Positive comments about the Buffalo Bills

BillsfaninFl

Out of respect for those who would have us view the positives associated with the Bills, I start this thread with a sincere request for people to list the upside related to our team.

IMO, we have as good a punting and placekicking duo as anyone in the league.

Great throwbacks. :thumbsup:

Haha, I was going to make some joke about how the red in our helmets matches the red on our uniforms, but all the uniform jokes came in thread's first three posts!

But seriously, barring injuries, the OLine is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, so it doesn't require a total overhaul.

We're really only a stud LB away from having a top 10 defense. Again, barring injuries.

We're totally set at RB, and I'm confident we can find the #2 receiver somewhere on our roster.

With Nelson (and Stupar, for that matter), TE is no longer a need.

We have one of the best secondaries in the league, so no need there. In fact, our biggest problem is too many talented safeties.

The only thing missing is a quarterback. But those are easy to come by. :thumbsup:

Out of respect for those who would have us view the positives associated with the Bills, I start this thread with a sincere request for people to list the upside related to our team.

IMO, we have as good a punting and placekicking duo as anyone in the league.

Agree on the punting and kicking.

Also:

Solid interior offensive line. (we desparately need healthy tackles)

Great defensive secondary.

But seriously, barring injuries, the OLine is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, so it doesn't require a total overhaul.

We're really only a stud LB away from having a top 10 defense. Again, barring injuries.

We're totally set at RB, and I'm confident we can find the #2 receiver somewhere on our roster.

With Nelson (and Stupar, for that matter), TE is no longer a need.

We have one of the best secondaries in the league, so no need there. In fact, our biggest problem is too many talented safeties.

The only thing missing is a quarterback. But those are easy to come by. :thumbsup:

Really? One LB away from a top-10 defense? Wow, I must be watching the wrong games.

I don't want to come across as totally negative, but this defense is not very good. I agree that there

is lots of talen in the secondary (if healthy) with McKelvin, McGee and young Jairus Byrd, but Whitner/Scott/Wilson

at the other safety spot is nothing to write home about (IMHO).

I think DE is still a glaring problem. Kelsay is sort of OK and Schobel is still a decent pass rusher when

healthy and if he doesn't retire. I can't say that Maybin is a bust after one lost year, but his total lack of

playing time in a lost season could lead some to believe that the coaches see absolutely nothing in him.

I think two new starting LBs are needed - unless the team goes to a 3-4 then maybe 3 new ones. Kawika

Mitchell might be adequate at one OLB, but Ellison/Harris/Scott/whoever else has played there are not answers

on bottom third NFL defense let alone a top-10 D.

If Stroud can stay healthy, they may be OK at DT, but you have to wonder if the DTs had some part in the

woeful run D.

What I really like:

Eric Wood

Jairus Byrd

Brian Moorman

Rian Lindell

What I like:

Fred Jackson

Shawn Nelson

ETA: I love the anticipation of this off season. I have been very sceptical in the past -but for some reason this year, I have a sense the organization is going to take the steps to reorganize this front office and coaching staff. I know that not everyone will be happy when the changes are made, myseld included - by I am excited about the possibilities.

Really? One LB away from a top-10 defense? Wow, I must be watching the wrong games.

I don't want to come across as totally negative, but this defense is not very good. I agree that there

is lots of talen in the secondary (if healthy) with McKelvin, McGee and young Jairus Byrd, but Whitner/Scott/Wilson

at the other safety spot is nothing to write home about (IMHO).

I think DE is still a glaring problem. Kelsay is sort of OK and Schobel is still a decent pass rusher when

healthy and if he doesn't retire. I can't say that Maybin is a bust after one lost year, but his total lack of

playing time in a lost season could lead some to believe that the coaches see absolutely nothing in him.

I think two new starting LBs are needed - unless the team goes to a 3-4 then maybe 3 new ones. Kawika

Mitchell might be adequate at one OLB, but Ellison/Harris/Scott/whoever else has played there are not answers

on bottom third NFL defense let alone a top-10 D.

If Stroud can stay healthy, they may be OK at DT, but you have to wonder if the DTs had some part in the

woeful run D.

Given how insanely good our pass defense was, we just need a non-sieve rush defense to be great on D.

I don't want to turn this into a "the pass defense is good because the rush defense sucks" argument. That's wrong, and if you think that's the case, you're wrong. When teams do try to pass against us they do it with little or no success.

Thank you for a positive thread.

I think there is a lot of good on this team. If the players that are actually expected to be on our NFL team are on the field together, we have fewer holes than is commonly assumed.

I believe that Mitchell, while aging, was still all over the effing place, and was only on the field with Poz for half of a game. I think a LB would be a huge help, and with a tweeking of our DL, through adding a physical DE (or 2) and/or another DT, I agree we are top 10.

I like Whitner. I stand alone, or so it feels, but I think he and Byrd give us a formidable safety duo, to go with our wealth of CB's.

Running back is set. Lynch will lose the extra weight, and come back, and in my opinion, leave the new coach with little choice, but to return him to the featured back roll. Jackson is awesome. He is versatile and a hard worker. We are fortunate to have these two.

OL is coming together... I like Incognito...I like him at RG, Wood to C, Levitre at LG, and I hope Butler can stay healthy at RT, because he can be a star there. I hope we can get a proven LT early in FA, so we don't have to draft one early. OL seems to be a position that you need to grab early if you hope for immediate impact, and I would love (read love, love, love) to get McClain in the 1st round.

QB is our glaring weakness, although Brohm looked like a QB. We need to track down a coach that has a proven track-record at developing QBs. I know we probably need to bring in another QB as well, and I always liked TE, but I don't know if he is mentally tough.

Evans needs the ball...I love Lee, and long for the day I get to see a 75 yd TD again....#2 Receiver could be solved internally, but I like grabbing a bigger guy in FA as well. There will be a few out there, there always is.

I am glad we aren't talking about burning all of our gear, or the hopelessness and Kool-Aid, and all the negative crap...this is a refreshing change. Thanks again.

byrd and the secondary seem to be good

kyle williams played out of his mind this year- hope he can carry it to next year

fred jackson emerges as the #1 runningback on the team

we found out trent edwards is not the answer at qb before it was too late(no contract extension)

the biggest upside is that the misery, err season ends next week