If the Redskins don't bring back J Campbell

B Rob

If it is at all possible he is playing behind a worse line than ours.He is a tough verteran QB that fights to stay in games no matter how bad he gets beat up.I have seen him at times control football games when given the chance.The style of offense that the Skins have played under Zorn has not fit what JC is all about.He is a pocket passer with enough mobility to move the chains.The fumbles are a concern but how much of that is to blame on the line he plays behind.The man has a strong arm and is very hard to knock out of games.

Making this move would allow us to adderss the line like we should in the draft .And it also gives this team a veteran QB it has needed.He can win ball games and has the arm to play in Buffalo.Under the right head coach and OC this guy could turn the corner and be the answer at a position Buffalo has not had since Flutie.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
After seeing him tonight how could anyone think Campbell would be an improvement for the Bills? Do people actually watch football when making statements like this?

PTR

You have to admit PTR, Some Bills fans are somewhat deeply disturbed by the QB position around here. We are so used to rooting for QB's with that dazed look about them, Deer in the headlights look as folks call it from time to time.

We just want that Deer to get out of harms way and run, run like the wind,

Yup, deeply disturbed... :oops:

JC is another QB who shows no emotion on the field. The Bills need a Leader on the field who has complete control of this offense and earns the trust of his teammates. The Bills need a fiery leader at the QB, something that is missing since the Flutie days...

JC can throw the ball deep indeed, but often times disappears when needed. The Redskins have a top 5 defense and yet their offense has struggled.

JC is another QB who shows no emotion on the field. The Bills need a Leader on the field who has complete control of this offense and earns the trust of his teammates. The Bills need a fiery leader at the QB, something that is missing since the Flutie days...

JC can throw the ball deep indeed, but often times disappears when needed. The Redskins have a top 5 defense and yet their offense has struggled.

You mean Tebow don't you? :oops:

Campbell is terrible. Just another Rob Johnson or Kyle Boller who has a good strong arm but nothing else. Sorry, but no thanks.

Hard to disagree, but at this point I'd take Campbell, RJ or Boller. Seriously, what are the options for 2010 at QB? They can't seriously think they can live another year with Fitz/Edwards, can they? And they certainly can't put a rookie behind this line and with this coaching staff.

Really, who else is out there? Pennington? Tavaris Jackson? JP? Hell, I'd give Jeff George a tryout!

If it is at all possible he is playing behind a worse line than ours.He is a tough verteran QB that fights to stay in games no matter how bad he gets beat up.I have seen him at times control football games when given the chance.The style of offense that the Skins have played under Zorn has not fit what JC is all about.He is a pocket passer with enough mobility to move the chains.The fumbles are a concern but how much of that is to blame on the line he plays behind.The man has a strong arm and is very hard to knock out of games.

Making this move would allow us to adderss the line like we should in the draft .And it also gives this team a veteran QB it has needed.He can win ball games and has the arm to play in Buffalo.Under the right head coach and OC this guy could turn the corner and be the answer at a position Buffalo has not had since Flutie.

You have lost your mind. Have you seen Campbell play at all over the last 4 years? I live in VA and the Skins are on TV EVERY week. I have watched them play countless times, even though I didn't really want to. He is erratic at best. He does have a strong arm, but is very inaccurate on deep passes. I have seen him consistently overthrow wide open WR's. Santana Moss has great speed and Randle El is pretty fast as well, but he couldn't hit them on the fly. The line in Washington this year is horrible, but it hasn't always been that way. He still hasn't ever been able to get it done. He was benched in favor of Todd Collins two years ago when they actually made a playoff run. He has done nothing and is no better than a journeyman backup in this league. Sadly, he's likely better than anyone we have though. We need a QB who is consistently accurate on every level of throws from the short, to the intermediate, and the deep. We need a leader who can get it done on the field and rally the troops. Campbell is not that guy.

I agree with you somewhat. I also would like to see us bring him in and draft a qb in rounds 3 or 4. Let Brohm, Cambell and rook fight it out. I loved Brohm in college, don't see any other vets that excite me and not real impressed with the top few QB's in the draft.

I'm on board with it. Obviously, he'd be given the chance to win a the short term QB position and not handed the starting spot. Alot of naysayers in the thread but not one of them has come up with a better option.

The best we can hope for going into camp is something like this

Brohm

Campbell

Fitzpatrick

Pike or another rookie QB who we didn't burn a first rounder on

Sorry Bills fans, not alot of options.

Hard to disagree, but at this point I'd take Campbell, RJ or Boller. Seriously, what are the options for 2010 at QB? They can't seriously think they can live another year with Fitz/Edwards, can they? And they certainly can't put a rookie behind this line and with this coaching staff.

Really, who else is out there? Pennington? Tavaris Jackson? JP? Hell, I'd give Jeff George a tryout!

I'd give Tavaris Jackson a shot too.

.....again not many options.

You have lost your mind. Have you seen Campbell play at all over the last 4 years? I live in VA and the Skins are on TV EVERY week. I have watched them play countless times, even though I didn't really want to. He is erratic at best. He does have a strong arm, but is very inaccurate on deep passes. I have seen him consistently overthrow wide open WR's. Santana Moss has great speed and Randle El is pretty fast as well, but he couldn't hit them on the fly. The line in Washington this year is horrible, but it hasn't always been that way. He still hasn't ever been able to get it done. He was benched in favor of Todd Collins two years ago when they actually made a playoff run. He has done nothing and is no better than a journeyman backup in this league. Sadly, he's likely better than anyone we have though. We need a QB who is consistently accurate on every level of throws from the short, to the intermediate, and the deep. We need a leader who can get it done on the field and rally the troops. Campbell is not that guy.

I'm sure you're right on a lot of what you're saying. I did find this interesting: completion pct over last 4 yrs 53.1, 60.0, 62.3, 64.6 and rating 76.5, 77.6, 84.3, 87.0. I know there is more to being a good QB than stats but this is a good sign. I think we need to bring in a vet and just don't see anyone any better.

Meh, de meh, meh, meh.