Draft needs...

1. Rolando McClain / MLB / Alabama - The guy is a monster LB that could play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 and dominate. We missed out on Willis by one pick a couple of years ago and I hope that's not the case with this guy. IMO, he is that good.

2. Tony Pike / QB / Cincy - If he performs well against Florida I hope he lasts until the 2nd. Hopefully.

After that, I have no idea really. I just hope those are the first two we get.

dan lefevour, mccoy, williams, or mcclain, are all good options, others would be bruce campbell, OT from maryland, or if were lucky Suh, but I doubt it.

Also, theres alot of FA's this year, merriman, and wilfork come to mind, so whoever we can lure in thru FA will change our draft needs

NO MICHAEL VICK

1. Rolando McClain / MLB / Alabama - The guy is a monster LB that could play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 and dominate. We missed out on Willis by one pick a couple of years ago and I hope that's not the case with this guy. IMO, he is that good.

2. Tony Pike / QB / Cincy - If he performs well against Florida I hope he lasts until the 2nd. Hopefully.

You and me, water.

Top three need to be OT, DE and LB in order of best available unless free agent signings take care of one of these needs first. Ideally, OT would be the top pick but the Bills can't afford to reach for an OT with this pick. They have too many other needs.

As for QB, the Bills need to build their line first and give the new coach and OC a chance to evaluate and work with the QBs they have before bringing someone new in, IMO.

with all these needs, hope to heaven that we solve SOMETHING in FA.

Agreed.

Depending on what the Bills do during FA, then IMO our top needs are, OT, LB, DT & DE.

I feel we need 2 OT's & 2 LB's, we need not just starters at these positions, but depth as well.

Another DT & DE would be good too. Stroud, Schobel & Kelsay are'nt getting younger.

qb has to be the first pick, who will play qb? cant be fitz...
That's a dangerous way of thinking my friend.

I agree with PushthePile here. At the end of the 2001 season, things didn't work out between TD and Rob Johnson. It was said that whatever else he did, TD would not go into the 2002 season with Alex van Pelt as his starting quarterback. So he ended up trading away a first round pick to the New England Patriots for Drew Bledsoe. :thumbsup: Not only did that represent the squandering of a first-round pick on a purely short-term solution (for a team in rebuilding mode, no less), but the Patriots turned that first round pick into Richard Seymour! :w00t: :w00t:

Because the Bledsoe trade didn't work out (for Buffalo, at least), TD soon found himself once again in need of a quarterback. His first choice was Ben Roethlisberger, but Houston refused to trade down with us so that we could take him. Instead, he went #11 overall to Pittsburgh, and the Bills took Lee Evans 13th overall. That caused TD to go to his Plan B, which involved trading back into the first round to take you know who.

If the Bills are going to address the quarterback position at all, they need to do it right. No more of these "sort of" or "maybe"-type players!! :lol: Unless a quarterback has proved himself an accurate, accomplished pocket passer at the college level, in a reasonably complex offense, there's no need for the Bills to take him. If that means not drafting a quarterback at all this year, so be it. There are plenty of other holes on this team, and we already have a "sort of" "maybe" quarterback anyway in the form of Brohm.

1 qb

2 ot

3 dt

4 de

5 ot

I have this deja vu feeling that every three days someone starts this exact thread. Are we going to do this over and over until the end of April? My reasons for wishing the answer is "no:"

1. We have three more games to play. After that we will know who else has limbs fall off, and that will change the Bills' draft strategy.

2. Before the draft, the Bills will at least have a new head coach and maybe even a puppet GM. The new cadre might decide to cut half the guys on the squad. That will change the Bills' draft strategy.

3. Leading up to the draft, various players will convince the NFL talent evaluators to forget about what they accomplished during their college games, and instead move them up (or down) on their team boards because of a single good workout and/or an impressive interview at the combine. This will causes changes in the Bills' draft strategy.

4. There may be no agreement between the teams and the players' union. This will cause Ralph to scrap "Cash to the Cap" and announce a new budget policy: "Cash to 80% of the Cap." The Bills' draft strategy will be to trade down so that none of their picks will be in the first three rounds, but they will have fifteen choices. :thumbsup:

Can't argue with these two picks out of the gate.

I threw 'em into our simulator and finished the draft for you:

10 Buffalo *Rolondo McClain ILB Alabama

42 Buffalo Tony Pike QB Cincinnati

73 Buffalo *Nate Solder OT Colorado

105 Buffalo Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan

137 Buffalo Mike Neal DT43 Purdue

169 Buffalo *Thaddeus Gibson OLB43 Ohio State

201 Buffalo Jammie Kirlew DE43 Indiana