Jason Peters is smiling right now

New contract

More money

New team

A team that could win the NFC East title

A team that arguably is the hottest team in the NFC right now

Peters first playoff appearance

.... and all the while, his old team's O-line is a wreck

D. Bell never panned out as an adequate replacement, despite the best hopes of Dick Jauron & Co. (and this after plugging Bell in for Langston Walker, who they initially thought would be an adequate replacement)

Jason Peters = yet another ex-Bill that gets to go to the playoffs (joining Pat Williams, Willis McGahee, etc. etc. etc.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread isn't that bad. Like him or not, Peters represents a lot of what went wrong this year: poor management decisions. JP was our best Olineman. They didn't want to pay him (or L Walker) and traded away an asset. Then compounding the problem , they did not draft a replacement for him with their first pick. We see how great that turned out. Keep JP, draft Wood and Levitre, keep LW at RT and this season may have been very different. Pointing out how terrible of a choice the whole JP fiasco is turning out for the Bills is merely keeping the focus where it belongs: on how this half a$$ed organization needs to change before we can really ever be good again.

The thread isn't that bad. Like him or not, Peters represents a lot of what went wrong this year: poor management decisions. JP was our best Olineman. They didn't want to pay him (or L Walker) and traded away an asset. Then compounding the problem , they did not draft a replacement for him with their first pick. We see how great that turned out. Keep JP, draft Wood and Levitre, keep LW at RT and this season may have been very different. Pointing out how terrible of a choice the whole JP fiasco is turning out for the Bills is merely keeping the focus where it belongs: on how this half a$$ed organization needs to change before we can really ever be good again.

That's the right point. Peters is history. But, the decision making that led up to him being traded is the real question for the Bills. Other than Jauron, all the same people that have been making these decisions are still in place. There is absolutely no question that the decision making being done in the front office is an unmitigated disaster. That structure has gone a long way towards poisoning the well. It's becoming a faded memory that the Bills organization used to be considered one of the truly elite and best in the league.

Stupid. Ass. Thread.

Does Peters play for the Bills? No.

HEY GUYS, I BET (insert player who doesn't play for a bad team) is smiling right now!

'tard

That's the problem, he didn't PLAY for the BILLS when he played for the BILLS. As bad as we are, we're better without him and his insincere hold outs..

think he was smiling when he gave up a sack which McNabb fumbled on in the first quarter?

think the Eagles are smiling about his play this year?

I didn't see the play. Even good OL's get beat. JP starts on a good team. Our Oline is crap. Bills lost that one, I'm afraid.

I didn't see the play. Even good OL's get beat. JP starts on a good team. Our Oline is crap. Bills lost that one, I'm afraid.

if you watched him play this year you would know what i mean...he hasnt played well, gets beat a lot and looks pretty much like he did last year for the Bills

I don't think we have had a good OL this entire decade. I would feel worse if JP was say Pat Williams who wanted to play for the Bills and when he left it really hurt our defensive line middle. When JP was here no one was happy with the OL and he didn't play that great for the Bills the last year after the hold out. As far as JP in Philly, who cares, but I predict he won't play out his whole contract in Philly. He will eventually be released to save cap money. I also predict in the playoffs this year he won't be any overwhelming force.

New contract

More money

New team

A team that could win the NFC East title

A team that arguably is the hottest team in the NFC right now

Peters first playoff appearance

.... and all the while, his old team's O-line is a wreck

D. Bell never panned out as an adequate replacement, despite the best hopes of Dick Jauron & Co. (and this after plugging Bell in for Langston Walker, who they initially thought would be an adequate replacement)

Jason Peters = yet another ex-Bill that gets to go to the playoffs (joining Pat Williams, Willis McGahee, etc. etc. etc.)

Breaking News all football subcontractors smile Moneyday Morning. What's in your Walle$$

Its a bad thread because everything you just said has been said till the horse is glue........

Peters is gone....he is GONE......the mistake wasn't getting rid of Peters it was not making sure a insurance policy was in place.....