If You Had To Choose A UFL Coach

mousetrap08

Guest dog14787
I think I'd take Fassel, just because he is an offensive guy, I would be fine with Haslett or Fassel as coordinators, but I hope none of those guys is our HC.

I also like Fassel.

Guest dog14787
Forget the coaches. How about Rick Mueller, the defacto GM for all 4 UFL teams? He's also the guy who put together the current Saints team. Rick Mueller bio.

PTR

hmmm, I'll bet he could put together a decent coaching staff.

Forget the coaches. How about Rick Mueller, the defacto GM for all 4 UFL teams? He's also the guy who put together the current Saints team. Rick Mueller bio.

PTR

hmmm, I'll bet he could put together a decent coaching staff.

My fear with Mueller is that he might want to bring Jim Haslett in with him as the head coach.

They worked together in New Orleans for five years. Don't know what their relationship was but I do know that I don't want Haslett as our head coach. If they were together at New Orleans and in the UFL, I would guess they have a close relationship.

Well, we're not sure they are who we think they are. I wouldn't crown any of their asses.

If they were high caliber coaches they wouldn't be in the UFL.

Haslett is not a winner as an HC and just an average coordinator. It is somewhat disturbing that his name surfaces when the head coach discussion began.

Fassell went to a superbowl but has not been successful in his stint as offensive coordinator for the Ravens. Not a bad option.

Cotrell did not win as a UFL coach.

I think Greene is a good coach but his teams would always win against tougher oppenents and lose to the weaker ones.

Lets go in a different direction.

Mike Martz has express an interest. I would prefer Martz over these guys...and I think Martz sucks but he would be good if he could bring in a Rex Ryan type of defensive coordinator to work with him.

I wouldn't take any of these bums, Fewell is no worse than any one of them.

Haslett-did an overall poor job in New Orleans after a very promising rookie year-the only year he made the playoffs, 46-52 overall. 6 years there were: 10-6 then 1-1 in playoffs; 7-9; 9-7; 8-8; 8-8; 3-13. Then as interim coach of St. Louis 2-10, for a total NFL career coaching mark of 48-62, a .436 win %. Can you say Dick Jauron? Just like Jauron, he was not retained after an interim job. A career loser in the NFL who made the playoffs once in 6 3/4 seasons. Jauron's record is 40-56. Do you really want someone with a career record of 6 more wins & 4 fewer losses than Jauron? Haslett is not acceptable.

Fassell-60-56-1 overall with the Giants, take away his best season (12-4 +2-1 postseason) and his Giants record is sub .500-once again overall very Jauron like-one good season among a bunch of mediocre ones. I did a whole breakdown of Fassel in a prior post & I see no need to be repetitive here on Fassell.

Green-couldn't even compile a winning record in the UFL, finishing with a .333 winning %, only beating the New York Sentinals-one of the worst teams top to bottom ever assembled. Had a long run in Minnesota, where, unlike the other UFL bum coaches he actually had a decent record (101-70 overall). Then he ruined any legacy he had by compiling a 16-32 record in 3 Arizona seasons. The guy has batted .333 in his last 2 gigs. Give me a break!

Cottell-Never an NFL coach, had the worst team in the UFL going 0-6. A guy who is 0 for his head coaching career, yeah, that's the ticket. In the game I went to, out Jauroned Jauron. Punted on 4th & 1, down 18 points with less than 6 minutes to go in the game. In the short UFL season sufferred more blowouts than a guy driving into a set of tire spikes. Hell NO!

I think I'd take Fassel, just because he is an offensive guy, I would be fine with Haslett or Fassel as coordinators, but I hope none of those guys is our HC.

Agree. There is a reason why these guys are UFL head coaches and not NFL head coaches. I loved Haslet as a Bills player, and would love to see him back in the Bills family, but not as head coach.

If we have to pick someone from the UFL, why restrict it to Head Coaches?

Isn't it an equivalent league to the NFL? Let's give their coordinators a chance too.

Hell, why not position coaches? We can likely "get them on the cheap" too!

Check out Derrick Burroughs. He's as likely a candidate as any of them.

Jay Gruden, OC Florida. When he was an Arenaball head coach, he would moonlight helping his brother in Tampa Bay. Probably the most likely UFL assistant to someday get a real head coaching job. If we absolutely had to take a UFL coach, he'd be my pick.