Michael Vick Quote

Well at least Vick doesn't lack confidence. In receiving his bravery award he was quoted as saying:

"I've overcome a lot, more than probably one single individual can handle or bear," Vick said. "You ask certain people to walk through my shoes, they probably couldn't do. Probably 95 percent of the people in this world because nobody had to endure what I've been through...."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlines

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least Vick doesn't lack confidence. In receiving his bravery award he was quoted as saying:

"I've overcome a lot, more than probably one single individual can handle or bear," Vick said. "You ask certain people to walk through my shoes, they probably couldn't do. Probably 95 percent of the people in this world because nobody had to endure what I've been through...."

I sure as hell wouldn't want to spend a couple years in a federal prison.

Lets get this straight. Michael Vick did not have to do anything. He chose to endure this through decisions he made. His offender rehab evidently was not very comprehensive. He has no empathy (in this comment) toward his victims - the dogs and fans. It was a thoughtless statement from someone who did not learn the lesson that our justice system desired of him.

I am not looking to string him up for a disembowelment at high noon braveheart style nor am I going to send him a Christmas card. I am simply saying, Michael Vick is another example the rehabilitation system failing. He evidently needed a tougher lesson to learn that he did not have to endure anything. For the same matter, an enlisted soldier in the military chooses to serve his country and does not have to endure anything.

Where has the responsibility gone in our society? According to the Bubba Army, this statement is right in there with the pussification of our country.

(disclaimer: I am a commercial beef farmer and not a crazy fanatical animal lover. I cannot stand PETA, the HSUS or other similar terrorist groups, therefore do not view me as someone attacking him based on an affinity for animals or dogs. While I do love nature, the outdoors and all living things I understand where my food must come from.)

just don't spend 6 years committing vicious crimes and you'll be fine

Lets get this straight. Michael Vick did not have to do anything. He chose to endure this through decisions he made. His offender rehab evidently was not very comprehensive. He has no empathy (in this comment) toward his victims - the dogs and fans. It was a thoughtless statement from someone who did not learn the lesson that our justice system desired of him.

I am not looking to string him up for a disembowelment at high noon braveheart style nor am I going to send him a Christmas card. I am simply saying, Michael Vick is another example the rehabilitation system failing. He evidently needed a tougher lesson to learn that he did not have to endure anything. For the same matter, an enlisted soldier in the military chooses to serve his country and does not have to endure anything.

Where has the responsibility gone in our society? According to the Bubba Army, this statement is right in there with the pussification of our country.

(disclaimer: I am a commercial beef farmer and not a crazy fanatical animal lover. I cannot stand PETA, the HSUS or other similar terrorist groups, therefore do not view me as someone attacking him based on an affinity for animals or dogs. While I do love nature, the outdoors and all living things I understand where my food must come from.)

well said...statements like Vick made show he isn't remorseful for his actions....he places the focus on what he's been through in being punished for his crimes instead of placing the focus on the victims

Well, hopefully you aren't a supporter of factory farms which have any number of issues which we shall not go into here...

I dont understand what people want from vick...you say he hasn't done enuff what the hell more can he do?...what do people want from him...he lost everything....i mean damn what else is there????

A little humility wouldn't hurt.

I dont understand what people want from vick...you say he hasn't done enuff what the hell more can he do?...what do people want from him...he lost everything....i mean damn what else is there????

get out of football so we don't have to watch his crappy play and get reminded every week that he is an idiot for !@#$ing his life up.

He hasn't lost everyhting. Vick will live a more lavish life than you or I will ever know. Most people don't feel bad for him because he has gone through life having no regard for anything or anyone. Even now he makes himself out to be a martyr.

The guy is a piece of garbage who is allowed to do what he wants because we are the all forgiving society.

This is Ye Ole's take on the situation BeastMode...

I don't feel that anyone wants anything from him. It would just be more appropriate that in light of everything, he have a little dose of humility. In light of the fact that he committed a crime and went to federal prison, it might play better to show remorse for it and vocalize the fact that he is trying to be a better person and football player every chance he gets or at least say nothing. It's not going to play extremely well to pound your chest and say "look at what Mike Vick has done... nobody could endure this, just Mike Vick because Mike Vick is the best..." Don't get me wrong, I'm all for free speech and he has the right to say what he wants, and I say God bless him if that's how he feels. Ye Ole' just believes that that won't play well in proving that he can be the leader of a football team again.

No kidding. Thats why they call it prison. It's not like he got a jury notice in the mail; he put himself there.Vick is trash, both professionally and personally, and it embarrasses me as a Bills fan that so many here seem to apologize for him.

just shows how far society has gone downhill :rolleyes:

It still blows my mind that Goodell reinstated him. A Commissioner who was making his mark by being tougher on trouble makers completely reverses course and reinstates a convicted felon. I find it hard to take Goodell seriously anymore to be honest. They really need to take the league back from the lowlifes

Or live in most of Asia, South America, or Africa where those 50 million or so AK-47s are, where machetes fly, and infestation, tyrants, bad water, and little food are the order of the day.

Poor, poor Mike....

Guest dog14787

I sympathize with folks that because of their love for animals they struggle accepting Michael Vick, but he shouldn't have to spend every minute of every day telling folks he's sorry and asking for forgiveness.

You do have to be in Michael Vicks shoes to understand, he went from poster boy of the NFL to federal prison and served a sentence for the crimes he committed. Michael Vicks love for Football gave him inspiration to not just slip way into the night never to be heard from again. Instead Michael Vick earned his way back into the NFL and I'm sure it hasn't been easy.

The fact that his teammates unanimously voted that Michael Vick receive this honor speaks volumes in my opinion...

Well, hopefully you aren't a supporter of factory farms which have any number of issues which we shall not go into here...

It is easy to assume that the people who kill an animal are cruel, thoughtless and evil people. I do understand that, and with a simple search of Factory Farming on google you can see the biased coverage.

I will not go in to great detail, but if you look at the USDA's information regarding a cattle census in 2007 you can see the breakdown of farms. Roughly 30% of these farms are known as small time operations, consisting of less then 200 head. To help understand this the average cow needs only 3 to 3.5 acres to survive if you average out the enviroment of our diverse country. In NC a cow can survive on as little as 1 acres if the forage is managed correctly. Those farms with over 200 head are not found often in the Southeast as commonly as the upper mid west. Land is abundant there and the conditions much more favorable to raise good forage.

Here in NC we have what many people consider a factory type of farm...but it is far from. Please take a look, Baldwin Beef. Mac has been working very hard to produce some of the finest meat in the region. He manages his farm very carefully and much like most farms he uses rules set up by our government to help us save the enviroment.

My point is impossible to make on something I am so passionate about, and excuse me if I vary off. All I am trying to say that the term factory farming is the biggest bunch of fooey since the yellow cake uranium. Our farm is incorporated. Does that make my family and our 30 or so head we currently have an evil thing? I hope not.

Also, for the whole organic thing:

Organic veggies, fruits, etc: Rain is not purified and taints the idea of organically raised due to the fact of toxins being present in every body of water in the world. Also, chicken litter, manure, and other fecal matters are used as fertilizers.

Organic beef: the veggies and fruits above are fed to these animals.

Please remember the Titans game. Remember how Vince Young scrambled for first downs for the entire 2nd half and ran our defense ragged. I want some of that weapon. I would want to have opposing defenses HAVE to gameplan for the run and not focus as much on the pass. A QB spy is one less pass defender.

Assuming that this quote is accurate..........not much seems to have changed with this guy. Same old self centered punk, enamored with the thug life. He's been through what he's been through because of the choices he made. Apparently we're supposed to feel for him. I just spoke with some animal control officers today. According to what they heard from their colleagues involved with the case, Vick and his punk, thug friends used to eliminate the dogs that weren't "good fighters" by throwing them in a pool with electric wires dropped in. After a life of suffering, death by electrocution.

Oh, but I forgot.......they're just dogs. Vick is big star athelete though.

Anything that he's lost has been a direct result of his own poor choices. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. Aside from the fact that I think they let him off easy considering his crimes, he's getting a chance now that most in his shoes never would. How many other convicted felons get a chance to legally earn millions of dollars immediately upon release from prison?

What do I want from Vick? I just wish he'd go crawl back under his rock, never to be heard from again.