Incognito

dave mcbride

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"one a cheap shot on Seau"

LOL, he hit him on his shoulder how that was blokcing in the back is beyond me.

He played good for just getting here.

Agreed.

That call was an absolute boner call by a boner ref team.

Had the whistle blown at the point of contact? It was hardly even qualified as a swipe, as it appeared old man Seau was already falling on his own to avoid injury and pull up on the play.

Methinks the refs are watching him because of his reputation. Kind of like when Derek Roy was getting called for diving when he really was getting clobbered. the year before, he was diving and getting the calls in his favor.

Another thing to consider is that interview on 60 minutes 2 weeks ago with the disgraced Ref who was betting on games while he was an official. Now, I don't mean to imply that NFL refs are gambling on games, but in the interview he openly said that the officials would get together before a game, talk about the players, and have personal opinions about how they were going to 'reign in' particular players that they did not like.

I mean, NFL refs for all of their blindness and often biased officiating, are human.

How many times have you seen this happen? It doesn't work this way. Generally speaking, if you want a quality LT you have to draft one very early and keep him in any way possible, be it the franchise tag or a huge contract.

I thought it was interesting that using last years Pro Bowl rosters, of the 21 OL-Men on the rosters, 11 were 1st round picks, 5 were 2nd rounders, and 5 were undrafted.

This is the first time I've ever replied on any board to anything. Dave's opinion on Incognito tells me his eyes aren't working like he thinks they are. He was a mauler I know we all aren't used to seeing our linemen move forward block a defensive lineman and then move on to get a linebacker. The block on Seau was one hand and on the side. The "two hands" in the middle of the back comment first made me raise and eyebrow then followed up with the calls went Buffalo's way singling out Reggie Corner pretty much told me this guys just an idiot.

You're wrong. On the play itself he did actually do what you said he did - hit one guy on the shoulder (ticky tack) - but if you follow the play to the end, as the runner was going down at the sideline he clearly gives another guy (Seau) a shove squarely in the back for no apparent reason given that Seau was out of the play. I taped it, and I know I'm right on this one.

As for Corner's grab of Aiken, are you suggesting that I'm wrong and that that shouldn't have been flagged?

It's fine if people are homers - I get that and sort of respect it. But the Bills got what they deserved yesterday.

Also, I never said that Incognito blocked poorly in the run game. Instead, I pointed out the fact that he was penalized twice (once for what was essentially a cheap shot) and gave up a bad sack on the Bills second possession. That was exactly the complaint about him. I like the fact that he's a good run blocker - don't get me wrong. But it's the smart teams with good passing games that win in the NFL ...

PS - Just to clarify: if a lineman has three inarguably negative plays in a game that cost his team about 27 yards, then almost by definition he hasn't had a good game. I realize it was his first game, so I'm not passing judgment on him overall.

Guest dog14787
You're wrong. On the play itself he did actually do what you said he did - hit one guy on the shoulder (ticky tack) - but if you follow the play to the end, as the runner was going down at the sideline he clearly gives another guy (Seau) a shove squarely in the back for no apparent reason given that Seau was out of the play. I taped it, and I know I'm right on this one.

As for Corner's grab of Aiken, are you suggesting that I'm wrong and that that shouldn't have been flagged?

It's fine if people are homers - I get that and sort of respect it. But the Bills got what they deserved yesterday.

Also, I never said that Incognito blocked poorly in the run game. Instead, I pointed out the fact that he was penalized twice (once for what was essentially a cheap shot) and gave up a bad sack on the Bills second possession. That was exactly the complaint about him. I like the fact that he's a good run blocker - don't get me wrong. But it's the smart teams with good passing games that win in the NFL ...

I don't have it recorded , but I thought the player Incognito pushed went into Seau.

Two drive killing penalties (one a cheap shot on Seau) plus the fact that he single-handedly gave up the first of the many sacks that the Bills gave up with an ultra-stiff matador move. I know it's his first game, but that Rams fan who said he's a better than average run blocker but below average pass blocker who will kill your team with dumb penalties looks like he's onto something. I hope he improves and becomes a good player. Bad habits are truly hard to break.

Everything is going to change for him. He is going to settle down and be a good guy, because he is getting married. He's finally going to tie the knot with his college sweetheart: Ann Onymous.

i thought that he played pretty well, at least in the beginning. there were actually holes in the line for freddy and the beast to get through into the secondary.

there were definitely lower points than him in yesterdays game, i mean, how does your secondary which was pretty good for the rest of the season (top in interceptions) NOT turn around when covering a receiver?

Guest dog14787
I disagree. Incognito is a very bad person. He was hitting the defensive linemen a lot harder than the other Bills linemen. He actually could have hurt somebody out there. Last thing this "character" offensive line needs is someone who insists on such rough house tactics.

:wallbash:

link?

His contract is up at the end of this season. If we don't sign him to an extension, he's a free agent. I hope we do lock him down.

Judging from comments I'm reading here It seems that a lot of people don't realize that as of right now, we only have him for 2 more games.