2010 Draft

Lou

The Bills haven't had alot of good luck the last few years in the draft, why not go for the "sure thing"? Ndamukong Suh, I know the Bills will have to move up to #1 to get him which means big bucks so most of us know Ralph doesn't like spending. But, maybe just maybe he has a bucket list going and winning the Super Bowl is on it. Trade with Tampa - send our 1st round pick along with Marshawn Lynch and another pick. Sure it might be alot but why not if we are just going to draft another Maybin and pass on Orapko?

as of right now, this is how I see the top 10 going:

1- Bucs - DT Suh

2- Rams - QB Clausen

3- Lions - DT McCoy (might take Okung or Campbell)

4- Browns - QB Bradford (Locker is going back to college, so Bradford is left)

5- Chiefs - S Berry

6- Redskins - OT Okung

7- Raiders - OT Campbell (but probably will take fastest player in draft)

8- Bills - OT Brown (we will have a charlie brown christmas)

9- Broncos - ILB McClain

10- Seattle - OT Buluga

I want to see Bills take Campbell, but he might be gone..

The Bills haven't had alot of good luck the last few years in the draft, why not go for the "sure thing"? Ndamukong Suh, I know the Bills will have to move up to #1 to get him which means big bucks so most of us know Ralph doesn't like spending. But, maybe just maybe he has a bucket list going and winning the Super Bowl is on it. Trade with Tampa - send our 1st round pick along with Marshawn Lynch and another pick. Sure it might be alot but why not if we are just going to draft another Maybin and pass on Orapko?

Orakpo does look good,but the Bills dont seem to know how to use there picks wisely.Maybin might of done as good on another team or maybee next year.Maybin hasnt played much ,and Orakpo has started from day one.Byrd would not have played this year if Whitner didnt get hurt.The Bills draft these guys high and dont put them in a situation to succeed,it kills there confidence.If you draft a player high he should start from day one,kelsay should of been cut.

Not nearly enough, from where the Bills would be picking it would likely be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year, 1st next year. Not sure how you were valuing Lynch, but the Bucs don't have much of a need for him considering there is 3 RBs on their roster including one who received a decent sized FA contract last offseason in Ward.

1- Bucs - DT Suh

2- Rams - QB Clausen

5- Chiefs - S Berry

6- Redskins - OT Okung

9- Broncos - ILB McClain

10- Seattle - OT Buluga

Brown is like 280 lbs. btw.

1- Bucs - DT Suh

2- Rams - QB Clausen

5- Chiefs - S Berry

6- Redskins - OT Okung

9- Broncos - ILB McClain

10- Seattle - OT Buluga

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ndamakung Suh / DT / Nebraska

2. St. Louis Rams - Jimmy Clausen / QB / Notre Dame

3. Detroit Lions - Russel Okung / OT / Oklahoma St.

4. Cleveland Browns - Sam Bradford / QB / Oklahoma

5. Kansas City Chiefs - Terrence Cody / DT / Alabama

6. Washington Redskins - Bruce Campbell / OT / Maryland

7. Oakland Raiders - Eric Berry / S / Tennessee

8. Buffalo Bills - Rolando McClain / LB / Alabama

9. Denver Broncos - Gerald McCoy / DT / Oklahoma

10. Seattle Seahawks - Bryan Bulaga / OT / Iowa

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ndamakung Suh / DT / Nebraska

2. St. Louis Rams - Jimmy Clausen / QB / Notre Dame

3. Detroit Lions - Russel Okung / OT / Oklahoma St.

4. Cleveland Browns - Sam Bradford / QB / Oklahoma

5. Kansas City Chiefs - Terrence Cody / DT / Alabama

6. Washington Redskins - Bruce Campbell / OT / Maryland

7. Oakland Raiders - Eric Berry / S / Tennessee

8. Buffalo Bills - Rolando McClain / LB / Alabama

9. Denver Broncos - Gerald McCoy / DT / Oklahoma

10. Seattle Seahawks - Bryan Bulaga / OT / Iowa

This has gotta be a Mel Kiper Jr. copy and paste...right?

My Two Cents:

1. Clausen is an awful QB, and he wont even go in the first round.

2. Bills need to make a play for Tony Pike.

What everyone is forgetting is that if we do get a new coach and GM, they are going to start a cleaning house, and bring in their own players in the draft or F.A. They will start with the most important position, or noticable position on the field. That is the quarterback. Since there are probably going to be no good upside QB's in FA then the draft is where is is going to be.

How many times have you seen a new coach this year stick with previous QB's. EX) Den, KC, Wsh(though they still have campbell, they tried to trade him) of this year

My Two Cents:

Perhaps. When Pike was out, his replacement, Zach Collaros, put up big stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=232807

U Cinn has a trio of good receivers, a game approach that emphasizes getting the ball up field in big chunks, and an OL that isn't especially big, but somehow does a bang-up job of pass protection. Pike got taken to the cleaners in '09's Orange Bowl against VT - 1 td pass, 4 interceptions.

I'm fairly certain that CIN has an eye on him, though. We'll have to wait and see how he does in the Sugar Bowl against FLA. He certailny gets high marks for pocket presence and scanning the field. He was a disaster in last year's bowl appearance; if he does well, he might sneak into the late 2nd. My best guess is that he goes somewhere in the latter 3rd.

This has gotta be a Mel Kiper Jr. copy and paste...right?

My Two Cents:

1. Clausen is an awful QB, and he wont even go in the first round.

Yeah, copy and paste bro, copy and paste. :thumbsup: The great talent evaluator you seem to be I should be copying and pasting yours, huh? :) Jimmy Clausen an awful QB and not even going in the first round? You can bet your life that Clausen will easily go in the top 10. I wouldn't mind if we made a play for Pike though, in the 2nd or so. The kid has definitely got grit and has shown he can get the job done in pressure situations, none more telling than the game versus Pitt. I do agree with stuckincincy as well though that I want to see how he holds up against Florida. That game has a hold on his future just as Troy Smith versus Florida a couple of years back. If he shines his stock will be rising, possibly into the 1st round. If he looks bad then he will drop into the 4th or later more than likely.

There are no sure things in the draft! We have had to learn that lesson with the #3 pick Mike Williams and others as well..Many teams have picked the sure pick to be very disappointed in the end ie: Ryan Leaf. I think he is close to being

a sure thing...but things happen such as injuries and some players gain weight, go mental ie: Ricky Williams and some have broken the law and ended up in jail...even Marshawn Lynch was encroaching that avenue. I would not pay too much to move up in the draft...I would trade Marshawn Lynch and our first to move to #1 but that's because I don't care for Lynch much at all. I just read the latter part of your post about trading Lynch after I typed the same thing so I agree with that example wholeheartedly!!! Good Job// and I was so mad when they passed on Orakpo...I sat here with my own little NFL Draft Central and I was furious...and they passed on Everett Brown 3 times who was projected to go a lot higher than he did....I would have drafted both of them personally! Good Post..I enjoyed it

Using Maybin as an example to say "the Bills don't use their picks well" is insane considering in the same draft we got Wood, Levitre, Byrd, and Nelson.

The point is by most accounts Maybin ranked below Orakapo yet the Bills elected to take the first. It reminds me of to the days of Erik Flowers. Where a prospect shoots up the draft charts because of a great post season workout. In terms of the 2010 draft I'm hoping somehow we end up in the top 6 and Okung falls to us as to me get the O-line fixed then go after a QB.

The point is by most accounts Maybin ranked below Orakapo yet the Bills elected to take the first. It reminds me of to the days of Erik Flowers. Where a prospect shoots up the draft charts because of a great post season workout. In terms of the 2010 draft I'm hoping somehow we end up in the top 6 and Okung falls to us as to me get the O-line fixed then go after a QB.

Rick Gosselin's draft rankings are what I go by. And he had Maybin two slots higher and categorized as a DE.

Perhaps. When Pike was out, his replacement, Zach Collaros, put up big stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=232807

U Cinn has a trio of good receivers, a game approach that emphasizes getting the ball up field in big chunks, and an OL that isn't especially big, but somehow does a bang-up job of pass protection. Pike got taken to the cleaners in '09's Orange Bowl against VT - 1 td pass, 4 interceptions.

I'm fairly certain that CIN has an eye on him, though. We'll have to wait and see how he does in the Sugar Bowl against FLA. He certailny gets high marks for pocket presence and scanning the field. He was a disaster in last year's bowl appearance; if he does well, he might sneak into the late 2nd. My best guess is that he goes somewhere in the latter 3rd.

It will be interesting to see how he plays against Florida. He hasn't faced a defense as good as Florida yet.

It will be interesting to see how he plays against Florida. He hasn't faced a defense as good as Florida yet.

I agree--it's going to be a nice test. However, they said the same thing before the Pitt game--i.e., Pitt has a pro-style defense. Pike didn't do half bad, esp. down the stretch.

I just think Pike is a gamer; his only downside, in my mind, is being injury-prone.