When was the last game a Bills QB

Estro

This is a serious question on my part. I know I had seen something like 40 straight games or so earlier this season. If anyone has the answer let me know. In todays passing attack NFL, we have to had set the record. To not have a 300 yard passer in 3+ seasons shows you how bad the QB play has been, but also how bad Dick's offenses were. What an embarrassing and disgusting statistic.

Even Chris Redman threw for over 300 in his first star with the Falcons a couple weeks bad. We need a coaching staff who understands the passing game.

And don't expect to see Brohm throw for over 300, we don't have the coaches on the offensive side of the ball that can compete against others in the NFL.

This is a serious question on my part. I know I had seen something like 40 straight games or so earlier this season. If anyone has the answer let me know. In todays passing attack NFL, we have to had set the record. To not have a 300 yard passer in 3+ seasons shows you how bad the QB play has been, but also how bad Dick's offenses were. What an embarrassing and disgusting statistic.

Even Chris Redman threw for over 300 in his first star with the Falcons a couple weeks bad. We need a coaching staff who understands the passing game.

And don't expect to see Brohm throw for over 300, we don't have the coaches on the offensive side of the ball that can compete against others in the NFL.

Fitz had 297 against Jacksonville and they still lost. I am going to go out on a limb here and say more 300yard passing games come in losses and not wins. The losing team abandons the run and plays catch-up getting a bunch of garbage yards in the end. What did Brady throw for 150 when the Pats beat the Bills again? I am more interested in a QB and offense that executes in the red zone. DJ's offenses up until this year actually moved between the 20's but often failed to get TD's instead settling for FG's. That was the amazing thing about the first game of the season when the Bills scored the TD inside the red zone with the screen play. I know noone expected that. I thought for the briefest of moments - holy crap D. Bell can play LT and AVP may actually be ok at OC. Of course it all went to **** after that...

November, 2006..

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2006.htm

Fitz had 297 against Jacksonville and they still lost. I am going to go out on a limb here and say more 300yard passing games come in losses and not wins. The losing team abandons the run and plays catch-up getting a bunch of garbage yards in the end. What did Brady throw for 150 when the Pats beat the Bills again? I am more interested in a QB and offense that executes in the red zone. DJ's offenses up until this year actually moved between the 20's but often failed to get TD's instead settling for FG's. That was the amazing thing about the first game of the season when the Bills scored the TD inside the red zone with the screen play. I know noone expected that. I thought for the briefest of moments - holy crap D. Bell can play LT and AVP may actually be ok at OC. Of course it all went to **** after that...

But you have to throw the ball effectively in order to win and we can't do that. So you might sort of be right, but not really

Your rationale makes little sense. Of course you can point out examples of teams not throwing for 300 and winning, but I think Brady could throw for 75 yards and still beat the Bills. At some point you need to be able to execute and have the advantage in the passing game if you want to compete for the playoffs and the Bills passing game has been non-existent for 3 years and counting.

In the game Fitz threw for 297 he had about 270 to start the 4th quarter and our inability to connect in the passing game in the 4th quarter cost us that game.

No way to cover up the ineptitude of this offense especially in the passing game.

I am more interested in a QB and offense that executes in the red zone.

That's why you need a franchise QB--to make those tight throws in the redzone. Brady's TD throw to Moss against us was a good example (ball is 4 inches lower and Byrd has a pick); as was Ben R's last-play TD to Wallace against GB last week. Great QB's can make those super difficult throws when the game's on the line.

That's why you need a franchise QB--to make those tight throws in the redzone. Brady's TD throw to Moss against us was a good example (ball is 4 inches lower and Byrd has a pick); as was Ben R's last-play TD to Wallace against GB last week. Great QB's can make those super difficult throws when the game's on the line.

Get no arguement from me on that point. The windows in the NFL are small. That is why Cahd Henne and his big arm may make it in the NFL and Trent's rag arm won't.

Your rationale makes little sense. Of course you can point out examples of teams not throwing for 300 and winning, but I think Brady could throw for 75 yards and still beat the Bills. At some point you need to be able to execute and have the advantage in the passing game if you want to compete for the playoffs and the Bills passing game has been non-existent for 3 years and counting.

In the game Fitz threw for 297 he had about 270 to start the 4th quarter and our inability to connect in the passing game in the 4th quarter cost us that game.

No way to cover up the ineptitude of this offense especially in the passing game.

I agree the passing game has been non-existent but to point to a yardage number as a mark of a good passing offense is meaningless. TD to INT ratio is much more important. The Bills have sucked in that stat as well.

I agree the passing game has been non-existent but to point to a yardage number as a mark of a good passing offense is meaningless. TD to INT ratio is much more important. The Bills have sucked in that stat as well.

I'd take 325 yards, 2 Td's, 1 int. anyday over 145 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. I'd take 350 yards 3 TD, 2 INT, Over 165 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. Your offense has to score points to frequently win games in the NFL.

Some of the best QB's take chances and are bound to throw some picks. If you never take any chances to keep the number of ints. down (see Trent Edwards) your offense has no chance. And to look at Edwards TD/INT ratio given the fact he never takes any chances makes it look even worse.

You don't seem to want to believe it, but the #1 way to assess the effectiveness of your passing game is to look at the average passing yards per game. Let me also add that while the Bills passing yards/GAME has been atrocious so too has their TD/INT ratio. Once you get a QB who can throw for 300 yards once in a while (which many time include big chunks of yards at once resulting in TD's) you also increase the TD/INT ratio.

You are right about one thing: As the teams passing offense comes around you probably will endure more turnovers as a result of interceptions, but you have to take the good with the bad. Kurt Warner is a perfect example. He's going to have some real ugly games, but as a fan of that team at least you get to watch a meaningful game in January.

Once again this teams passing offense is abysmal.

When it comes to offense, it requires you to move the ball forward. i'll take 300 yards any day over any other stat.

The Bills are 40-25 in games where the QB throws for 300 yards.

didn't Anderson throw for 23 yards and beat us.

That game must have easily been up there in the Top 3 of the worst games ever to be played in the NFL. I'm pretty sure I would have rather watched my cousins pee-wee Super Bowl.

I sat through that game and the strike game (87?) when we beat the Giants with like 10 seconds left in overtime 6-3. Not sure which was a wose exhibition of professional football. At least we won the strike game.