and we need a franchise QB - but they do not come along everyday. If we can get a good one with a strong arm and a leader -with a top shelf O-line - our offensive problems will be greatly diminished.

I didn't like when Buddy described the process that occurred which resulted in his hiring - I think he said it all came together in 6-8 days - implying that the selection was made in typical Bills fashion (i.e. stumbling upon it, like they stumbled upon TO when their real free agent WR target became unavailable), but maybe we'll get lucky here.

PS: I think Polian and his crew did just fine with the Colts. :-)

If you want to buy in, go for it. I ain't buying in to the same ole BS. At this point, Buddy is saying all the right things. The problem is, everyone's been measuring there remarks in this organization for many years and saying the right things... thus the steady tix sales. When are they going to start "DOING" the right things? When I see that, I just might be inclined to order up a tall glass of that koolaid.

I'm gonna drive 3 hours one way and freeze my ass off Sunday, and it's my last game til I see real progress.

If you want to buy in, go for it. I ain't buying in to the same ole BS. At this point, Buddy is saying all the right things. The problem is, everyone's been measuring there remarks in this organization for many years and saying the right things... thus the steady tix sales. When are they going to start "DOING" the right things? When I see that, I just might be inclined to order up a tall glass of that koolaid.

I'm gonna drive 3 hours one way and freeze my ass off Sunday, and it's my last game til I see real progress.

Hey I am with you, I am just going to see what he does before I go ahead and make a decision. We MUST find a QB period and we will see how that goes. If he goes with the limp wristed girls we have now, then he shows me he isn't the guy for the job.

Happy New year all

Speaking for myself, I accept your apology.

The apology was unexpected but also necessary...I had nearly put you on ignore after last night's "performance."

By apologizing, you immediately leap ahead of many posters here who can't apologize, or can't admit that they were wrong, or who seem to think that name calling is an acceptable behavior when you simply disagree with someone else. A sincere apology greatly forgives less than stellar behavior.

You should be lauded. And I tip my throwback Buffalo Bills cap to you.

The apology was unexpected but also necessary...I had nearly put you on ignore after last night's "performance."

By apologizing, you immediately leap ahead of many posters here who can't apologize, or can't admit that they were wrong, or who seem to think that name calling is an acceptable behavior when you simply disagree with someone else. A sincere apology greatly forgives less than stellar behavior.

Same here. A little rationality will get you far around here Darth. :censored:

Thanks man. Here is to you and yours having a great 2010

I dont think any of us are the same people on these boards that we were five years ago......I have gone from one of the biggest homers to one cynical non believing basturd....:(

To me it will say a lot about the REAL state of things if Nix says the right things like he is doing but then it doesn't happen........that will mean only one thing to me. Ralph is still holding the puppet strings and wont release them.

I am taking a cautiously optomistic approach that Ralph might be seeing his way doesn't work.....and let the correct people do their jobs correctly.