Excellent Nix interview

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that people are complaining that this team isn't built for Buffalo weather, when in fact they are losing in any type of weather. So, it really doesn't matter at this point. Complaining about a team that can't win in the snow doesn't matter if they can't when in the sun, or an overcast day.

That's exactly right. This team has no identity - unless it's the Pillsbury Doughboy.

:(:thumbsup::lol:
I think he has liked the hiring and thought it was a disaster all in a matter of 20 minutes.

I like what I hear so far from Buddy, Indy and their fans fear playing SD. I just hope he brings the sort of hard nosed coach that its going to take to whip this group into shape and bring in a more physical dominant defense like we saw in the championship seasons ( that's the AFL championship teams not the SB teams ).

Decent interview, though not much different from the PC.

I will say, I like the common sense/pragmatic approach he wants to bring. And he is very on point with regards to the lack of continuity regarding the offensive/defensive approaches of the Bills.

That being said, I'm not entirely sold on him. Common sense alone will not help the Bills. Creative thinking needs to be a huge part of the approach. They need someone who can not only identify talent, but who has a vision. I don't get the sense that Nix has much of a vision. And I still can't get over the fact that he is 70 years old and has yet to be employed as a GM. That comes off as very suspect IMO.

The problem is that people are complaining that this team isn't built for Buffalo weather, when in fact they are losing in any type of weather. So, it really doesn't matter at this point. Complaining about a team that can't win in the snow doesn't matter if they can't win in the sun, or an overcast day.

Right. The Bills are built to lose in all climates!

I like any commitment to toughness. That backs up a HC-recruiting philosophy that hopefully will go after a tough guy. I wouldn't be shocked (as many have said) to see Haslett land here. Not sure how Jim fits into the teaching mold but he seems like a tougher sort of HC.

Nix says all the right things, that's for sure. I'm excited which is a nice change.

- He finds the Bills' high injury rate of the past couple of seasons to be troubling and will look for solutions if there is a problem

Here is an easy one....get rid of your strength and conditioning coach, call Rusty Jones back, hire a coach who demands the players come back to mini camp in fantastic shape, no poor conditioning allowed, demand dedication and self-discipline or you are outta here. No more club Jauron's fluff and puff camps...pads on and hitting"

Anything less than laughter at how Ralph predictably promoted an unknown septuagenarian from within seems inappropriate.

Your (offensive) avatar fits your posts. Buddy Nix is far from "unknown," at least to people who know the team, as well as the league.