Do people still think Desean Jackson is "too small"?

Big Turk

McNabb had 4.8 seconds to release the ball to Jackson last night. If any Buffalo QB could have that time, Evans would be a long ball threat again. We didn't take Jackson because he served the same role as Evans, stretching the field, and we lacked a big Red Zone WR.

The thing is Desean Jackson was and is 10 times better the WR Parrish is. Jerry Rice was and I think still is helping D.Jack learn the WR pos. At the time I wanted D.Jack becuase I thought he was the best WR from the draft. But I understood why Hardy was the pick.

Desean Jackson wouldn't be the same guy on the Bills. Hell if the Eagles drafted Hardy he would be at least a serviceable wideout. Jackson has a great QB and a coach who has a good system both of which make Jackson all that he is. The Bills don't have the coaching or the QB to take advantage of Jackson's skills (Remember Edwards isn't a vertical QB and DJ's offenses are made for Desean Jackson like players).

So I don't look at not drafting Desean as the mistake but rather drafting Hardy as the mistake. Now Hardy still has time to make it BUT as of right now that is looking like a bust of a pick.

A thread crying about Desean Jackson? Really? Of all the players the Bills could have drafted over the past decade, Desean Jackson is thread worthy?

If you don't know just how good Jackson is, you don't follow the league. He has made a mind boggling amount of big plays this season. Historic.

Starting to wonder if James Hardy will even be in the NFL next season. Very discouraging.

If you don't know just how good Jackson is, you don't follow the league. He has made a mind boggling amount of big plays this season. Historic.

Starting to wonder if James Hardy will even be in the NFL next season. Very discouraging.

THere would be many teams that would try out Hardy. PITT, New England, Jets, Tampa Bay, Dolphins....all wanted him. Just because Buffalo cant make it work for him(which happens to most WR) doesnt mean other teams will forget about him.

THere would be many teams that would try out Hardy. PITT, New England, Jets, Tampa Bay, Dolphins....all wanted him. Just because Buffalo cant make it work for him(which happens to most WR) doesnt mean other teams will forget about him.

Stranger things have happened with players drafted much higher. It's impossible to tell if Hardy has developed at all because he's never played this season, but his inactivity is puzzling and seems McCargo-esque.

Uh...how can you even possibly think Jackson would even have 20 catches right now as a Bill? If TO and Lee were in Philly they would be both top 10 in recieving with McNabb passing...

We dont have a QB that can get the ball to WR's...when we drafted Hardy it was to get size in hopes to free up Lee...turns out, Lee wasnt the problem...it was our QB and still is.

I guarantee you Jackson would have no more than 20 to 25 catches right now on this team...if that. His only contribution may be on special teams, and thats an area we are already potent at.

I would bet serious money that if we drafted Jackson instead of Hardy, you would be on here posting "Why didnt we draft xxxxxxx instead of another small WR named Jackson when we already had too many small WR's"...and thats because Jackson would have done very little compared to what he has done in Philly to this point playing here with these jokes of QB's passing the ball...

Bingo!!! We have no QB. Our WR talent is absolutely fine. Our QB talent is bad, very bad.

I didn't read any of the above posts so maybe this has been covered but PEOPLE ARE STUPID. We need a tall receiver like we need a bruising RB or like we need a QB that runs a 4.7 or perhaps we need a tall receiver like we need a DE that has the quickest first step anyone has ever seen. People live in this new generation of football fans where John Madden's ratings mean more then on field play.

What we need most on this team are FOOTBALL PLAYERS not guys who set the combine record for bench presses*(I can now check "obscure Leif Larson reference" off my list. (This internal scavenger hunt gets tougher by the day). Seriously though, Having a 6'6 receiver is just as good as having one that's 5'9 if said player is used correctly. I think James Hardy showed flashes last year, nothing too amazing but I saw potential. I think good teams not only take good players in the draft but take good players that fit their system, the Bills seem to take good players that don't quite fit, it's odd actually. I think James Hardy could/would be a good player on another team(Steelers come to mind) simply because he would be used in a way to fit his strengths. This is a vital Time for Hardy, his confidence is most likely in a fragile state and even more so now with a new regime imminent. People focus too much on tangibles because they seem more real and help us to measure players one on one. Rob Johnson and JP come to mind. My point is this; The Buffalo Bills took a player with a unique skillset and they don't seem to be playing to it's strengths and that includes getting him on the field because there is no better way to get his confidence up(his weakest link in my estimate).

Eagles have a gamebreaker, we have a guy who can't even get on the field...

All I remember hearing is how Jackson was Roscoe Parrish and was too small for us to take...well...

he has the same punt return ability as Parrish, but he can actually play receiver too...

Too bad the Bills chose a 6' 6" bump on a log instead of a guy who is 5' 9" and can play...

While were at it anyone remember that time we took Leif Larsen 6 picks before the Patriots took Tom Brady?? Ooooops :thumbsup:

I didn't read any of the above posts so maybe this has been covered but PEOPLE ARE STUPID. We need a tall receiver like we need a bruising RB or like we need a QB that runs a 4.7 or perhaps we need a tall receiver like we need a DE that has the quickest first step anyone has ever seen. People live in this new generation of football fans where John Madden's ratings mean more then on field play.

What we need most on this team are FOOTBALL PLAYERS not guys who set the combine record for bench presses*(I can now check "obscure Leif Larson reference" off my list. (This internal scavenger hunt gets tougher by the day). Seriously though, Having a 6'6 receiver is just as good as having one that's 5'9 if said player is used correctly. I think James Hardy showed flashes last year, nothing too amazing but I saw potential. I think good teams not only take good players in the draft but take good players that fit their system, the Bills seem to take good players that don't quite fit, it's odd actually. I think James Hardy could/would be a good player on another team(Steelers come to mind) simply because he would be used in a way to fit his strengths. This is a vital Time for Hardy, his confidence is most likely in a fragile state and even more so now with a new regime imminent. People focus too much on tangibles because they seem more real and help us to measure players one on one. Rob Johnson and JP come to mind. My point is this; The Buffalo Bills took a player with a unique skillset and they don't seem to be playing to it's strengths and that includes getting him on the field because there is no better way to get his confidence up(his weakest link in my estimate).

Well said. Hardy will be a baller. I see Vincent Jackson in him but until things change around buffalo, fans will not see it. In fact they may never see it until Hardy goes elsewhere.