Trent Edwards

Guest dog14787

I just don't see what you guys are clinging to in Fitz, when the Bills are winning despite him.

Because when Trent was starting we were losing "despite him." Do you realize that with Fitz playing we've won 4 and lost 2 including beating 2 teams with winning records. With Trent 1 win and 6 losses with the one win against the hapless Bucs. Where's the upside? He wasn't getting it done and he wasn't getting any better after 30 or so starts.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what never ceases to amaze me is that people want a 5th year journeyman who has been absolutely lousy over a 3rd year QB that has shown flashes of talent.

I agree that Flacco> Edwards, but I believe that Flacco >Edwards> Fitz.

I just don't see what you guys are clinging to in Fitz, when the Bills are winning despite him.

What exactly were we doing when would win with Trent? We pretty much won inspite of his consistent ineptness. In all his games, he has about 3 good games, a couple of ok games, and the rest (even in wins) were below average or down right terrible.

Neither QB is any good, but at this point, Trent is gun shy and shot and the team is behind Fitz. You go with who the team is behind...its just that simple.

Guest dog14787

Yup, TE's done, finished, just like JP Losman was in this league.

You guys go on and keep kidding yourselves, but TE will start again somewhere and he will succeed and I just hope the same folks that want to continually run TE down now, knowing how pathetic our Coaching staff and O-line play has been, all the changes that have taken place that effected the offense, the no huddle, OC changes, concussions, all of it, will come forward and admit how wrong they were when he does, because I'm sure going to remind everyone.

I may not even have to remind everyone because he'll probably be kicking our buns every time he plays us.

You guys go on and keep kidding yourselves, but TE will start again somewhere and he will succeed and I just hope the same folks that want to continually run TE down now, knowing how pathetic our Coaching staff and O-line play has been, all the changes that have taken place that effected the offense, the no huddle, OC changes, concussions, all of it, will come forward and admit how wrong they were when he does, because I'm sure going to remind everyone.

I may not even have to remind everyone because he'll probably be kicking our buns every time he plays us.

Adrian Wilson.

Trent: 2011 high school coach in Thoasand Oaks, CA

Guest dog14787

I appreciate all the good work some of you fella's (and lady's :unsure: ) do in bumping my thread up.

Glove wearing Mary also sends her regards :lol:

Lets add Fewell to the fire, if Fewell loses to the Pat's and his ship goes down with Fitz at the helm then Fewell is a fool in my book because Captain Checkdown could have saved him.

So who watched the Indy game last night? If TE is Captain Checkdown, then Peyton must be the General. He threw just one ball deep all night. It was caught for a 65 yard TD. He checked down to the tight end and running backs all night long. Dink, Dink, Dink. Win!! One HUGE difference between him and Edwards --- Manning - 12 years in the NFL with ONE OC. Edwards - 5 head coaches and 6 OCs in 7 years of football since high school.

And how about Jimbos comments yesterday:

"... when you’re shorthanded on the offensive line due to injuries it compromises the effectiveness of Ryan Fitzpatrick. He’s dropping back and he doesn’t have an opportunity to read defensive coverages because his focus is drawn more to the defender that may not be blocked. As a quarterback you have to focus on the coverage, but when you don’t have time to do that it makes it real tough and your confidence level can take a hit.

The thought process has to be a lot quicker for the signal caller and the receivers have to get into their routes quicker and the quarterback has to get rid of the ball quicker and eventually the entire timing of the offense is off and finding a rhythm in the passing game becomes near impossible. There hasn’t been a whole lot of comfort back there in that pocket."

Did he selectively forget that Edwards played behind that OL also? Manning has TIME! Fittz has marginal talent. Edwards has tons of talent, but they need time.

So who watched the Indy game last night? If TE is Captain Checkdown, then Peyton must be the General. He threw just one ball deep all night. It was caught for a 65 yard TD. He checked down to the tight end and running backs all night long. Dink, Dink, Dink. Win!! One HUGE difference between him and Edwards --- Manning - 12 years in the NFL with ONE OC. Edwards - 5 head coaches and 6 OCs in 7 years of football since high school.

And how about Jimbos comments yesterday:

"... when you’re shorthanded on the offensive line due to injuries it compromises the effectiveness of Ryan Fitzpatrick. He’s dropping back and he doesn’t have an opportunity to read defensive coverages because his focus is drawn more to the defender that may not be blocked. As a quarterback you have to focus on the coverage, but when you don’t have time to do that it makes it real tough and your confidence level can take a hit.

The thought process has to be a lot quicker for the signal caller and the receivers have to get into their routes quicker and the quarterback has to get rid of the ball quicker and eventually the entire timing of the offense is off and finding a rhythm in the passing game becomes near impossible. There hasn’t been a whole lot of comfort back there in that pocket."

Did he selectively forget that Edwards played behind that OL also? Manning has TIME! Fittz has marginal talent. Edwards has tons of talent, but they need time.

Umm, Manning's YPA from last night's game was 10.26, which is more than a full yard ahead of the league lead for the season (8.9--Drew Brees), so you literally couldn't possibly be more wrong. Just as a point of reference, Edwards' highest YPA from a single game in his career was 9.56 (2008 vs. Jax-week 2). So in other words, in Manning's "Captain Checkdown Dink-Dunk Special" performance, his YPA was 10.26, versus Edwards "Career Bomb it Out Extravaganza", in which his YPA was 9.56. Care to revise your BS statement and actually base your opinion on some facts?

And if you're going to reference Jim Kelly in support of Edwards, isn't it just as pertinent to point out that Kelly said that the Bills should move on from Edwards?

Lastly, if you think Edwards has "tons of talent", you've been watching a different team than I have for the last 3 years, because he looks to me like a guy that can't cut it.

I think the answer is simple why the Bills are finished with TE, Fitzpatrick to TO...98 yards...franchise record. Don't get me wrong, Fitz is really crapy.

Syndrums - cool screen name.

It is funny that Fitz is rewriting the Bills record book under Coach Fewell. Longest play from scrimmage - 98 yards. Longest TD run by QB - 31 yards.

My own personal theory as to why Trent's done is that not only are fans worn out on Trent's Captain Checkdown routine, but the coaches were as well. My theory is the coaches had been trying to get him to throw to WRs and downfield a little bit. Guys were open and he wasn't throwing it to them. After the Tennessee game, they finally said enough is enough. This guy will never learn. Did we have different plays in the playbook in the first Jets game after Trent went out? I think the fact that Fitz hit WRS in that game was an indication to them it wasn't just because of a lack of blocking or WRs "taken away". There were rumors on nfl.com that Jauron was going to name Fitz the starter in the Jaguars game BEFORE he was fired. I think the coaches figured Trent is a lost cause because of his inability to throw the ball to anyone but the safety valve guys.

Trent Edwards is pathetic. Everyone around him is to blame but him right? I mean if I had the perfect storm around me I would be a millionaire and life would be peachy. You have to make the most of your surroundings. If there has to be a perfect scenario for one to succeed then he must not be that good.

After watching Matt Cassel play the Bills yesterday knowing how much the Chiefs have invested in him and watching our backup QB for a few games, the difference in the Caliber between TE, Fitz and Cassel is obvious in my opinion. Trent Edwards is better then Cassel, he's better then Fitzpatrick, probably better then half the QB's starting in this league.

Trent Edwards regressed because we stuck him behind a rookie O-line. Trent Edwards regressed because our coaching at the HC and OC position over the last 5 plus years has been pathetic. Trent Edwards regressed because of a self centered idiot we brought in at the WR position to supposedly help this ball club. Do you think the Steelers are looking for a new QB after losing to the pitiful Browns and giving up 8 sacks. Big Ben is a championship caliber QB coming back from a concussion and you see the results when playing behind a sub par O-line.

Judging from our offense yesterday, we now have another defensive minded coach trying to run the offense. Fewell, if you are going to run a ball control, run it down your throat type offense which considering our O-line and youth at the QB position is not such a bad idea, put a QB in that can hit the broad side of a barn. If this is the offense you want to run, Captain Check down is the guy for you. Fitzpatrick fumbles and turns the ball over way to much and its a miracle we even beat the pitiful Chiefs in my opinion.

Because of our O-line I really didn't want TE back onto the field this season, but TE can run a conservative offense. He's much more accurate and will not turn the ball over near as much.

Ryan Fitzpatrick cannot beat the Pats, but in my opinion Trent Edwards can and he almost proved it once this year already.

We should let TE play,

Flame away...

IF.....

If our receivers could get decent yardage after the catch, then Trent might be (have been?) more successful. But they don't.

Guest dog14787
I would pay good money to see trent throw a deep ball in the 20 mph winds on sunday. It would probably just hang up in the air and come back and hit him in the face

Naww, T.O.'s the expert at having footballs bounce off his fat head.