Bills Draft Pick

LABills08

if cowher is the hc then mcclain will be the pick. if weis is the hc then clausen will be the target.....

I agree. Though, despite recent revelations, I would be amazed if we pull in Cowher.

My pick would be McClain, just because I think he is the top defensive player available in the draft that isn't named Suh.

In the end, it will all depend on who is hired. But, regardless of what the Bills SHOULD do, it will be very hard for them to pass up an offensive lineman or a QB who falls to them.

BTW, does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion the Bills are going to beat the Colts?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you care to refute this with any evidence?

Perhaps I phrased it wrong. My overall point is that it is generally better for a team to perform well and win games rather than to play poorly and draft in a better position.

I could name you any number of teams who found their footing towards the end of the season, which led to an inspired offseason and an improved season the following year.

OK, go ahead.

Right on! I doubt Okung falls to us, but if he does I would jump on it, if not McClain would be the logical choice, although he doesn't have the speed of a Willis, he would be more physical. And to all you posters mocking all the DB picks of the past, does any one want to return Byrd for a refund????? I thought not! Congrats to the kid, and to the FO for actually bringing in a probowler.

I didn't have any objection to the Byrd pick when it was made, because an early second round pick isn't a terrible place to pick a FS. (Especially when your team needs one.)

But the Whitner pick was different. I felt it was a serious mistake at the time, and I feel that way today. There's no way a team riddled with holes--as the Bills were going into the 2006 draft--should reach for a SS at 8th overall based on "need."

According to the NFL draft value chart, the 8th overall pick is worth 1400 points. The 42nd overall pick (10th in the second round, where we got Byrd) is worth 480 points. I felt that Byrd had a much better chance of bringing 480 points worth of value to this team, than Whitner had of bringing 1400 points of value to us.

Leodis McKelvin was chosen 11th overall, a pick worth 1250 points of value. I didn't like that pick, mostly because we could have gotten out of addressing the CB position at all by giving Jabari Greer an extension. Also, this team has traditionally had the habit of letting its first round CBs go first contract and out. First round picks should be used on guys who will spend the vast majority of their careers with your team, not on guys you plan on letting leave after their first contracts expire.

Right on! I doubt Okung falls to us, but if he does I would jump on it, if not McClain would be the logical choice, although he doesn't have the speed of a Willis, he would be more physical. And to all you posters mocking all the DB picks of the past, does any one want to return Byrd for a refund????? I thought not! Congrats to the kid, and to the FO for actually bringing in a probowler.

The thing about the Byrd pick is that we could have traded it for The Panthers first round pick of 2010. Why do I say this? Because the 49ers made this exact trade AFTER we selected.

Now, if you are asking me if knowing what I know now, would I make this trade? My answer would be probably not BUT, look at what they did with the rest of the draft. 3 of their next 5 picks were defensive backs, although now Nic Harris would qualify as a midget linebacker. They could have taken a shot at a DT, OT, another OG, or a decent sized LB but they must have let Jauron out of a cage at this point.