Tim Graham "Could Nix sway Schottenheimer to Bills?"

Fingon

That is the way that I interpreted it and, I think, the way that Buddy intended it.

If I still had my season tix...I would def bring a sign trying to woo Cowher...Would love to see the stadium rocking for Bill C like we did for TKO years ago....

It seems like Buddy does know what needs to be fixed - "...it's hard to throw a football when you're on your back."

I was impressed with how he and Ralph really went after the internet boards :worthy: with all the talk of the football guy and not just a ticket/marketing guy...You can tell Buddy is a football guy, he is still gonna go see players, watch film, etc...How long has it been since we had that - let alone with someone who has a track record...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I still had my season tix...I would def bring a sign trying to woo Cowher...Would love to see the stadium rocking for Bill C like we did for TKO years ago....

It seems like Buddy does know what needs to be fixed - "...it's hard to throw a football when you're on your back."

I was impressed with how he and Ralph really went after the internet boards :worthy: with all the talk of the football guy and not just a ticket/marketing guy...You can tell Buddy is a football guy, he is still gonna go see players, watch film, etc...How long has it been since we had that - let alone with someone who has a track record...

I have to think Modrak is done

I have to think Modrak is done

I would say definately John Guy...our FA acquisitions have not panned out for every hit, there arte a ton of misses....

Modrak had a lot of success in Philly, am not sure why that didn't translate here...whether he was overruled by DJ or what not during the draft...

That "team"would be the Seattle Seahawks.I just hope Cowher isnt using us as leverage

Of Course, He's using us as leverage. If He does not want to be here, why wouldn't he. It's common sense. But I tend to believe he is looking for the best opportunity. Ounce he knows where he wants to go, he will pit teams against each other to get the right price he wants. He's a smart guy. no matter where he goes, he will get top dollar.

marty got fired after going 14-2........i think most of us would be happy with that record.

also had a hell of a lot better talent than we do plus a QB. we have no QB, no OT, No LB, limited WR after TO leave, it Lee Evans and no one

not very good outlook

Marty comes in as HC hires his son Brian to be OC and assistant HC to take over when pops retires....if that happens, it would be hard to call this anything other than a great move.

Ray, I couldn't agree more!!! Marty Schottenheimer knows how to coach football teams. His teams win football games, and it is no accident. There have been better coaches, but none more suited to right this ship imo.

Is this a recent quote from Nix?

From today's PC.

On a timetable to see results:

BN: All I can tell you is this, I want to see the thing start going in the right direction. I can’t tell you we are going to the playoffs in a year or two years, but we should be headed there, and soon. I don’t know about rebuilding, it can be done if we hit on the right coach and our quarterbacks, there are three out there that have talent, if they can get better. You have to remember, everybody blames the quarterback, but you have to have some protection. It’s hard to throw from lying on your back. A lot of times that is the case we had and you lose your confidence. A new staff, giving him protection that might bring the confidence back. And I hope it does, because they have talent.

From today's PC.

Thanks Lori. This truly is wonderful news. Could we finally have a GM who understands what is wrong here AND can evaluate talent?

I read posts about how the NFL has become a "passing league," and while I agree to even a large extent, I will always think that Buffalo is a bit of a throwback. Imo, the Bills, even in the superbowl years were hampered by a lack of dominance on the LOS. An exception was the DL during the Wade years, but even then the OL was SO bad that this great defense would seem to tire.

My point is that we are in desperate need of a GM who can judge talent, AND understands what it is like to play in Buffalo. I'm pretty happy right about now.

Thanks Lori. This truly is wonderful news. Could we finally have a GM who understands what is wrong here AND can evaluate talent?

I read posts about how the NFL has become a "passing league," and while I agree to even a large extent, I will always think that Buffalo is a bit of a throwback. Imo, the Bills, even in the superbowl years were hampered by a lack of dominance on the LOS. An exception was the DL during the Wade years, but even then the OL was SO bad that this great defense would seem to tire.

My point is that we are in desperate need of a GM who can judge talent, AND understands what it is like to play in Buffalo. I'm pretty happy right about now.

People suffer short term memory loss. Last year, the Dolphins used the wildcat and the running game to win our division. The Titans had the best record in football. The Ravens pounded the rock into the playoffs. The Falcons rode Burner Turner. The Vikings rode Adrian Peterson to the playoffs. The Giants had the #1 running game in the NFL and the Patriots #6.

i would love it if could land Marty. i would be ok with landing cowher. I think either one would be HUGE upgrades for our franchise. I love the idea of a Marty and Buddy combo leading our team to a SB victory.

Marty proves he can finally win the BIG game, and the long suffering fans from Buffalo finally get their championship.

Fairy tale ending.

People suffer short term memory loss. Last year, the Dolphins used the wildcat and the running game to win our division. The Titans had the best record in football. The Ravens pounded the rock into the playoffs. The Falcons rode Burner Turner. The Vikings rode Adrian Peterson to the playoffs. The Giants had the #1 running game in the NFL and the Patriots #6.

Most of the teams you mention also have a lot of games in cold weather. Even the phish have to travel north. It makes a difference, ya know?

Most of the teams you mention also have a lot of games in cold weather. Even the phish have to travel north. It makes a difference, ya know?

There is more than one way to build a successful football team. The Dick Levy approach gives every indication that they were trying to recreate the Indianapolis Colts in Buffalo. Not a bad model, Levy is friends with Polian and the Colts are the winningest team of the decade. Unfortunately, it ignored that the Bills are not a dome team and the likelihood of having a QB with a football mind equal to the best coaches in the game, the throwing ability of Dan Marino, and the leadership and charisma of Roger Staubach fall out of the sky was nil.

There is more than one way to build a successful football team. The Dick Levy approach gives every indication that they were trying to recreate the Indianapolis Colts in Buffalo. Not a bad model, Levy is friends with Polian and the Colts are the winningest team of the decade. Unfortunately, it ignored that the Bills are not a dome team and the likelihood of having a QB with a football mind equal to the best coaches in the game, the throwing ability of Dan Marino, and the leadership and charisma of Roger Staubach fall out of the sky was nil.

Yes, and they focused on the secondary at the expense of every other unit on the team, in a climate where throwing is more difficult than perhaps anywhere else in the NFL. I have been to games in October at RWS where throwing was all but a moot point.

I am hoping that Nix is too much of a football man to continue with this sheer lunacy