Each of our last five coaches had

bigbillsfan12

Will these Bills type losses end with the hiring of a big time coach or does the Buffalo curse over ride any good furtune that they have had in the past?

Marv Levy - Wide Right (along with the other 3 SB blowouts)

Wade Phillips - Music City Miracle

Greg Williams - (am at a loss right now, but I know he has one too)

Mike Mularkey - Loss to 3rd string Steelers for playoff spot

Dick Jauron - Monday Night Cowboys or Patriots* losses (along with many others)

Question is can any coach that has had a career where they have always been on the side of the field with all the lucky bounces continue that trend standing on the Bills sideline?

The curse has been proven to be very hard to break.

Will these Bills type losses end with the hiring of a big time coach or does the Buffalo curse over ride any good furtune that they have had in the past?

Marv Levy - Wide Right (along with the other 3 SB blowouts)

Wade Phillips - Music City Miracle

Greg Williams - (am at a loss right now, but I know he has one too)

Dick Jauron - Monday Night Cowboys or Patriots* losses (along with many others)

Question is can any coach that has had a career where they have always been on the side of the field with all the lucky bounces continue that trend standing on the Bills sideline?

The curse has been proven to be very hard to break.

For Jauron the Monday night loss to the Cowboys stands out more than the Patsies* losses - maybe because i have become numb to the fact that Bellicheat always outcoached the walking dead one.

Not really fair to lump Marv and Wade with the others. Even their signature failure moments happened in the SB and playoffs! There were a lot of great successful moments leading up to those memorable games (and even in those games), especially with Marv.

Of those other idiots, only Mularkey even got a tiny whiff of a chance of making the post-season.

For Jauron the Monday night loss to the Cowboys stands out more than the Patsies* losses - maybe because i have become numb to the fact that Bellicheat always outcoached the walking dead one.

For Jauron, you could probably list his entire time here.

The last 2 Cleveland Brown games, especially this years (truly, how the hell do you lose to a team that completes only 2 passes for 23 yards?).

Even in a "win" or a preseason game, Jauron's "Signature of Stupidity" was prevalent.

I am so glad that Rich Kotite clone is gone.

Not really fair to lump Marv and Wade with the others. Even their signature failure moments happened in the SB and playoffs! There were a lot of great successful moments leading up to those memorable games (and even in those games), especially with Marv.

Of those other idiots, only Mularkey even got a tiny whiff of a chance of making the post-season.

I definatly wouldn't put Marv and Wade together in any other way with the last three turds. It's just that no matter what, there are those moments in games (in some cases entire games) that no other team could so consistantly lose on such a grand scale that links them all together.

It remains a constant over the years that this team can astound you at times by the way that they manage to lose critical games.

For Gregg Williams it was the loss at home vs Houston, when someone on the Bills sideline (probably Gregg) accepted the penalty that gave Houston another down & time enough to keep the ball long enough for the clock to hit 0:00. If he had declined the penalty, we get the ball back before the end of the game. London Fletcher was on the field waving his hands to decline the penalty screaming something like no no no!

Agreed. With Marv, it didn't matter if the Bills were behind, you knew they would find a way to come back and win. These past 10 years, if the Bills were behind, or ahead, you knew they'd find a way to lose.

Again, the Steelers were not starting their 3rd string players. They played their entire starting OL. Their "backup" running back was Willie Parker - who turned out to actually be their starter. I believe their defense had several key starters as well, but I can't remember the specifics.

This "loss to 3rd string Steelers" line seems to be growing in popularity - despite the fact that it's wrong. It's just like the season where someone in the media said, "The Bills have passed the ball on 3rd and less than two 75 straight times," and folks here took that as gospel, even though it was NOT true.