Bills claim Incognito

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richie Incognito-G-Bills Dec. 16 - 5:16 pm et

Bills claimed OL Richie Incognito off waivers from the Rams.

It's doubtful that a new home will cure Incognito's mental problems, but he's talented enough to take a flier on. When healthy, he was the Rams' best run-blocking interior lineman (as little as that's saying). The Bills will have the option of retaining him in 2010 with a restricted free agent tender.

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Related: Rams

what are his mental problems?

For those looking for a silver lining: Has started every game he's played in and blocked for a 4,000-yard passer, 1,500-yard rusher and two 1,000-yard receivers (according to the bastion of human knowledge, Wikipedia).

For those glass-half-emtpyers: Voted one of the dirtiest players in the NFL by the players themselves (should be under silver lining for a team that needs an agitator), constantly fined (it's his money), personal foul machine (he'll fit right in.)

I know it's too early, but if Levitre could bulk up a bit and be a legit LT, and we had a line of Levitre-Incognito-Hangartner-Wood-Butler........with Simmons, Merideth, and Scott for depth, thats not bad. Of course Wood needs to get healthy, but this could work.

Levitre is already too slow to be an LT. Putting on weight won't speed him up.

Looks like he's a bit above average at both pass and run blocking.

Ever so slightly below average (-1.1) overall. But the penalties (-4.5) bring him down a bit, otherwise he'd be ranked a bit higher. Now he's 38th out of 76 guards, but take the penalties out of the equation and he'd be tied with Justin Smiley for 21st out of 76. But of course, penalties bring guys down deservedly. Taking them out of the equation would distort the results, not clear them up.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

It's also worth noticing that he's only played eight games this year, and had two terrible games at the beginning of the year, but has improved later on.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?...p;playerid=2298

First post but a possibility not mentioned:

new left tackle ---- levitre ---- wood ---- incognito ---- butler

Bench : bell, meridith, simmons, hangartner

for the new lt, early pick, or maybe a free agent? I know it's hard to find a good lt on the open market, but an example I know is the saints have bushrod and brown coming up on contracts, Both expire this year depending on the labor agreement -- would probably be hard for them to sign both?

The fact that the Dolphins attempted to put a claim in for him tells me that Parcells thought highly of him to take a chance on him.

Thats a great point.... i luv that we got this guy,... we need players to kick some ass. if he can play, hecan learn to control himself..... he is not like Chris Henry he just fell out of a truck and finally ruined his career. This guy can play.

his problem is he is on a horrible team.. Much worse than the Bills,.... he gets frustrated and losses it..... Its worth a chance.

I like this signing a lot, nothing to lose. Regarding Kawika,.... he needs to shut up... uh where are you now..... o yeah on the IR, not helping us, collecting 5,000,000.