Brian Brohm for JP Losman

Brohm for Losman  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Brohm for Losman?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with draft choices

Mods,

Now that JP has signed with Oakland can we bury the issue?

I propose a separate JP Losman TSW Forum. His fanboys can all go there to talk about how Ralph/Mularkey/Jauron/Fairchild/Turk/AVP/whoever Mularkey's OC was and us ungrateful Bills fans ruined the next Peyton Manning. His haters can talk about how JP couldn't read a defense, fumbled alot, threw too many interceptions, and got sacked alot

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of infringing upon the work of "Captain Obvious"- I offer a list in response to the "QUARTERBACKS DO NOT WIN FOOTBALL GAMES" position.

Yes, football is a team game, and yes it is possible to win championships on the backs of legendary NFL defenses (e.g. Dilfer, McMahon), but history shows you've got a wee bit of a better chance with a solid QB. I wouldn't be so quick to assume the noted example that the Lions would still be the Lions if Joe Montana (in his prime) was starting.

Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers - SB I

Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers - SB II

Joe Namath, New York Jets - SBIII

Len Dawson, Kansas City Chiefs - SB IV

Johnny Unitas, Baltimore Colts - SB V

Roger Staubach, Dallas Cowboys - SB VI

Bob Griese, Miami Dolphins - SB VII

Bob Griese, Miami Dolphins - SB VIII

Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB IX

Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB X

Ken Stabler, Oakland Raiders - SB XI

Roger Staubach, Dallas Cowboys - SB XII

Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB XIII

Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB XIV

Jim Plunkett, Oakland Raiders - SB XV

Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XVI

Joe Theismann, Washington Redskins - SB XVII

Jim Plunkett, Los Angeles Raiders - SB XVIII

Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XIX

Jim McMahon, Chicago Bears - SB XX

Phil Simms, New York Giants - SB XXI

Doug Williams, Washington Redskins - SB XXII

Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIII

Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIV

Jeff Hostetler, New York Giants - SB XXV

Mark Rypien, Washington Redskins - SB XXVI

Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXVII

Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXVIII

Steve Young, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIX

Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXX

Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers - SB XXXI

John Elway, Denver Broncos - SB XXXII

John Elway, Denver Broncos - SB XXXIII

Kurt Warner, St. Louis Rams - SB XXXIV

Trent Dilfer, Baltimore Ravens - SB XXXV

Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXVI

Brad Johnson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - SB XXXVII

Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXVIII

Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXIX

Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB XL

Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts - SB XLI

Eli Manning, New York Giants - SB XLII

Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB XLIII

trade an unproven project for a proven disaster?

At least Losman has spent his career on the active roster, I don't know if Brohm has ever been off the practice squad until he came here. But if they Bills wanted Losman back, they could have signed him, although unless he felt real desperate, Losman probably would have told the Bills to F-Off. Besides, it worked out for him, he is back on the west coast where he wanted to be.

Jim Fassel straightened out allot of mechanical issues with Losman and it has greatly increased his accuracy in my opinion.

Accuracy and Mechanics are not his issue. He has no pocket presence and is too slow to make a decision. On top of which, as soon as he starts to get pressure, he caves like a house of cards. Oakland can have him.

Jim Fassel straightened out allot of mechanical issues with Losman and it has greatly increased his accuracy in my opinion.

You may be right but put him behind our O Line and it will be the same as before.

I always felt one of JP's problems was that he had too many Coaching changes and maybe didn't benefit from all the "experts."

Guest dog14787
You may be right but put him behind our O Line and it will be the same as before.

I always felt one of JP's problems was that he had too many Coaching changes and maybe didn't benefit from all the "experts."

I agree with the way you in respect to coaching changes and never really having a successful OC to begin with just like Trent Edwards and my comment doesn't in any way try to take away from AVP's attempt to right the offense because I honestly think AVP is a good OC, he's just running someone else's offense and making changes on the fly.

Rookie QB's need to develop in an offense and behind an OC who understands how to bring his guy along in stages. Run the ball down your throat, ball control type offense is the way these guys should have started out, instead its been just the opposite and so many changes have occurred under JP and Trent its no wonder they both have struggled.

We began to run the ball effectively as the season progressed last year. Had we maintained the same quality and experienced O-line, kept Shonert in place at the OC position and kept Trent Edwards at the QB position throughout the season we would probably be winning our division right now in my opinion.

anyone who'd trade for Vick would trade for Losman...or else they're hypocrites...same skill set...same types of onfield issues

LOL. Philster you are the hypocrite. You want to scream about Vick not having character while you sit here and call him names on this MB. Shut up.

Vick > Losman. Period. But really, please, keep it up on your anti Vick lobby. We all care what you think.

I feel like Jesus would prefer Michael Vick's company to yours.

anyone who'd trade for Vick would trade for Losman...or else they're hypocrites...same skill set...same types of onfield issues

think Vick is a mediaocre-to-crappy QB, but never did I consider or even at any point notice any similarity between him and JPL.

Vick has a much stronger arm and is 4 times faster on his feet. JPL was never a running threat---except to the Bills. He was chased down by everyone.

The Legend of JP Losman grows with every post!!

JP had his day in Buffalo .... it's really time to move on.

I agree with this sentiment....unfortunately, I believe that better handling by the Bills would have resulted in a better result with JP. they never put a square peg in a square hole with JP...they always put him into their idea of a system. Success in this world is most easily accomplished when using the inventory of tools at hand. STill one of the best arms around. However, in the pit of Oakland, he will find it tough as well, with the management likely to also be turbulent like his time with the Bills (who are still churning unfortunately as well) At least as a West Coast guy he is back home in that regard...I think he was from Venice, north of LA a little bit.

I'd let the new GM decide.

Okay, now you have gone too far. There is a better chance that we will trade Lynch for Vick and/or Brohm for Losman, than the Bills replacing our puppet GM. When an owner is serious about replacing a GM, he conducts the interviews himself. Since Russ Brandon is conducting the interviews, is there any chance at all that he is searching for someone to take his job away? Think about it. :thumbsup: