Raider Nation

Chef Jim

I'm not sure if any of you have had the chance to attend a Raider game but it's quite the event. I went to a couple when they were in LA and it was nothing great. Too big of a stadium in a ****ty part of town. I went to the game in Oakland yesterday with a guy I work with and those people are nuts, but in a good way for football. Too bad 20,000 of them showed up as empty seats otherwise it would have been awesome. The game in the stands is much more entertaining than the one on the field. And oh BTW...the Raiders suck bad.

She's a sales analyst for a distributor in Little Rock. We got to stay at Korbel, Cain, Benzinger, Jordan, and DeLoach. All were very nice.

DeLoach and Benzinger are pretty good. Korbel is ok for champange but I've heard they make a brandy which is supposed to be very good. Jordan is a big average producer and I've never heard of Cain. I'm planning on working with the smaller family run operations (starting with Sonoma) with their succession planning, estate and trust planning. I'm pretty excited about it and hope to get some great business out of it. Many wineries are due to change hands over the next several years and I'd love to assist them with it.

DeLoach and Benzinger are pretty good. Korbel is ok for champange but I've heard they make a brandy which is supposed to be very good. Jordan is a big average producer and I've never heard of Cain. I'm planning on working with the smaller family run operations (starting with Sonoma) with their succession planning, estate and trust planning. I'm pretty excited about it and hope to get some great business out of it. Many wineries are due to change hands over the next several years and I'd love to assist them with it.

We didn't get a chance to go to any of the smaller wineries, maybe next trip. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but found that I really like Ports. :thumbsup:

Yes the Korbel brandy was quite tasty.

I had the opposite reaction when I went. First of all, while tailgating, we had to tolerate a thugish/douche showing off his thumpin, ass kicking sub woofer right behind us. Of course his taste in music was up his ass just like his team. A few beers numbed the ahole a little but still managed to make the tailgating experience a negative one. Then, in the stadium, they play the same ****ty hip hop garbage at EVERY opportunity. Of course, with the plodding pace of NFL games these days there are many of those. And finally, to make it total fail, Raider fan has to harass my 11 year old son for wearing his Bills hat. Now he's a quiet kid and wasn't provoking at all. Keep in mind, Raider fan was in his mid 30s. If I remember correctly he said something like "You've got a lot of nerve wearing that here". Needless to say, never have returned. I have gone too a Niner/Bills game and it was the opposite experience. Fans around us couldn't have been better. Even when we were beating the crap out of them. I still would rather go to a Niner game any day.

If I remember correctly he said something like "You've got a lot of nerve wearing that here".

That's what all opposing team's fans say. You just smile back and say "Yep".

We go to lots of away games and never have a problem.

That's what all opposing team's fans say. You just smile back and say "Yep".

We go to lots of away games and never have a problem.

I agree, sems pretty innocent, and actually kinda nice..an older guy trying to rib your son a bit, make him feel a bit more involved?. Maybe was not said in that vein vein Dante, but from your post thats what i took out of it.

I would love to go to a Raider game. Went to one agaisnt the Bills in LA in 87, and that sucked.

I agree, sems pretty innocent, and actually kinda nice..an older guy trying to rib your son a bit, make him feel a bit more involved?. Maybe was not said in that vein vein Dante, but from your post thats what i took out of it.

I would love to go to a Raider game. Went to one agaisnt the Bills in LA in 87, and that sucked.

I like joking around with apposing fans. Ive had only good times with them really so it's not like I'm anal or thin skinned. This guy wasn't just having fun. He was serious from what I could tell.

I've been to games to see both the Raiders & 49er's, not to mention making sales calls at both stadiums. There are far more horror stories from Oakland than any of you would want to hear. As with most sports fans, it's a very small minority that ruin the game day experience for anyone. I will admit that Oakland's fan do take issue with opposing caps, jerseys, and the like being worn at the Coliseum. However, the Raider games almost never sell out.

I had the opposite reaction when I went. First of all, while tailgating, we had to tolerate a thugish/douche showing off his thumpin, ass kicking sub woofer right behind us. Of course his taste in music was up his ass just like his team. A few beers numbed the ahole a little but still managed to make the tailgating experience a negative one. Then, in the stadium, they play the same ****ty hip hop garbage at EVERY opportunity. Of course, with the plodding pace of NFL games these days there are many of those. And finally, to make it total fail, Raider fan has to harass my 11 year old son for wearing his Bills hat. Now he's a quiet kid and wasn't provoking at all. Keep in mind, Raider fan was in his mid 30s. If I remember correctly he said something like "You've got a lot of nerve wearing that here". Needless to say, never have returned. I have gone too a Niner/Bills game and it was the opposite experience. Fans around us couldn't have been better. Even when we were beating the crap out of them. I still would rather go to a Niner game any day.

Everything you mention you expect that going in. I hate rap music but somehow it just works at a Raider game. And here's your biggest problem, you went rooting for the wrong team. :unsure:

So......bad rap music and halloween costumes. Mixed in with a good dose of Crip, Blood, and MS-13 gangs.

Sounds like fun.

Yes it was. Sure beats a bunch of pansy-asses waiving terrible towels. Football is a violent sport so a little violence in the stands just seems natural. :unsure:

I've been to the last couple of Raiders-Bills games in Oakland, I was in my full Bills gear, and the worst thing that happened was I got peanut shells thrown at me.

If you do'nt get in anyone's face you'll be fine. We had a tailgate of about 100 people, Pinto Kenny was with us, and we had a great time.

I'm hoping the Bills play at Oakland in 2010. If the schedule rotation continues the way it has been, the Bills will be scheduled to play a strength of schedule game against an AFC West opponent on the road.

I've been to the last couple of Raiders-Bills games in Oakland, I was in my full Bills gear, and the worst thing that happened was I got peanut shells thrown at me.

If you do'nt get in anyone's face you'll be fine. We had a tailgate of about 100 people, Pinto Kenny was with us, and we had a great time.

I'm hoping the Bills play at Oakland in 2010. If the schedule rotation continues the way it has been, the Bills will be scheduled to play a strength of schedule game against an AFC West opponent on the road.

The AFC West opponent comes to the ralph next year.

The AFC West opponent comes to the ralph next year.

You are sure about that? Last I heard was that the NFL had not officially kept the schedule rotation they had been using.

According to johnnyroadtrip.com, the Bills play next year's AFC West team on the road.

Link: http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afce.htm