Bills Draft Pick

LABills08

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McClain should be the pick, hands down, if he's on the board. At 6'4" and almost 260lbs can run with any TE in the league, sheds blocks easily, and punishes ball carriers . You people hell bent on taking only an OT or a QB in Round 1 would have us back in the same position next year. We missed out Willis a couple of years ago by one pick and I hope that doesn't happen again here with McClain.

This.

If McClain and McCoy are both on the board, who do you take?

Good question. If McCoy is still on the board when we pick then I'd be happy with either although I think We are closer to being set on the DL then we are at LB so I think McClain would be my choice. Although it would be VERY hard to pass up McCoy. I guess it depends on the scheme we'll be running because McCoy is built for a 4-3 and we may or may not be running that next year.

NO FREAKING WAY! We better take either the best LT or QB on the board...period! Now we do need quality LB's but we can get a good one in rounds 3-6. We need to address our lines and QB first. McClain is great but not this year with our line and quarterback needs.

WAY...McClain is the man here. We have the 31st ranked run defense. That means a front 7 upgrade. There is no great QB in the draft this year (that has declared themselves eligible) and if there was will they be there at 8 or 9. We are talking a 2-3 year project. Our number one pick needs to contribute now. This guy is the real deal. Look at the impact of Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis on a defense. This is who he is being compared with. He will be there for the next 10 years.

I agree we need to address the QB and LT position. We can do this in round 2 and 3. We are going to have to approach these needs in free agency anyway in order to be a winner next year. Next year's starting qb and one of the OT positions should be acquired through free agency.

WAY...McClain is the man here. We have the 31st ranked run defense. That means a front 7 upgrade. There is no great QB in the draft this year (that has declared themselves eligible) and if there was will they be there at 8 or 9. We are talking a 2-3 year project. Our number one pick needs to contribute now. This guy is the real deal. Look at the impact of Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis on a defense. This is who he is being compared with. He will be there for the next 10 years.

I agree we need to address the QB and LT position. We can do this in round 2 and 3. We are going to have to approach these needs in free agency anyway in order to be a winner next year. Next year's starting qb and one of the OT positions should be acquired through free agency.

Wow another one with a head on his shoulders. I thought I was one of only a few that thought McClain was a perfect fit for our needs PLUS he should be there when we draft. It's fate. Move Poz to the outside with Mitchell and McClain in the middle if we decide to stay with the 43.

It gives us a shot at McClain. IMO ILB is just as much a need as any add on top of that if we go OT or QB in that range we are getting eiter the second or third best at those positions. McClain gives us the best at his. He could be a Patrick Willis type LB of the future for us.

They need a starting LT more than they need a MLB, if they wait until the second round for the tackle they could wind up with the 7th or 8th best at that position.

They need a starting LT more than they need a MLB, if they wait until the second round for the tackle they could wind up with the 7th or 8th best at that position.

I understand that and agree, where you and I differ in opinion is that I think it's more important to the franchise to get a franchise MLB who has the potential to be one of the best at his position as opposed to the second or third best OT out there. Now if somehow Okung falls to us then I say grab him. He is to the OT position what McClain is to the ILB one. My point is this: We can have THE TOP PLAYER AT A POSITION OF NEED. How can you pass that up?

Pretty unfortunate. It is pretty clear the Bills are one of the top 5 worst teams in the league. I'm not one to root against them (history has proven that bad teams who end the season on a high note generally start the next season well), but as matter of fact, the Bills should not be drafting anywhere higher than 7 in my opinion. But, I have a feeling that w/ the Colts resting up on Sunday and the Bills being the Bills, they will end up drafting towards the back end of the 7-10 range.

Link

Would you care to back that up with any, you know, evidence?

Those numbers already factor in Week 16 opponents.

Browns are 1.5 point favorites and have won three in a row. Game's in Cleveland, and I don't see a team from Florida that motivated to play in the cold.

Yes, but it doesn't have the opponent's game 16 results yet. It's possible that could change the SOS rankings.

Pretty unfortunate. It is pretty clear the Bills are one of the top 5 worst teams in the league. I'm not one to root against them (history has proven that bad teams who end the season on a high note generally start the next season well), but as matter of fact, the Bills should not be drafting anywhere higher than 7 in my opinion. But, I have a feeling that w/ the Colts resting up on Sunday and the Bills being the Bills, they will end up drafting towards the back end of the 7-10 range.

Link

I've heard of that same correlation being thrown around. If I had to guess at an explanation, my guess would be that the teams in question tend to have new players/new coaching systems/etc., being installed, which over the first half of the season causes disruption and lost games. But then over the second half of the season, the new (often rookie) players figure out what they're doing and start playing better, the team adjusts to the new coaching system or whatever, and the wins start coming. What you want here is not the surface correlation (of winning games late in the season) but the underlying cause (good, young players who are learning their craft, and a solid coaching scheme to which players have become adjusted).

Whether the Bills win or lose to the Colts has little if anything to do with any of that. The only thing that matters about that otherwise insignificant game is draft position. So we're better off losing it than winning it. But losing that game is of secondary importance to finding the right general manager and head coach!

Who's the best Safety available at the 7 spot?

Quick - I got a friend Bill that wants to know.

Here he is, or so they say. I think that there is another strong prospct at USC.

If this kid is better than Ronnie Lott in his prime, I still wouldn't want him because the Bills are a small, weak team. And if he is THAT great and available when we select, a tradedown would be the thing to do.

10th only Oakland and Chicago's pick given to Denver can surpass us. If we loose we will get the 9th-6th pick depending on what Oakland, Seattle, and Cleveland do. The best we can get is 6th the worst 10th.

Thanks Bro. :censored: Info like this is part of what has kept me coming here for more than a decade. I really do appreciate this.

Count me as one who doesn't care so much about the slot. An earlier one would obviously be better, but it all really does depend on the Bills doing things right. Our needs on the OL and front 7 are so pronounced that there will certainly be a player at one of those slots who can help us. I won't give up because I cannot.

Thanks again!

Dick is gone and hopefully he took his DB fetish with him

I wouldn't count your chickens before they're hatched! :censored: Before becoming interim head coach, Perry Fewell was a defensive coordinator. Before becoming defensive coordinator, he was a secondary coach. Before becoming secondary coach, he was a DB in the NFL.

Just like Jauron.

Jauron may be gone, but his ghost pervades One Bills Drive. The only way to exorcise that ghost, and to free this team from the curse of its over-emphasis on the secondary, is to cleanse it of nearly everyone associated with either Levy or Jauron. Including Guy, Modrak, and Fewell.

I understand that and agree, where you and I differ in opinion is that I think it's more important to the franchise to get a franchise MLB who has the potential to be one of the best at his position as opposed to the second or third best OT out there. Now if somehow Okung falls to us then I say grab him. He is to the OT position what McClain is to the ILB one. My point is this: We can have THE TOP PLAYER AT A POSITION OF NEED. How can you pass that up?

Right on! I doubt Okung falls to us, but if he does I would jump on it, if not McClain would be the logical choice, although he doesn't have the speed of a Willis, he would be more physical. And to all you posters mocking all the DB picks of the past, does any one want to return Byrd for a refund????? I thought not! Congrats to the kid, and to the FO for actually bringing in a probowler.