The best QB for the 2010 Bills...

Armchair GM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem: I'd guess that no more that 5% of the TSW membership watched - or even gets on their tv - MAC games. Count me in among the folks who doesn't know a thing about this guy.

He is the best player in a conference that has been crawling out from obscurity for the past couple years, which has had a highlight season....trust me when I tell you LeFevour may be the leading man of many talented players to come out of the MAC in years to come... :)

Or he was allowed to come back too quickly from a serious injury in order to try to keep his team near the top of the standings and to protect his draft status. He should have say out longer after the first injury.

I remember Jim Kelly missing most of his senior season with a shoulder injury. Would you call him a cream puff?

No. I wouldn't call Jim Kelly a cream puff in a million years. And you're probably right .. Bradford could have very well been selfishly rushed back onto the field. I'll take back the cream puff comment.

CMU is on national TV 3-4 times a year. In fact the MAC championship was just on ESPN2 last Friday. The games are there. Too bad people don't care because that's where the real draft finds are. If the power college teams were really all that special, all NFL players would come from them.

PTR

Dude stop posting because you make too much sense to be on this board...I'm joking :rolleyes:

This is why the scouting dept. is sooooo important. They have to find diamonds in the rough. I would at least bring him in for a workout, what could it hurt?

If Pike makes it threw the first round I would like the Bills to get him in the second round.

From yesterday's chat:

Emmanuel (Cheatham)

He wouldn't be the sexiest pick, but I think Dan Lefavour can be a franchise qb. Do you still see him making an impact at the next level?

Mel Kiper

(1:56 PM)

Yeah, I think he can make an impact, but I don't think he's a franchise QB. He has good size. Good arm strength. Decent mobility. He really studies the game hard. He's constantly studying the game. I think that benefits him at the pro level. Probably a 3-4 round pick.

Mel had Jamarcus Russell in his top 3 just like all the other morons. NONE of these guys know anything!!!!! Peyton Manning Ryan Leaf one pick difference. Brady passed over 5 times by the Patriots. Go the Ron Wolfe way and draft a QB every year until one pans out. Hope you get in the situation of having two good ones so one can be traded.

Also, sad to see the "cold weather tested" arguments still breathing.

Thank you, that argument is a bunch of crap. A good player(QB in this case) has the ability to play in any weather. Peyton Manning played at Tennesee, man it was cold there... Its cold on both sides of the ball just go out and play the game

Me too but not a top 10 pick. If the Bills can move back to say 14-18 sure and pick up another first round pick in 2011 or a 2nd in 2010.

I don't think they will be able to garner a pick like that trading down to 14-18. 2nd round pick and change maybe...

But I agree, he is not a top 10 pick. I would put him at a lower 1st round talent at this point. But remember what happened to Vince Young's stock after his performance in the National Championship game that year? Pike isn't in the Championship, but a good showing against Florida could move him up a bit.

All good points; however, credibility got blown out of the water when he/she said "DL looks fine...?" :rolleyes:

Let me re-phase, DL looks better than many positions, with as weak as the BB are at LB, and the amount of injuries in the secondary, and of course some of the DL injuries and missed games. The DL has played relatively well with all the circumstances, a lot of the yards given up rushing are due to the weakness at LB. The DL has helped create the interceptions, so I hope the BB do not use a 1st or 2nd on DL.

I would also like to see them switch to a 3 - 4, but of course that means even more quality LB needed, If John D. comes back healthy as well as Kieth Ellison, and switch Maybin to outside LB..then our depth at DL is good.

Mel had Jamarcus Russell in his top 3 just like all the other morons. NONE of these guys know anything!!!!! Peyton Manning Ryan Leaf one pick difference. Brady passed over 5 times by the Patriots. Go the Ron Wolfe way and draft a QB every year until one pans out. Hope you get in the situation of having two good ones so one can be traded.

The Ron Wolf way? Ron Wolf became Packers GM prior to the 1992 season. He immediately traded a first round pick for Brett Favre.

And for the record, he used his other first round pick, Number 5 overall, on a DB, Terrell Buckley, who had a good-but-not-great career.

Pick a QB in a middle round and let him develop. In the meantime keep Fitz and Brohm and let them duke it out for 2010. The line is not that bad when we get everyone back healthy, and get some better coaching.

PTR

As I previously said- I wouldn't mind bringing in Cambell- he has fallen out of favor in Washington and has a lot of talent

I,ve followed this guy the last 2 1/2 yrs. He's a winner over 40 wins in 4 yrs improved stats every yr, multiple 4th qtr comebacks, and all the physical and mental abilities you could ask for. The only knock I know of is his non rocket arm strength, but if anyone remembers, brady had arm strength issues his first few yrs and now he has one of the better arms in the league. But you can't teach the leadership this kid has and I for 1 think he's the guy for this team. Id say take him in the 3rd and make him compete with brohm.

I really hope Bradford is there when we pick. He's got a strong arm, makes good decisions, sees the field well, can read defenses, and most importantly.... he is extremely accurate. I would say that he is near Peyton Manning-level accuracy. If he drops to us, i would not hesitate to take him. I might even consider trading up a few spots to grab him. The NFL is all about franchise QBs, and Bradford has the highest chance of success, imo.

The Ron Wolf way? Ron Wolf became Packers GM prior to the 1992 season. He immediately traded a first round pick for Brett Favre.

And for the record, he used his other first round pick, Number 5 overall, on a DB, Terrell Buckley, who had a good-but-not-great career.

He drafted Matt Hasselbeack, Marc Brunell, and signed Kurt Warner(may have been a late round pick) along with a couple others that didn't work out.

Interesting note - Wolf traded for Ken Obrien form the Jets the year after he traded for Favre. Never can have too many options at QB.

also, to anyone that wants to compare lefevour to tebow, get a grip, this kid actually knows how to throw the football, and has never been used as a battering ram running back. he's a more complete player than tebow with better arm strength than mccoy, only difference is he played in the MAC, but hes got the best of both, I will be really upset if we dont land this kid, more so than when we didnt get big ben.