For everyone that is drooling for a QB in the 1st rd....

RockPile007

Thanks -- I'd love to see the article. What does he say Brohm has that no one in the NFL seems to think he has?

Where do you get the notion that no one thinks Brohm has any skills? He was going to be the #1 pick his Jr. year and ended up being a 2nd round pick his senior year. He hasnt seen any action in his first 2 years, so why would everyone all of a sudden think he has no skills now? GB even tried to keep him from us despite having their long term young QB in Rodgers and loving their backup too...

Where do you get the notion that no one thinks Brohm has any skills? He was going to be the #1 pick his Jr. year and ended up being a 2nd round pick his senior year. He hasnt seen any action in his first 2 years, so why would everyone all of a sudden think he has no skills now? GB even tried to keep him from us despite having their long term young QB in Rodgers and loving their backup too...

because he has been GOD awful in any time he has gotten into the game in the NFL. I see a lot of Packer games because my roomate is a die hard, and christ, this dude was pathetic. He got beaten out by a 5th rounder in Matt Flynn. I know he was good in college, I hope he turns it around, but he looked totally lost out there.

Hey buddy, if you work for a company who gets their revenue from online pay-to-read content, start shopping your resume now while you still have a job.

Hahah no don't worry. I'm not spamming. Here's what the Scout draft guy says:

“I think the whole Green Bay thing was a sham,” Steuber said. “I think that was a no-win situation in Green Bay. People are going to say ‘he lost it, he’s way over his head’ or whatever it may be. When you have a guy like Aaron Rodgers as the starter and you bring in Brian Brohm, who has been starting since high school, it’s a situation that’s not comfortable with him. You’re going to struggle. You’re in an environment that’s not conducive to success. I think that’s what Brian felt in Green Bay.”

“I think that Brian is so young right now that he can develop into the quarterback he was supposed to be,” Steuber said. “I don’t think that what you saw in Green Bay was Brian Brohm.

“Brohm can drive the ball. He just didn’t show it in Green Bay. I think that if Buffalo gives him a chance, he’s going to be fine. I really don’t think Buffalo should go after a quarterback in the first round. Just give Brian Brohm a shot. If you want to draft a quarterback, go second or third round. I don’t know what Trent Edwards’ situation is. Maybe he’s not there next season. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a journeyman. He’s a smart kid obviously, going to Harvard, but to me he’s not a starting quarterback in the NFL. Brian Brohm, to me, at least has a pedigree. If he came out after his junior year at Louisville, you’re talking about a top ten draft pick.”

Hahah no don't worry. I'm not spamming. Here's what the Scout draft guy says:

“I think the whole Green Bay thing was a sham,” Steuber said. “I think that was a no-win situation in Green Bay. People are going to say ‘he lost it, he’s way over his head’ or whatever it may be. When you have a guy like Aaron Rodgers as the starter and you bring in Brian Brohm, who has been starting since high school, it’s a situation that’s not comfortable with him. You’re going to struggle. You’re in an environment that’s not conducive to success. I think that’s what Brian felt in Green Bay.”

“I think that Brian is so young right now that he can develop into the quarterback he was supposed to be,” Steuber said. “I don’t think that what you saw in Green Bay was Brian Brohm.

“Brohm can drive the ball. He just didn’t show it in Green Bay. I think that if Buffalo gives him a chance, he’s going to be fine. I really don’t think Buffalo should go after a quarterback in the first round. Just give Brian Brohm a shot. If you want to draft a quarterback, go second or third round. I don’t know what Trent Edwards’ situation is. Maybe he’s not there next season. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a journeyman. He’s a smart kid obviously, going to Harvard, but to me he’s not a starting quarterback in the NFL. Brian Brohm, to me, at least has a pedigree. If he came out after his junior year at Louisville, you’re talking about a top ten draft pick.”

Thanks for the info!

So, seriously, why the hell do they say they aren't going to play him this year? Doesn't it make sense to at least give him some work, if not some starts?

Thanks for the info!

So, seriously, why the hell do they say they aren't going to play him this year? Doesn't it make sense to at least give him some work, if not some starts?

Because Fewell is coaching for a job next year and needs to win. He probably does not think Brohm can help.

There is no QB worthy of a 1st round pick this year, especially in the top 10 where we will be picking. The Bills desperately need an offensive tackle too and I expect the new GM to realize this.

Finally, someone who knows what a real QB looks like. Yes, this year's class stinks... except for Bradford (who is as tough as pretzel thins).

Don't count on a new GM... although that is where it needs to start. With all of the pub about a top tier coach... (smoke being blown up our shorts) eminating from OBD, it's evidence that Ralph is in love with Russ Barnem. Of course Ralph gets it... therefore the circus will have a new act... and although I wish it was a real LT and real RT, it's likely to be something else.

Hey buddy, if you work for a company who gets their revenue from online pay-to-read content, start shopping your resume now while you still have a job.

Not so fast. You and I may know that it's pissin money down the drain... and it is. But, this generation is as dumb as a box of kitty litter. They think nothing of pissin away $300 a month on a phone, texting, video games, music, and espn insider. They're being played big time and I don't think we'll see the end of pay to read for a while.

Honestly, your arguments come across as negatives more than positives.

He slipped from maybe a#1 pick (maybe) to a second rounder? Why? He hasn't seen any action for his first two years? Why? GB tried to keep him from us --- by putting him on their practice squad behind Matt Flynn, not even bothering to keep him on the roster? Why?

I'm not saying that he won't be terrific. He might. But he hasn't gone very far with his abilities. And you have to wonder why.

So he went from #1 pick to second round by his senior year? Hmmmmmmm.

So he wouldn't be in over his head in Buffalo? He struggled in GB, but would not in Buffalo? I don't see how this guy comes to this conclusion that he would be "fine" here. Certainly not by using logic.

That being said--I say let the kid play a bit. After Fitzy tosses a few ints, give him the hook (he's the backup, remember?) and let this kid get in there and take a few licks--otherwise we have to wait for the "Bills training camp QB competition" that has served so well in the past.

Not so fast. You and I may know that it's pissin money down the drain... and it is. But, this generation is as dumb as a box of kitty litter. They think nothing of pissin away $300 a month on a phone, texting, video games, music, and espn insider. They're being played big time and I don't think we'll see the end of pay to read for a while.

And if you do see the end of pay-to-read, you will also see the end of most quality content. You get what you pay for. Professionals write better stuff. They have more time to scout, more connections in front offices and scouting services, more time to write and usually more writing talent.

The problem with this generation isn't that they spend too much money. It's that they believe that even if they don't buy newspapers there will still be great investigative journalism out there, that if they illegally download music that great bands will continue to appear at the same rate in the long run and that even if they don't pay for internet content that the level of journalism will stay high regardless.

And it's not really a generational thing, it's an entitlement thing if anything.

There is no QB worthy of a 1st round pick this year, especially in the top 10 where we will be picking. The Bills desperately need an offensive tackle too and I expect the new GM to realize this.

Finally, someone who knows what a real QB looks like. Yes, this year's class stinks... except for Bradford (who is as tough as pretzel thins).

Don't count on a new GM... although that is where it needs to start. With all of the pub about a top tier coach... (smoke being blown up our shorts) eminating from OBD, it's evidence that Ralph is in love with Russ Barnem. Of course Ralph gets it... therefore the circus will have a new act... and although I wish it was a real LT and real RT, it's likely to be something else.

I want an LT in the 1st round.

So the people who don't want a QB in the 1st round say that there isn't a QB worth taking with that top 10 pick, but there is a LT that is worth taking with that same pick? According to Mel Kiper's Big Board, he has one LT in his top 25 (I'm not saying that Mel Kiper is the end-all-be-all of draft prognosticating. I'm just using it as a general guideline) and that guy is Russell Okung.

So if there is no franchise QB in this year's draft, what makes you guys so sure there is a franchise LT in this year's draft?