Whitner, McKelvin, Maybin

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why stop there? In that time frame, we also invested first round picks in John McCargo, Marshawn Lynch, and Eric Wood.

That's seven first round picks without a clear hit. Wood may become one, McKelvin has shown flashes, and Maybin, I dunno, maybe there's hope. But still, on day one next year, the Bills may be starting only one of their first round picks.

Why stop there? In that time frame, we also invested first round picks in John McCargo, Marshawn Lynch, and Eric Wood.

That's seven first round picks without a clear hit. Wood may become one, McKelvin has shown flashes, and Maybin, I dunno, maybe there's hope. But still, on day one next year, the Bills may be starting only one of their first round picks.

why stop there...

jp losman, willis mcgahee, mike williams, erik flowers. they all seem like just yesterday..

McKelvin doesn't fit, the other 2 suck balls.

Really? McKelvin's a first round pick who plays a soft corner, he cost us the first game (then said he'd do the same thing again, fighting for meaningless yards when the game's on the line) then left with injury, and was picked in a year when we needed LB, DL and OL help, which is indicative of a clueless front office. Um, he's a perfect fit.

This team is puke!

They should remove the 'B', and call themselves the Buffalo ILLS. 'cuz watching them makes me physically ill.

hindsight is 20/20, but in our case I think it can be a fair assessment of the absolutely horrific job Modrak and Guy have done this decade.

Do you realize, that of the players you just mentioned, we would have our defensive line fixed? If we only drafted Ngata instead of Whitner, and Orakpo instead of Maybin. I also would have made it impossible for DE Cameron Wake to have gone to Miami.

This is all in only 3-4 seasons. We'd finally have a pass rush, and replacements for Schobel (who is only getting older) and Kelsay (who is waaaay overpaid and should be cut). I still would have drafted Wood, and I probably would have followed suit on the Peters trade. But veteran offensive lineman were available in Levi Jones (who looks solid with the 'Skins), Kendall Simmons (we waited too long) and Runyan.

This roster needs a complete overhaul. Chambers is horrible. As is Scott. Bell and Meredith are projects.

And anyone who thinks that Fitzpatrick is a capable back-up, does not know his a$$ from his elbow. Constantly throwing behind, around, below, above, and everywhere BUT on target does not make one a capable #2.

The overhaul can start with the 2 morons in the front office- Modrak and Guy.

1) All first round picks

2) All softies

3) All are far more mouth than playmaker

4) All cost us games

5) All wasted picks

6) All are major indictments of a weak, clueless front office

Whitner - Not worth being the 8th pick, can make the good and bad play. Thats our whole defense. see Poz, Mitchell. Ellison, Kelsey, Schobel. Thats why we need to blown the whole thing up. We have solid players but we can still upgrade in those positions to a probowl caliber player. Any position on the team office or defense that dowsn't have a probowl caliber player can be upgraded.

McKelvin - Clearly has pro bowl potential but he does need to be physically and mentally better. I say he is a keeper for

now.

Maybin - Lets discuss this one next year. I haven't seen crap from him this year but it is to early to judge. Not fair to judge him yet especially after Losman, Edwards, Whitner, Poz, McCargo, Lynch were all given three years just to show average abilty. All of these picks are wasted ones in hindset.

Really? McKelvin's a first round pick who plays a soft corner, he cost us the first game (then said he'd do the same thing again, fighting for meaningless yards when the game's on the line) then left with injury, and was picked in a year when we needed LB, DL and OL help, which is indicative of a clueless front office. Um, he's a perfect fit.

McKelvin only plays the coverages the coaches call. Jeez...........

Blame the coaches for soft coverage.

As for the fumbles on the KO against the Pats, no one grumbled last year when he was on fire returning KO's.

He was picked the year Nate Clements left. He played well his rookie year down the stretch and beat out Florence, Corner, and Yobouty to start. I would have kept Greer and made McKelvin the nickel back but McKelvin was good enough to start at CB.

Indicative of a front office that placed excessive value on bringing in players for the Secondary, while ignoring depth at Linebacker and D-line help

Um, the Bills surrendered 17 points to the Patriots, a team averaging 26.8 PPG, that has scored less than 17 points exactly once before this season, and 17 points twice before. If you want to place blame, do it (yet again!) on the offense.